Mott Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mott Community College

Shelby

It's my sophomore year, and I haven't had too many problems. The professors are great, they actually care about you succeeding. The food is pretty good (a little pricey, but it's worth it). Very easy campus to navigate, you'll find so many different people here! Love MCC! Go bears!

I love so many aspects about Mott Community College. It is a perfect way to transition into a four-year University. The campus is kept up nicely and offers many areas to lounge and study. It is generally safe and easy to find a security officer around. I love having access to the large library and online databases for papers. The size of the classes is smaller than most universities, which means more individual mentoring. I also like the fact that they offer a writing center for free help on papers. Professors are well-educated and personable for the most part. It's important to find the best teachers because not all of them are quality instructors (be picky about which instructors you take a class from). There is a strong diversity and I have learned a lot about all types of people and their different experiences. Mott Community College is a great and very affordable school. It is a cost-effective option if you cannot afford a university initially. I pay my tuition, so this is important. I highly recommend this college based on your need to save money and get a solid start to pursue higher learning. Often, Mott Community College is looked down upon because it is a community college but the school still offers some of the great things a University does. The main thing I would like to see change at Mott Community College is parking space-it would be very helpful to somehow offer closer and cheaper/free parking, especially in the cold winter months in Michigan.

Shelby

Mott is a very good school. They are not too expensive for those working their way through school. The teachers and administrators are very caring and are eager to help you learn.

Nickolas

The professors truly care about their students. The courses are intellectually challenging and high quality. I'm currently a 4.0 GPA student and member of the Psychology Club. I feel that having professors that are passionate about their fields make it a great class experience. I feel very motivated to succeed at Mott Community College.

Lydia

My opinion on Mott Community College, is that it is a great school. Considering the college is in Flint some might find it frightening but overall I think Mott is a great college. Perfect for individuals starting college or expanding their education. While attending Mott I've enjoyed the personalized attention and the flexibility for paying for my courses.

Onika

Out of all three colleges/ universities I have been to, Mott Community College is by far the best. The teachers at Mott really care about their students succeeding. You are treated like a human being at Mott, not just another Tuition check. The only complaint I have is that the older buildings could use a little sprucing up to make it more enjoyable to be in. Other than that the food prepared by our culinary students is phenomenal, the grounds always look beautiful, our bookstore has anything you could possibly need, the curriculum is outstanding, our library is huge, and we have amazing teachers. All in all Mott Community College is my favorite College and I would absolutely stay for a bachelors degree and masters if they offered it.

Austin

So far it's really cool the teachers seem like they are really wanting to help you succeed with how flexible they are to keep you on track or willing to work with you so you don't fall behind. Beyond that I like having a bunch of spaces where you can sit and relax and get some stuff done

Natalie

I believe it is a well developed school that has much to offer. The professors are very knowledgeable and everyone on campus is very helpful and nice. I love that I'm able to reach basically all of my professors at any time for help. They have an amazing bookstore too with basically anything you think you would need for school supplies.

Kara

Mott is overall a fantastic college for a newly-graduated high school student who is still fairly undecided on what exactly to study. Mott offers many classes that would pertain to fairly different interests, which would be helpful for a new student, whether they are a freshman or an older person who has decided to go back to college. The class sizes are great, especially for someone who may need a little extra help from the professor as they range from 15-25 students.

Tamiekco

I really like going here and do not regret my desicion to stay in flint and saving money. The class sizes are nice, teachers are super friendly, and I really like my advisor. Everyday I come to school, I become more and more excited to work towards my degree. I plan to transfer to University of Michigan: Flint to further my education and to continue saving money while doing so. My goals are to also continue to apply for scholarships through out my journey and save money to keep my debt as minimum as possible.

Mauricha

It’s safe helpful and neat

A'mari

My overall rating is a 9 out of 10. This is a really good college to start off with if you plan to transfer to a university, and its cheaper. Most of the professors are ready to help you and actually spend time to assist you with your work load. It helps also that you're able to take as many classes as you can handle, but not overwork yourself in the process. This is an all around good school for college students.

Kiara

I have been attending school at Mott Community College, my experience have been pretty good. The teacher is very sweet and understanding. If you ever need help with something in class there are always there to you whatever it might be. There is a great amount of support also for those who may need it. I would highly recommend Mott Community College !! Go bears!

Overall, I believe that Mott is a decent school for its price. It is very affordable for those who cannot afford five thousand or more dollars or more to attend a University. I feel there could be lots of improvement, but I would recommend others. The teachers are also very understanding and helpful. They truly care how you're doing and are willing to help.

Destiny

I believe Mott Community College could be better in these areas: facilities and professors.

nicklaus

I have only been with Mott for a year but the college has impressed me beyond expectations and I believe this college is the right choice for people to take to get extra credits out of the way. I look forward to the next two or three years of my life at Mott and hope it continues for that amount of time.

Cory

Mott Community College is a smart start to your future. Most students are still trying to figure out what to do with their lives, and Mott is an affordable alternative when compared to a University. There are an abundance of classes available for students to partake in, and once they have decided which career path they would like to take, they can transfer those credits to their desired 4- year college. I would highly recommend Mott Community College as a first and second-year college for middle class students.

Robyn

Mott Community College is an overall decent school to obtain your undergrad. I am only attending because it is less costly than going to a university to get my general requirements. The area is filled with violent crime and lacks a safe and reliable water source.

Morgan

Overall I had a very pleasant experience here. The professors were very knowledgeable and personable, and the facilities were very clean and well taken care of. The food in the cafeteria and shops had a large range and was always delicious. My favorite part however was to be completely immersed in the unique and deep rooted culture and diversity among the students staff and school.

Lea

I feel that Motlow Community College is a school that tries its best to help its students, with their set education path. What with the writing center for aid with essay's and papers, an the student center for overall help. Those two things help a lot if you need help with some homework, the tutors are friendly, and setting up an appointment it simple. Professor's are almost always available in person and with their office hours, along with email's and scheduled appointments', it can be a guarantee that you will receive help at some point. The Wi-Fi is really great there, so if you're not in the library but need to do some classwork, or homework you can do it in another building. Even though there are not that many clubs on campus there are still many options to make friends or hang out with new people.

Alexandrea

Mott Community College offers a wide variety of classes and degree programs. It’s a great campus with an awesome athletic department that prides itself in having great sports programs. It’s facilities are up to date and campus security is one of the best around.

Donniesha

I am pleased with the education I have gotten thus far from Mott Community College. All of my professors have been a pleasure to have during my educational journey here. I mostly appreciate the willingness to help of the staff and faculty, including counselors and advisors. I feel as though they go above and beyond to help the students achieve their fullest potential.

Ava

I personally believe Mott is a place of great potential. They have a lot of services on campus for their students and faculty, and are always willing to help one another out. However, there is a few things Mott can improve on. First off, there is little to no "healthy" options for students who are looking to eat something other than french fries for lunch. The Bear Bistro is extremely limited in their options, and, without healthy lunches, how are students suppose to achieve their greatest possible self. Secondly, some of the teachers, particularly in the math and science department, are very hard to learn from. I took an astronomy class that was notes, exams, and labs. Nothing else. There was not even a formal introduction to our teacher. Our first day was notes. It was hard to learn because there was no resources available when you were absent (no powerpoint notes on our blackboard), and some material on exams was never brought up in class, or worse, brought up in class the class after the exam. My calculus teacher, on the other hand, was very difficult to connect with and was extremely unorganized. I struggled with multiple concepts in the class, but whenever I would go to the math empowerment center or to their office hours, I found myself being either slightly belittled or still confused. I do not feel ready for my second round of calc at all, and I just can't help but think how much better I would have gotten with a teacher who could explain things in a more concise matter and was more intent on helping kids than belittling them. Mott is a great place, don't get me wrong. The community atmosphere is amazing, I have made so many friends, and I there has been hardly anything I didn't enjoy, but there is always room for improvement.

Halle

Overall, Mott is a great community college when looking to do either a few classes when home from University or to go full time as a cheaper option to stay home. They can work on communication, but it overall is a great place with main campus and other locations.

Rayanne

I love it! I love going to school there! it's not a huge campus but it's big and everything you need can be found in one place. The teachers are always willing to go the extra mile. Education at Mott is also top notch. You get the education of a major university right at a local community college.

Asher

I think Mott is a great place to start school. It helped me adjust to college life really well and the professors are always there to help you. The campus is small and does not have a lot of students which makes knowing everyone very easy. Everyone there is friendly and I would highly recommend!

Jenna

I have always had a pretty good experience at Mott. Most of the professors I have had are amazing, and I would take more classes with them. Online and in class learning is really good, and the professors usually answer your questions in a timely manner when you email them. The community overall is really nice too.

Kathryn

I love it , easy to find people you get along with , the teachers are always there when you need them and even take time to help if anyone is struggling, the security is always on point. I always feel safe on campus Nd there is no other college I’d rather attend.

David

Mott Community College is certainly small in size, but large in culture and opportunity. In addition to a diverse variety of classes and extracurricular activities, there is an atmosphere of welcoming and openness for its students, which fosters lasting friendships and growing minds alike. There is no shortage of excellent professors and compassionate college staff, and nearly every academic and financial resource a student could need is readily available. Due to its small size, there is no housing, and the catering provided is subpar. Additionally, many of the athletic facilities are only available for students enrolled in certain classes. But despite these inconveniences, Mott Community College more than adeptly provides the foundation a college student needs to further his or her education and to succeed in life.

Kamea

In my opinion Mott Community College is an overall great school. Considering it is a junior college the classes they offer and great and the class sizes are small. I think the biggest downfall out of this is the fact that they don’t have dorms. But once you get over that the staff is friendly and the facilities are great.

Lucinda

I am proud to be a student at Mott. From day one, it has been very clear to me that student success is Mott's top priority. It is wonderful, and so important, to have availability to help and resources.

Vanessa

The teachers that I have had are wonderful. The colleges timing on how classes are back to back i not fun when it's all across campus in 5 minutes. Classes are challenging but not overwhelming all the time. Campus can be dangerous if you don't watch your back.