Mount Aloysius College Top Questions

The most popular organization on campus is Colleges Against Cancer. Campus Activity Board, which is in charge of activities for the campus, is also popular, as well as Campus Ministry; considering we are a Catholic College. I myself am involved with Campus Activity Board, and well as Criminology club and Peer Tutoring. Students on campus tend to be pretty open with their rooms, you can leave your door unlocked or open and not worry about people coming in. Basketball is our most important sport here, we have an event called Mountie Madness every year to introduce the basketball teams. We have many guest speakers. We do not have any fraternities or sororities on campus. We also have an event called Christmas At the Mount, in which the whole campus community comes together to celebrate the Christmas season by eating together, having a Christmas liturgy, and having activities for the children,

Nicky

CAB - Campus Activities Board. They decide what fun stuff goes on around campus. Do you want to have a lazer tag party or a screening of a certain movie? Join and be heard!

We have a variety of sports offered on campus such as basketball, softball, cross-country, and soccer. Among the most popular, however, is probably basketball. We also have many clubs, and if you don’t want to join one of the many clubs we have to offer, you can always create your own. This year a friend of mine created the ‘Simply Caring’ club. Right now we are working on a service project to send pictures to soldiers in barracks and we are now also supporting Bead of Courage.

We have numerous sports here on campus that are open to students. We are Division III in the Allegheny Mountain Collegeate Conference. Our sports excel in every aspect of them, from on the field of play, to in the classroom, to community service. Every major has a club or organization to go along with it. You get the experience to work in the field, with the professors, and with others in your major. It is a great opportunity.

The most popular organizations on campus seem to be athletics. There are always a number of people at games. There are also a number of freshman at other campus events because they are trying to gain credits for classes they are taking. I am a part of the Mercy presidential scholars at my school. We are student ambassadors who are expected to stand up and be active members of the campus community. In the dorms many people keep their door open and are alway up for something to do. I've wittnessed many people playing games around campus along with studying together in the lounge. Although there are a lot of people around on the week days there are little around on the weekends. Since a lot of people go home there is little to do but study or search out those few left on campus. Getting off campus is also difficult if you do not have a car. Although freshman are allowed to have their cars on campus, I do not along with a few other students. This makes our weekends limited. In the town of Cresson there is a sheetz and a few small stores. The most popular thing for students to do on weekends is for them to host a movie night in their room. I have done this on few occasions. It is a nice way to escape the pressure and expectations from your classes.

I have no idea. Every student is different. Right now a vast amount(vast amount for Mount Aloysius anyway) are involved in humans vs. zombies, basketball games are popular to go to, and every once and awhile we hold dodgeball tournaments or MAC's Got Talent. They usually have relatively new movies playing about every other week that are free and often classes put on theatre productions. Also the Resident Assistant's hold events for individual dorms that you can participate in. I wish athletic events did get more attention in order to get that school pride going. The dating scene...there isnt much of a one. There isn't a whole lot of drinking on campus, because the students who do drink just head off campus for that. If you want a campus that has a lot going on...go to a bigger school. Truthfully my friends and I make our own fun with going shopping, ice skating, pick up soccer games, movie nights, and whatever the heck we want to do. You make your own fun. Its really nice having friends just down the hall that you can go and hang with when you are in desperate need of a study break.

There is a club on campus called CAB (campus activity board). This club focuses specifically on what the students want and need as far as activities go on campus. If something is suggested, the board will review it, discuss it, and poll students on their thoughts. If it's something that the campus wants - they will make it happen. It it is a hit, they will continue to do it from year to year. Some things that they have continued to do over the past couple years include: a Halloween weekend bash, activities at Homecoming weekend like themed pictures for students that are free, and SpringFest.

MAC is full of campus activities to be involved in. We have so many clubs offered here! So many people are in at least one club on campus, or part of a sports team, or at least stays involved on all the campus activities. Even within the dorms there is always an event planned for the residents. Everyone is friendly; most live with the open door policy. Everyone is always welcome to visit one another. You will get to know everyone in your dorm very easily. Everyone abides by the quiet hours though. If you're awake at 2am on a Tuesday morning, it's probably because you're writing a paper or studying for that huge test later on that day! MAC is a dry campus. We don't need alcohol to make our parties fun. There are plenty of other things to do. There is no reason anyone should be bored on campus.

Students come togther to support and rally behind everything from sporting events to theatrical plays. i am currently involved with the biology club and Colleges Against Cancer. You will fin that when students ar in their dorms the door are usually open. Basketball games draw a big crowd here at Mount Aloysius. There are also many guest speakers and symposiums held on campus throughout the year. This is a dry campus, so you on't have to worry about drunks wandering around campus disturbing the late night studying. With Altoona fifteen minutes away there is plenty of shopping and activies to do off campus.

Mount Aloysius has a very open and proud student body. Students frequently visit their friends in the dorms and can basically walk in to hang out at any time. We have 13 mens/womens sports at MAC and are NCAA Division III in the AMCC conference. Students love to attend home games of all the teams and root on the Mounties. The residence life as well as other departments on campus provide speakers, musicians, intermural sporting events, and dances all school year long. We do have dry campus but are able to have lots of fun without alcohol. We are in the middle of Johnstown and Altoona, two cities with lots of restaurants and lots of potential for fun.

As with any school, the most well-known/popular kids are the athletes. Many people attend basetball, baseball, and softball games to cheer on friends and classmates. When there aren't games, many people join clubs such as Colleges Against Cancer (which holds a Relay for LIfe every April), Campus Activity Board, or a major's club such as Nursing Student Organization. The easiest way to get to know people on campus is to live in a freshman dorm and leave your dorm open! Many students will roam the halls and stop in to chat throughtout the day. The school brings in comedians, singers, etc on weekends or you can head into Altoona to go shopping or catch a movie or go for a hike in the National Forest within driving distance. You don't have to drink to have fun in college, just be creative!

Campus Activities Board plans a lot of activities for the students, ranging from dances to bringing famous guests on campus. There are also many other clubs, such as Colleges Against Cancer, Biology Club, and Student Government Association. Students don't generally leave their doors open, but people still visit others and are very friendly. Athletic events are well-attended. Mount Aloysius students are very enthusiastic and spirited. MAC is a dry campus, which means no alcohol is allowed. There usually aren't any parties. There are no frats or sororities. Many people have movie nights in their dorm rooms or Campus Activities Board sometimes plans campus-wide movie nights.

Sports are usually pretty popular here although there are not many big games going on. Another popular club is Colleges Against Cancer. They usually put on some kind of event every month to raise awareness about certain types of cancer. They are always pairing up with other clubs and organizations to help make these events work. There are usually activities going on on campus that give students things to do, but it is a quiet place on the weekend. There are not many events on weekends. I would say there is something going on about one weekend in the month. This is not that bad because most students go home on the weekends, but for those who stay it can b boring at first, but you find people to do things with pretty quickly.

Campus groups and organizations contain a small portion of this campus. It takes a willingness to join or become involved on your own. The group that I am affiliated with is women's soccer. Our group is friends on and off the field. The athletic events do not always bring the largest crowds, but it is just a blessing to continue to play the sport in college. With a small campus who has a higher female to male ratio, allows for more options for the men. I am not saying there is no hope for females though! Being up late on nights does not allow for much here on campus. The closest town that has the mall, movies, food places is twenty minutes. I personally have not had any complaints. I do with there was more in the small town, but you become creative to entertain yourselves and you truly do make closer friends. This campus is a dry campus, so parties are not as prevalent. They still happen none-the-less, but compared to other schools they do not consume a large portion of the residents on campus. Last weekend, I finished up my last game of the soccer season and enjoyed the fall weather in some sunshine.

I am on the baseball team and that is where I have met my closest friends. There are lots of different clubs, organizations and sports teams for students to get involved in. Our sports teams get pretty good turn outs from fans. Students in the dorms interact on a regular basis and enjoy their times together.

The most popular student activities would have to be the athletic events. Campus Activities pushes to get a lot of other events on campus like musicians, comedians, poets, etc. which also proves to be a great hit. We do not have a greek life on campus, so fraternitites and sororities are not important. The dorm life definitely provides for meeting some of your closest friends, but being a resident turned commuter, you can definitely meet a lot of friends commuting to college.

Jodan

i'm not really sure if there are popular groups here it just all depends on what your into. with all the clubs an activities your bound to make friends. even with the kids in your classes. in the dorms you can always make friends I leave my door open to see who might stop by to chat. and writing cute little saying on a white board is always a good ice breaker for conversation.

The most popular clubs are CAC colleges gainst cancer or CAB campus activity board. They are two largest groups and they pretty much run our campus. The Basketball team and the Baseball/softball teams are the most popular sports teams. WE have Mountie Madness every year where students come show pride for the basketball teams. My closest friend is my roommate and we met in a computer class (we both hate computers).

Sports are a big thing here on campus. I am the vice president of the Biology Club right now, and we are just interested in gathering a variety of students to do different service projects. Most of us in the club are a science/medical major, but not everybody is. I am also involved in Colleges Against Cancer which is a pretty big club that hosts a Relay for Life walk each year. Most people meet their closest friends in the dorms or in their classes.

Luca

The most popular student organizations on campus are the Men's Basketball team and baseball team. Everybody loves to go watch the basketball games in the winter.. The gym is always full during every home game and the school shows tremendous pride for the mounties.

Chelsey

The most popular activities on campus are basketball, volleyball, baseball, Colleges against Cancer, The Anything Goes club, and other various activities. I am involved in Colleges Against Cancer and our club is focused on raising money for the Relay For Life organization. In the dorms, many studens leave their doors open for anyone to come in and hang out. Athletic events here are really popular especially basketball, and other events like speakers and theater are pretty busy as well. I meet my closest friend through high school but in coming here I made many new friends. If I would be awake at 2am on a Tuesday morning, I would be studying. There ae no fraternities/sororities and the Mount is not a party school. On a Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking a student could hang out with their friends or go to an event that was happening at the school.

Chelsey