Columbus, OH
Mount Carmel College of Nursing

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Carmel College of Nursing

Maddie

I love Mount Carmel College of Nursing. All the professors are extremely knowledgeable and truly provide a supportive learning environment. They have pushed me more than I have ever been pushed, and have challenged me in ways I have never been challenged. I received all A’s even though the program is extremely hard because my professors really make me interested in my learning. I feel truly blessed to go to such an amazing college. I wouldn’t have rather gone to any other college for my nursing degree.

Alyssa

Mount Carmel College of Nursing is a great school that is focused on nursing. The class sizes are small and the professors know you're name. The professors are always available for students. There are tutoring services at the college as well to help students struggling. The NCLEX passing rate is very high due to beginning to study and learn about the exam the first week as a freshman. I recommend this college to aspiring nursing students everywhere.

Jenny
Bad experience

Would NEVER recommend Mount Carmel graduate program to anyone, incompetent instructors.

Bad experience

Elise

I believe that they will provide me with a good nursing career. They have a high accredation in the state of Ohio and I have heard that the school provides one of the best educations for nursing in the state. This will also help me to get into a good masters program.

I would have told myself that finishing high school would have been the best option because once you have a family and a job college is much harder. I would have told myself that I am much smarter and capable than I give myself credit for and the time that is left is worth the wait and stuggle because even if college is more difficult it will be worth it in the end.

It seems that all of my classmates are very determined to be successful and do what it takes to help all of the other students to be successful as well.

Brandee

It's a small private school with excellent teacher to student ratios , which gives more individualized training.

My college experience so far has been very positive. My instructors are excellent and very willing to go the extra mile to help students in every facet of learning. The value of attending college is astronomical, as it will give me the training and knowlege in healthcare that I need to advance in the nursing field.

It's hard to get ahold of office people in a timely fashion. Lots of phone tag is involved if you have a question about financial aid, etc.

Autumn

I would advise myself to stick with it and study. Its going to be that hardest thing that you have ever had to do, but you CAN do it. Don't give up and don't doubt yourself. You made it into one of the most elite nursing schools there is, don't give up.

The worst thing about the school is that it does not facilitate the single parent well. The financial aid department neeeds some help.

A person that does not have a good study ethic and high morals would not do well at this school. It is very mentally demanding and requires are very high code of ethics.

Allison

Wow, that is a very interesting situation to think about. The main advice that I would give to myself would be to start making good study habits. In high school I never really had to study that much, and when I got to college it was a different story. In college I actually have to study and do a lot of work outside of the classroom. I was definitely not used to that and it made my first semester a little more challenging. If I would have had that advice in my senior I could have good study habits and it would have lowered my stress and anxiety levels a lot when I got to college. I am happy to say though, I am in my second semester now and I have created some very good study habits that I intend to keep for the next four years!

Once accepted you are in the nursing program already and are not put on a waiting list like most schools have.

The location, it is kind of in a bad part of Columbus.

Dear Freshman College Student, Congratulations in taking the next step in life. College is not a chosen path, but a wonderful opportunity one must grasp. Here is some Senior Advice: Don't be afraid to borrow money for college; about 90% of students utilized borrowed money to pay for tuition; ou will pay it back, no need to fret. Pick a degree within your first year of college; stick with it; graduate with it; and utilize it. There is no career or job that is 100% perfect. Going AWAY to college can sometimes be expensive and scary, however living in the dorms and developing lifelong friendships is priceless. It is the single most important experience you will ever encounter. Above all, enjoy these college years, as they will never come again.

Forgetfulness...lack of ?they? (professors, advisors, counselors, directors, etc) remembering what it was like to be one of us, a student - is what I find to be the worst aspect of my school and any school for that matter Being a student is extremely difficult. Not only do we have to academically achieve, but we also have to be friends; sisters; brothers; mothers; fathers; husbands; wives; employees; renters; owners; care givers. "They" need to understand and remember what life was like as a student. Maybe if "They" can achieve and conquer forgetfulness then we can achieve and conquer our education.

Achievements, accomplishment s, and statistics remain my bragging rights for my school. My school is recognized as the second largest campus nationally; accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA); has been graduating student for over 132 years; ranked top 20 colleges in the country; recruited over $60,000 students; consistently mentioned in Forbes magazine as of the best universities in the country. The list could go on and on...at least thats what my friends say. Needless to say, I am proud to be a student at my University!

My school is small, caring and dedicated to making incredible nurses.

My school is small, caring and dedicated to making incredible nurses.

I would tell myself to be myself. Before college I was very outgoing and outspoken. Once in college I started to struggle (school always came easy to me in high school), once I started to struggle, I started becoming very quite because I was nervous I would say something that made me sound stupid. I missed out on a lot of great friendships because of this. I would also tell myself to really think about what I want to do for the rest of my life. I have a business degree because my dad wanted me to get one. I am now back in college for nursing because I want to take care of people. I knew I wanted to make a difference the whole time, but I didnt give myself a chance to experience all the variety in college before declaring a major.

I wish I would have known how to study correcty. My high school didnt prepare me for the type of studying college takes. Its a good thing I naturally pick things up quickly. I struggled some; I cant imagine what the people who struggle in high school feel like.

Mount Carmel College of Nursing administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.