Mount Holyoke College Top Questions

Ariel

My favorite thing about the school are my friends. We're all down to earth, outgoing, and not competitive with each other. Furthermore, the size of school size is just right; you know a lot of people, but you don't know everyone. Although South Hadley is not quite a college town, Amherst and Northampton definitely are and they're not that far from MHC and are easily accessible by the PVTA, which is the free public bus. I don't spend much time off campus because I'm rarely bored on MHC's campus. We have a lot of school pride and we're not afraid to show it! I feel very safe and secure and happy here, despite the work-load. What's most unusual about the school is the diversity of its students. We have many international students, racial minorities, and socioeconomic diversity. I feel that members of the different "groups" interact with each other. I feel that at most schools people who are alike generally stick together and are not always willing to move out of their comfort zones, but I may be incorrect. I'm not saying that this doesn't happen at MHC, but I think it may be less common here.

This is a women's college, so you get a lot of "What is that?" and "How do you survive?" Stunningly enough, we survive without many guys on campus (though they do exist and come to classes), and if you're dying you can always go into Amherst, where I have a good group of guy friends. Most adults are impressed I go there though, I think it's mainly people below 30 who don't know about it. I spend most of my time on campus in Blanchard Campus Center working for Student Government Association and eating! I do most of my studying in my dorm with friends, though the library is GORGEOUS. I love the traditions like Mountain Day (classes canceled, climb Mount Holyoke & eat ice cream with the president), and secret traditions between students. You should search traditions on the website. There is a cute little town of South Hadley, but most happenings are in Northampton (30 min away) or Amherst (15 min away), both accessible by PVTA bus.

Mount Holyoke is amazing. The only thing that I would change is SFS (student financial services). They take forever to get back to you with anything - but once they do, to their credit, they do help you as much as they can. The school is very small, which some people can't handle. Coming from a small town though, it's perfect for me. Nobody has ever heard of MoHo. Even though the school is incredible, don't expect people to know where the hell you're talking about. A lot of time is spent in the library or in one's dorm. A good chunk of people go off campus for weekends, but you're really stuck in the South Hadley area. There aren't a lot of parties on campus, but a lot off campus (UMASS mostly). There is a ton of school pride. The girls that go there absolutely love it. If they don't, they transfer. Convocation is amazing - you really get a sense of how much people love living there. Everything is unusual about Mount Holyoke. Nothing is average. Nobody is average.

Maia

Mount Holyoke is a small college in a small town. The college is the oldest women's college in the world, and it is a Seven Sister institution. It is also part of a Five College Consortium, which includes Hampshire College, Smith College, Amherst College, and the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. The College has strong academics and a tight-knit student body. This was my first choice college, and I cannot see myself anywhere else.

Marion

Mount Holyoke has a great International Relations and Politics department, which was very important for me because I knew I wanted to major in International Relations. Other departments we are known for are psychology, neuroscience, education and languages. The administration is very friendly and efficient. Unlike some of my friends who go to other schools and had to wait for ages for things like AP credits or help with their registration problems, the Mount Holyoke Administration works those problems out in a very quick way and always keeps in touch with students. Professors are also easily approachable and very committed to teaching.

Ariel

The school size is just right! South Hadley is not great, but Amherst and Northampton are! I have spent 98{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of my time on campus and I have never been bored. There are always fun things to do and homework and papers to complete. There is a lot of school pride! I feel very safe and secure and happy here, despite the heavy work-load. That is my only complaint! I found great friends really fast and there are hundreds of great women I would like to befriend.

Sasha

MHC is a great school. The academics are great. The campus is BEAUTIFUL. There are enough students that I don't know every single person I see, but whenever I go into the student center I always run into a friend. The library is gorgeous. I fell in love with it when I was a prospective student!. I spend time there in between classes, but most of my time is spent in Pratt music hall or in Kendade sports complex.

Great if you want to focus and really develop your skills/intellect over the next 4 years. But if you are socially close-minded, it may be miserable. You'll likely complain about how gay/liberal the school is, which is not really the case, but if that stuff bothers you, then you'll notice it all the time.

Everyone at Mount Holyoke is accepting and fun. Although it is not in a college town there are definitely enough people to meet and enough to do. UMASS Amherst is right down the road. You can find almost any kind of person at Mount Holyoke.

Mount Holyoke has a beautiful campus with professors that truly care about you and your educational experience. The students are very eco-friendly and open minded. The school has a welcoming feel from the moment you visit.

Barbara

Mount Holyoke has familial quality and a close community feel which makes all her students feel at home, whether speaking with professors, laughing with public safety officers, or just hanging out with friends. It is in a small town, but well connected to the other schools in the five college system by way of the PVTA bus. One of the benefits of the small community within and without the college is that it draws classmates closer. Historically, Mount Holyoke has been known for the strong bonds her students form with each other, regardless of class year. Upon acceptance, the women of Mount Holyoke step into a permanent family of strong women, leaders in both private and public. The fact that two women of differing age, race, ethnicity, or gender-identification have Mount Holyoke in common bridges all of their differences. We are very proud of our school's legacy, one that we know we are becoming a part of.

Maudie

The best thing about MHC is the relaxed atmosphere. Most people are really nice, and if you stay out of certain circles there is relatively little drama.

Mickey

People have no idea if Mount Holyoke is a College, High School, or a Convent; almost no one has heard of this place. The nearest Starbucks is 20 minutes away. The entire campus is haunted. There are several areas in dorm buildings that are permanently sealed off because "mysterious stuff" has happened in them. The school makes too much of an effort to be accepting of everyone. In the fall semester of 2007, there was a seminar on racial stereotypes. The school decided to put people into groups based on their race. They were under the impression that this would make people feel more comfortable about opening up and expressing their opinions about racism. Personally, I don't understand how venting to people just like you is going to help. Bad Call, Mt. Holyoke. Another problem on campus is that many people want the entire campus to be "gender- neutral." Instead of using the word "Freshman" we use the terms "First-Year" or "Firstie" because we are a women's college and theoretically, there should be no men here. However, quite a few students get upset when they are called "women" because they are trans-gender and do not see themselves as women. I find this completely absurd because if someone does not want to be referred to as a woman, than SHE should not go to a women's college. Another problems is women having sex changes after they have been accepted. I find this infuriating as well. How hard is it to wait 4 years to have a sex-change? There is nothing the school can do about it because they are "accepting to everyone" and there is no real way to check if someone has male/female parts or not. Mt Holyoke is so proud about being one of the "Seven Sisters" that is still a women's college. I think the school should just get over itself and let guys in.

Meredith

Mount Holyoke is a typical rich private New England college. Although it tries to paint itself as an equal sisterhood that is incredibly diverse the school falls short in many ways. On top of this many of the girls are just that... girls.

Dale

Mt. Holyoke is a school that is entirely out of date. The all-girls population can be tremendously catty and does not encourage the development of confidence in young women, as advertised. If you are not sure of yourself entering the school, there is not a demanding enough social sphere for you to grow. Mt. Holyoke will prepare you to efficiently handle more work than you ever thought possible, however it will not prepare you for any kind of debate or confrontation because the school stresses tolerance (in other words, "I don't care to consider your opinion if it differs from mine."

Rosie

Mount Holyoke is a vibrant and welcoming place. The school is very focused upon diversity and inclusiveness, and does a wonderful job of making everyone feel embraced and supported. Overall, MHC combines rigorous academics (and no mistake) with a laid back social scene and and amazingly beautiful camp[us.

Mount Holyoke is a really nice school with nice small classes and a very personal environment. However, it is a bit too small which poses problems in finding classes and putting together a schedule. People are generally either proud and impressed when I tell them I go to Mount Holyoke, confused because they have never heard of it, or turned off because they assume I am very socially awkward. The surrounding town of South Hadley is quite boring and small, but if you take the free bus 30 min to either Northampton or Amherst there is a lot going on, and many many college students in this area. I love being in the five colleges and love the ability to take classes at four other institutions. I must say however, that the all women's environment is not as empowering as advertised. It allows students to stay within their comfort zones and often leads to a loss of social skills in interacting with men. The social environment at MHC is terrible, since people are much more focused on studies than human interaction.

Allie

We are a diverse community of different economic, ethnic and social backgrounds. There are students who are very involved in politics and social issues and there are those who really don't give crap. And with all of these different people tensions and arguing do arise. But, at the end of the day, we support each other full heartedly and i would safely say that all students on campus are there to achieve something great--something beyond themselves.

i love that i can go out and party on a weekend and come home to a quiet, sane campus. i also love that i can party with my friends for a weekend in my room and just have some quality girl time with them. it's also great that if you are by chance intoxicated, there is far less of a chance that you will get taken advantage of by a male at a party, so people are a lot more carefree in that respect. i spend most of my time on campus in my room and the library, and in the summer, sitting out and tanning on the green with a bunch of friends. i also go to blanchard dining hall a lot. i think mt holyoke is just the right size, but i was looking for a small school with small classes when i applied to colleges. if you want a huge class/school, this isnt for you. people are generally impressed when i say i go to mount holyoke if they've heard of it, apparently it is considered a superb college among many people. our college town is basically the village commons, across the street, but most people go to northhampton or umass when they want to really get off campus and into the real world. we do have a lot of school pride, and there are a lot of little traditions that we like to uphold every year, which is really unique. i'll always remember jterm, which i am telling every first year student to try at least ONCE in their four years. students generally complain about lack of testosterone and too much work, buuuut they know that if it came down to it they love their girl's school and the work that moho gives us is necessary.

The best thing about Mount Holyoke is the community! The professors are there to help you and help you find your way. Second best- the way they pair your passions be it sports, art, music etc. with Academics, it's not an either or situation, it's an great balanced mix. The town certainly is small, and a bit in the middle of nowhere- but Boston is an hour and a half away, and Amherst and Northampton are great!

Nina

I love Mount Holyoke. It's a small school and easy to get the attention you need. It does kind of suck being in the middle of nowhere, but the bus to Amherst is easy enough, and there are buses that go to Boston and New York City, too. The campus is really pretty, the dorms are nice. I've met some really great friends.

We're a small tight knit school tucked in western Massachusetts. The campus is beautiful year round; weather it's covered in glittery snow or blooming flowers. Funky rain boots are a must for those rainy spring and fall seasons though. Trust me there is nothing like dry feet when you’re trying to cram for that Linear Algebra exam.

Dorothy

The big picture of MHC is that for the most part, the diversity admissions seeks to bring to campus is there, but only if you look for it. For instance, I'm from a Southeastern state, so automatically there are not a lot of people from my area on campus--one of my roommates this past year was from Korea by way of New York. At the end of the year my friends were from California, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New York, with one from the other side of Georgia. My roommate's friends were all Asian-race students from somewhere in New York City. Who do you think had more diversity? There's a lot of talk about race/class/gender stereotypes, homogeneity, and discrimination on campus, and MHC makes it very easy to find someone whose viewpoint is new, fresh, and can teach you something--but only if you open your own mind. It's a two-lane road, and you have to cooperate with the school philosophy in order to benefit. If you "buy into the system", you'll get an enriching experience out of it. If you don't participate, then you're likely to miss out on all the opportunities to broaden your horizons outside the classroom.

I find Mt Holyoke to be a great place to spend my undergraduate years. The campus is small enough where I do not get lost in the crowd. There is always someone around that you know who is willing to help. Overall, there is a lot of school pride. The college is not for everyone. If partying every night is your thing, then MoHo is not for you. There's enough to keep you distracted when you want, but provides the ability to focus.

Arianna

The best thing about Mount Holyoke is the diversity and the fact that so many unique and interesting people can be brought together in one great place. The campus is beautiful and we have a lot of great traditions, such as M&C's, Mountain Day, and other campus events. There always seems to be something going on or something to do. The food is excellent. If you have to do work study, there are a lot of great opportunities. There are a lot of internships and amazing possibilities. I believe the size of the school is just right. It's big enough that you won't have classes with the same people all the time, but small enough so that you can get to know your professors.

Its great if your looking for a small college. Its alot of fun in the spring when everyone is out on teh green but it gets pretty dead in thw winter. There is not much for a college town right near the school, but amherst is a 30 minute bus ride and north hampton is 45 minutes away on the bus. They are nice to go walk around but a lil bit of a trip unless you have a car

I love Mount Holyoke. We aren't really in a college town. South Hadley is kind of boring but the surrounding towns are great and easily accessible. We have the opportunity to take classes at 4 other schools (Smith, Umass, Amherst and Hampshire) an asset I find really great. When I tell people that I go to Mount Holyoke they seem to be impressed especially if they are from an older generation.

I guess the big issue everyone asks about, obviously, is the all girls thing. I really didn't like that aspect going in, I thought if there was any reason I would transfer that would be it, but loved it as soon as I got there. I was a spring admit so I chose to go to another co-ed school for the semester so I would not have to play catch up once I got to MHC. The atmosphere is completely different and not always easy to put a finger on. There are still plenty of dorm parties and what not but really a higher respect for fellow students and school property. People like to blab a lot about the whole Lesbian Until Graduation thing and some even say that straight girls just will not be happy here. But as a {4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}100 straight girl I can attest that that is not the case. I think what causes people to often be unhappy at our school is when they are really dependent on boys to have a good time. If you party off campus every weekend of course the school is going to seem like a boring place, you aren't there enjoying the good stuff, only studying. You have to be willing to embrace the women's college aspect, accept that you may not have a boyfriend, but be ready to make some wonderful girlfriends.

The size of MHC is just about right for me. Lots of people either say "WOAH Mount Holyoke!" and others say, "where's that!?" which makes me sad. The administration seems like its fine. The library is an amazing place to spend time. I can feel completely comfortable and serious and I usually get a ton of work done there unless I bring my laptop1!! You have to know where to find the quiet spots, cause teh info commons are always loud. and during finals its like a middle school cafeteria. The campus is beautiful and I love my school.

Mount Holyoke College is the perfect size. The small class sizes make you feel as if the professor is actually trying to get to know YOU. You don't feel anonymous by any means. An all women's college can be a struggle for some people. For individuals who are very socially interactive, Mount Holyoke College may not be the place. One must work very hard to have a social life.

I love how beautiful the campus is. In the spring time, I just want to be outside all the time. I have my bike here, which is great to have. There is a trail, going around one of the lakes, which I enjoy walking around. I also appreciate the diversity of people on campus. I know people from all different countries. When I went college visiting, I did not see the same diversity as I do here. I also like the small-size school. I feel like people know your name, and you are not "anonymous" like you probably would feel in a larger university.

Well the "biggest" thing about Mt Holyoke is that we're woman's college. But whatever associations people have with that are usually wrong. I didn't particularly want to go to a woman's college, I just liked MHC and it happened to be a woman's college. After three years am I glad it is? YES. Compared to other schools I've been to, the level of respect and awareness for their surroundings and community is so much higher. People don't destroy stuff because we know the housekeepers and we don't want to disrespect them. I feel like many college students have this completely self absorbed mind-set. I feel like mhc can see past its own little world. We value our educations. This isn't just four years living off your parent's money because you don't know what else to do.

Jess

The best thing about Mt. Holyoke is the sense of community. No matter where you go on campus you find either people you know or people who are more than happy to get to know you. For me, the school is the perfect size - I meet new people all the time, but I also see familiar faces everywhere I go. People from the East tend to react very well when they hear that I attend Mt. Holyoke - they know it's a very good school. People in the West usually haven't heard of it, or only in the context of the movie "Dirty Dancing" and the line "Baby's going to Mt. Holyoke in the fall." I spend a lot of my time in my room, my friend's rooms, or studying/watching movies in the academic buildings with friends. The college is pretty much the only part of South Hadley that most students see - when people want to go to a town to go shopping or to eat out they take the free bus to Northampton or Amherst. There is a lot of school pride - I meet alums who live in the area who still walk their dogs on campus, almost every car has an MHC bumper sticker and about every other person you see on campus is probably wearing some clothing item associated with the school, a dorm or a sports team. One experience I'll always remember is being in one of the academic buildings watching movies with friends and we looked outside to see that the first snow of the season was falling and people were streaking across the campus green and building snow sculptures all over campus.

Dani

The professors here are the most caring people you will ever meet. You would never get this at a bigger school. However, people here tend to be very cliquey and stuck-up. If you don't fit into the typical Mount Holyoke type, you may be ostracized. Most time is spent at the campus center, or the library, or your dorm room. There is absolutely no college town, which is perhaps the worst thing about going here. I didn't think it wold be a problem before coming here, but it definitely is. People complain the most, and rightfully so, about the lack of a decent social life on this campus.

Mount Holyoke is a community of strong women who want to make a difference in the world. It is a college that is only well known in New England. Admission is highly selective and it is a pleasure and outstanding opportunity to be accepted here.

Mireille

People don't seem to realize what a great school this is. It was the first women's college in the country, and hopefully will always remain single-sex. In terms of statistics it doesn't seem like it is hard to get into, but not as many women apply to women's colleges as it may seem. It is very cool because our campus is very politically active and socially aware, but sometimes this can cause controversies. There are the people who are trying to kick Coke off our campus, and those who just like the taste of Coke. People are generally respectful so it doesn't create a lot of hostility or anything, but I do think sometimes being "politically correct" is taken to an extreme here. You just have to take it all in stride and make your own decisions. It is a great place to live, eat, and study - you have access to so many resources.

Quinn

The best thing about Mt Holyoke is the faculty, resources and the CAMPUS. Its gorgeous. and I have never met professors bending backwards to help their students. Can't turn a paper in on time? need an extension to be inspired...done. The professors here really make the school what it is. Needless to say, because you get an extension does not mean the school is easy. You get alot of work, I take around 20-22 credits each semester because I love reading, writing and genuinely want to do the work. Thats not just me, thats most of the students here. So why choose Mount Holyoke over an Ivy league or a school ranked 'unfairly' higher, because the school is built so you succeed, you really can't fail unless you try REALLY hard haha. I think the population of the school is just right, could be larger but mostly just right. The sad part is that people don't really know about Mount Holyoke, we have alumni everywhere, Pricilla Painton (Editor and Chief at Simon and Schuster), Susan lori parks (Pulitzer Prize winner), Jeanemarie O'brien (One of the most intelligent corporate lawyers I have worked with; Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz). We also had Anthony Lake as professor here for 10 years before he left to serve as secretary of state under Bill Clinton, and if Obama wins he'll do it all over again. Every few years, like this one, he comes back and teaches a class or two. So when people ask me wheres 'Mt. Holyoke,' I just take it as their ignorance. The biggest controversy on campus recently was the sudden death of a fellow student. it really affected the campus, as students that didn't even know her held a candle in her memory. I do think their is a lot of school pride, students who don't have school pride usually transfer, and if your one of 'those' don't come...and the most frequent complaints is the town of south hadley, unfortunately reffered to as 'sa'hadley' as the saddest town ever. But even that just makes students get off campus to do things...like me, who is filling out this survey in a coffee shop in northampton...oh and yes I would choose mt. holyoke over smith--the admins there are just mean.

The only thing I would change about Mount Holyoke is its location. Don't get me wrong, the pioneer valley is quite nice. I just wish I was closer to home. And South Hadley is a bit of a bore. I'm glad we're not in a big city, but it would be nice if there was a little more going on in South Hadley. Luckily, Northhampton and Amherst are just a short bus ride away, and the students here go there frequently. I go to Amherst almost every weekend. Northhampton has some really neat shops. I think Mount Holyoke is just right in terms of size. Personally, I only applied to schools with under 3,000 students because I really wanted the environment of a small school. I am so happy I did. Sometimes I visit UMass, and I can't imagine being at a school that size. I love that I see familiar faces everywhere I go. I love that my professors can actually get to know me and I'm not just one of the hundred students in their class. Another thing I love about Mount Holyoke is the way we handle controversies. Recently there was some tension between students over the recent protests in Tibet. It never got ugly. There was a forum held on campus so that everyone could express their opinion and discuss the issue. People here are very intelligent and opinionated. We will always express our opinions, but we don't do it at the expense of people with differing opinions. Instead we invite them to express their opinions too so that we can enter a healthy debate. I wouldn't describe us as having a lot of school pride so much as having a lot of school love. We refer to ourselves as "mohos" and over Christmas and January break a lot of people were saying on their facebooks that they couldn't wait to get back to "mohome." We have a lot of great traditions here. Every Sunday-Thursday night at 9:30 we have M&Cs. That stands for milk and cookies. We don't actually have cookies every night though. Sometimes it's something healthier like graham crackers, but we also get brownies frequently. My favorite tradition is elfing. Every year the sophomores are assigned a first year. That sophomore will then leave little gifts outside the first years room every night for a week. Then, at the end of the week the elves reveal themselves, and the first years get to meet their sophomore gift-givers.

Ruth

Mount Holyoke definitely has a lot of school pride, on and off campus. But other then alums and a few people, no one has heard of the school. It is really annoying to me. South Hadley isn't really a "college town". The Village Common is the closest we get to that. It is really hard not having a town around the school, especially growning up in a "college town" (Ann Arbor). I really love the MHC "bubble" we live in. I like feeling safe, secure, and free to say whatever the hell I like. However, sometimes I wish there was less of a "bubble", so we could have more of the 'real world' in play.

It's so beautiful! The library is gorgeous! The size is just right for me. People always think I am a lesbian when I tell them I go to Mount Holyoke, but they are just silly. I spend most of my time at the gym and hanging out in my dorm. It is not a college town, but Amherst and Northampton are nearby and you can take a free bus to get there. It is not too hard. The administration has always been very helpful. There is controversy between the haves and the have nots but I think that can happen at most small liberal arts colleges. There is a lot of school pride, especially when it comes to competing with Smith. I will always remember my team! They're amazing!! And my amazing professors like Kavita Khory and Chris Rivers.

People have either never heard of Mt. Holyoke, or they know that it is the first women's institution of higher learning. I actually wanted to come to a women's college for various reasons. The size is perfect, the school is beautiful, and the weather is a nightmare for someone from the central valley of CA. There are more classes that I would love to take than I could possibly have time for.

It's a very small community and sometimes that can feel isolating. If you make the effort to go out a lot, not just to MHC parties but to the other colleges in the consortium, it's really worth it to be here.

Mount Holyoke is a wonderful place to go to school. There is almost too much going on- between events on campus and at the other four colleges in the area (that compose the 5 College consortium). Students from these 5 schools can go to events, lectures or parties at the other colleges. It's really a great resource: in the past 2 weeks I've been to a reading by Marjane Satrapi, the Iranian writer and artist, M.I.A. and Feist concerts.

As a student on the Mount Holyoke campus the thing I love most is the atmosphere. It is really empowering to know that I am surrounded by 2,000 strong, independent, and incredibly intelligent women. With about 2,200 students Mount Holyoke is just the right size.

KJ

smart girls

it's perfect for me. I dont know everyone on campus, but at the same time, i know everyone in my major department. our campus is gorgeous, the food is more than serviceable. we lucked out. Sure the workload is huge, and the parties are far and few, but being here feels like home, it fits.

size: just right reactions to MHC: oh where thats, or oh thats a really good school, or how to you survive at a women's college where do i spend time on campus: library when i'm doing work, hanging out in friends rooms controversy on campus: cultural orgs. and not doing enough except for one month throughout the year unusual about MHC: 5 colleges, so many things to do one experience: vegas night, dis-orientation, elfing complaints: living in a bubble

Quinn

Best thing: our food and dorms I'd change: the stereotype that the students are gay School Size: small but I like the size Reaction to my school: "isn't that all- girls?" "do you see any men?" Most time on campus: my room or in class Town: nothing to do in South Hadley, but Amherst and North Hampton are close and are lots of fun Administration: don't have any opinion about them, don't know them Recent controversy: sex column in school newspaper/ transgender students School Pride: most people are proud to attend our school, but athletics are supported only by the athletes and the athletic department, and we don't have much of a rivalry with any other school to make us proud

The best thing about Mt. Holyoke: the financial aid. The one thing I'd change: the tuition rising The school is:just right for me. Bigger than our neighbors at Hampshire and Smith, smaller than Amherst and UMass People are usually impressed if they've heard of my college, but if they don't than they just ask. I spend most of my time, on my computer, in the library, in my room, or in an academic building. South Hadley is a small town and if by college town you mean that the town wouldn't be much without the college than that is true. The more interesting college towns are free bus rides away though... such as Amherst and Northampton. Our Administration is fine. We have a pretty good-sized endowment so I feel like our college is constantly trying to improve itself. Most recent controversy on campus is 1) transgendered persons--should they go to women's colleges. (Currently Mt. Holyoke allows in women biologically born women).2)the holyokeconfessional, a virtual space for students to write anonymously about whatever they want on a message board open to anyone of the Mt. Holyoke online network. I think there is a lot of school pride. There's a lot of women college pride in general. Mt. Holyoke is unusual because it was the first women's college founded in the U.S. and it was also founded by a woman. I will always remember...M&C's (milk and cookies at 9:30p) my first year with all my friends laughing hysterically about recounting other fun memories and staying up late studying with them. Frequent student complaints:cost of tuition rising.

meg

In my opinion, Mount Holyoke is pretty awesome. It's a place where I feel totally comfortable to be myself, even if that means strolling into a dance in my pajamas on a friday night.