Mount Ida College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mount Ida College

Claudia

Mount Ida College is a small, tight-knit community. I love how the professors are very involved when it comes to academic work, it also benefits students that many of the faculty are adjunct. Ida is right next to Boston which gives students access to fun events in the city on week days and weekends. The students here are very passionate about what they study, I am happy to call myself a mustang for life.

Jelani

This school favors the Vet techs, business, dental, and sports management majors. Everything else is almost irrelevant. There is not much to do on campus, we can't throw parties, and we rarely have events. If we do have events, they're poorly advertised and the turnout is normally 10-15 people. If even that. Campus police are called for even the slightest of reasons and tend to have bad attitudes. Health services is all the ay across campus, closes at 4, runs by appointment, and is not open on weekends. This means when students need care the most (at nights and weekends) they have to wait untill the next morning or school day.

Christina

I love the program that I am in. Because we are a smaller school, we may not have as many social opportunities as other schools and the policies are strict but we have a lot of career related opportunities.

Pamela

I love this school. It is the perfect school for those that don't want to be a part of a large school. Mount Ida is small and a tight-knit community. Since it is such a small school classes are small so students are able to have that one on one that we were used to in previous school years. I love this school, it was the perfect match for me.

Jayme

I was a student for year for Vet tech major, And want to continue but the price of it, I cant afford to continue. It too expensive to continue. But other than that I am now a visitor, and I love the school it very homey for me and i miss it very much.

jenessa

Mount Ida College is a small tight knit community campus where everyone knows everyone.

Savananh

Mount Ida College had a Phenomenal photography program. I had fallen in love with the school and everyone in the community. However, it is being shut down. My amazing education is being ripped from my hands and I'm being forced to attend a school that's far below my standards.

Gianna

Do not go to this college. There are no activities on campus. The food is terrible and students have tried for years to change the food and nobody listens. The RD’s will write you up for anything and they do not care. They only care about getting paid. Your tuition money will be used on stupid stuff, for example a guy coming to do an ice sculpture in front of one of our Residential buildings. The master program here only applies to Vet Techs, it will not be useful to any other major. The buses here only go to two places and don’t care if they are late. They do not care about how the teachers treat the students. All this college wants is your money. Do Not Go Here!

Kellie

I love the school, especially the small size. I feel that the small size allows for a better sense of unity. The school is in Newton Center, rural but not too far from Boston. The food on campus is the worst thing ever, but there are plenty of places off campus for food. Overall the school is really nice and I would recommend it based solely on the academics and personal interaction that is available with the professors.