Cincinnati, OH
Mount Saint Joseph University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Saint Joseph University

Briana

What I have gotten out of my college experience is a very good question. To write about it I need to tell you where I grew up. In my hometown of Oberlin, I come from a very diverse community. We have a school system that may have a couple hundred students just in the high school with a graduating class of 80 - 90 students per year. I start with that to say this, I have gotten out of my college experience is independence from my parents, don't get me wrong I call them everyday for advice and what not, I still need them very much. I want and do feel safe here even though Cincinnati is a very big city compared to Oberlin. I've met and developed some really great friendships and I grow everyday with all the responsibilities I have, like my loads of homework and making sure I get my papers in on time, doing laundry and budgeting my expenses. I really thought I would get more financial aid and I'm really trying to do my best in college. It is a challenge but I up for it. Regards, Briana S. Reynolds

About financial aid and the lack of funds here.

Cathy

The one thing that stands out about the College of Mount Saint Joseph is it's size. The campus is much smaller than many others out there. This gives it a very comfortable feel. Along with this comfortable feel, you have a very intimate feel for campus life. The collegiate atmosphere is more of a family culture where you make wonderful friends, even with those that are not in your degree program. If you enjoy creating long lasting family type relationships in a smaller campus environment, this is the school. Educators and other students are there for you.

I was raised as an only child by a father, an only child, who was forced to quit school in the eighth grade to care for his mother when his father passed away. Although my father was not able to complete his education, he certainly instilled that education was important. My education took me from a world where we hunted for animals on our farm, not for sport, but to put food on the table. Our family was very poor and resources seemed very thin. My time in the Army opened my eyes to funding for my education. My education has given me the opportunity to travel to places I had only dreamed of. Even more than that, I have been able to explain to my children, first hand, what the value of an education is. Instead of living in a home with plastic over the windows, I now am able to see out, not only see out the windows, but see out of the poverty, worry, financial struggles, the misery of hunger and wants that once haunted me. Education has been my savior, and something only I could do for myself.

My school was intimate and small. Almost everyone knew each other and were bonded by a sense of unity to each other in assisting each other through their degree program. We began as a unit and wanted to complete as a unit. The best part of the College of Mount Saint Joseph was the fellowship with classmates. No matter background you came from, we were College of Mount Saint Joseph degree seekers. That goal of getting through the degree program even extended to the educators. They were there to assist all of us and did so without reservation.

I would tell myself that there's no need to rush things and figure out what you're going to do with your life. You have plenty of time before you have to decide on a major. Use that time wisely to explore different subjects and find something that you enjoy. Also always put school first! Your degree is very important and will be useful your whole life but your friends will come and go.

The colors. They're michigan colors and since I'm an Ohio State fan, it just doesn't set well with me. =)

I brag that my school is very small and personal. My class sizes are also very small making it a more hands on and personable environment. With the small campus, it only takes a couple minutes to get to class.

Rachael

The College of Mount St. Joseph is a small school of about 2,500 students with the needs of the students as their main concerns.

I would tell myself to not be so worried. In high school I was worried about funding my education. Now as a college freshman I realize people are willing to help you out and financial aid will come. Some way some how one will find the money to pay for college. I would tell myself to not get discouraged or overwhelmed with schooling but to simply put forth my best effort and know that it was the best I could do. I would also make sure to tell myself enjoy high school and not to wish it away. Instead to make the best of it, have fun, be yourself, and never let anyone bring you down for doing so.

I would consider the location of the school the worst thing. This is because I feel that we are land locked where we are. We do not have space to add on. We find ourselves going off campus to participate in athletics simply because we do not have the land to build large enough sport complexes for our needs. I feel our school could achieve higher standards if we weren't located where we are.

Lori

I would tell myself not to rush into anything. I would start with basic courses to obtain credit hours until I know what I wanted to major in. Because I was rushed into College before I was ready, I chose a career that was not fitting for me and has come to an end in this economy. Now I'm starting all over with a new degree at a very old age and this time I know what I want to be when I grow up.

Anyone that wants good, quality education. Art and Education is great here.

There is actually nothing that is extremely frustrating. The only thing that bothers me is lack of parking near different buildings.

Marie

My classmates are very nice and willing to help me with anything I need help with.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as senior in high school, I would have a lot to tell myself about college. I would first tell myself to ask a lot of questions. If you do not ask questions in life, then how are you ever going to find the answer? Always ask questions. Also, I would encourage myself to get involved on campus, getting involved is how you make friends, college life, living on campus just would not be very much fun if I did not have any friends. Lastly, I would strongly encourage myself not to procrastinate. There are deadlines in college, however, it does not hurt to ask for an extension. The worst a teacher can say is, "No." Procrastination does not help at all when you start applying for jobs, they want to see what you can do to the best of your ability in the allotted time. In conclusion, asking questions, getting involved, and not procrastinating are probably the three most important things I would tell myself as a senior applying for college.

If you're not going to be focused on school work or looking for a big university, then The College of Mount St. Joseph is not for you.

Elianna

The College of Mount St. Joseph is best known for its excellent Nursing Program. They graduate their nursing students with top grades and in the top percentile of nursing students.

If I could go back a year and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are a number of things I would tell myself. Make sure to get your priorities straight early, don't put things off until the last minute. I would tell myself to not stress out so much, that there's nothing to be scared of, nothing to fear about going into college. The transition between high school and college might be a little overwhelming, because of the difference between being homeschooled and starting college, but just remember to stay focused on your goals; don't let anyone tell you differently, and more importantly, be confident in who you are. Don't be afraid to speak up, don't be afraid to stand out, be proud of who you are and how far you have come. Remember to find time for your friends and family; the worst thing you can do is get so caught up in your own life, that you miss out on everything going on around you. Lastly, know that you are a strong individual, and you can do whatever you set out to do.

Somebody who shouldn't attend the College of Mount St. Jospeh is one who is not dedicated to their education and futur career. If they lack the motivation to follow through and earn their college diploma, then they would be wasting both their's and the schools time and energy.

Valissa

One thing I would advise my high school self is to be more organized. As a high school senior, I always took on more projects than I could complete and never really took into consideration the commitment I was making to the person or task. However, going to college is all about personal commitment. There is no hand holding. In order to acheive the desired grade or successful end to a project, you have to commit to it and organize your time to get it completed. There is a real sense of self accountability. Another bit of advice to myself would be to create a study group or support team. The extensive work load plus exam week can be brutal to take on by any first time college student. The stress level is so intensely multiplied during the first year that having a group to exchange notes with, study with and/or share your frustrations with is just as vital as organization. I could not have maintained my level of academics without having a group of my peers to share the sometimes strain of college life.

I wish I had known just how hard it was going to be, being a non-traditional student, transitioning back from the workforce to academics. Trying to switch careers requires a lot of time management skills and setting attainable goals. And if you work and attend school like I do, you'll find that a daily schedule or to do list is a must; things simply would not be completed otherwise.

One who is not a self motivator. If you are the kind of person that need a lot of one on one instruction, then this would not be the ideal school for you. Even though the class sizes are rather small, teaching is done from a hands on prospective. Instructors are available for help and demonstration, but they really want students to try a new project out first to get a feel for things. One thing is for sure you do learn the task at hand.

Ben

The Mount is known for being a Catholic school with great academics.

The Mount is known for being a Catholic school with great academics.

I would tell myself to enroll in college right out of high school. I would tell myself how hard it is to get a good job is without having a college degree. I would tell myself that the job I have in high school will not amount to anything unless I have a college degree. Finally I would tell myself that going back to college after having three kids is more challenging and less fun than if I would go to college directly after high school.

The Mount has a great mix of students that have a drive to be their best.

Jayne

Remember to work hard, it's not as easy as high school. Study for every test, even if you think its going to be easy. Surround yourself with positive influences. Have fun...but not too much. Form a study group with people in your class and set up a day to meet once a week, even when you dont have a test. You're going to be busy and wont be able to do all of the reading for all of your classes; at least skim the chapter or read the end of chapter review. You're going to be learning some new stuff and its better to at least heard of it before. Enjoy the next 4 years, they are going to be the best of your life.

A person who will be dedicated and will work hard to accomplish their goals.

Mount Saint Joseph University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.