Cincinnati, OH
Mount Saint Joseph University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Saint Joseph University

A private school with a at home feeling.

A private school with a at home feeling.

Believe in yourself. Believe in what you do. Believe in others. These three statements will carry me though my life, being able to give me the resources and abilities to overcome any obstacle in my life. Everything I will need can be applied and solved throughout these three very powerful statements.

Andrew

The College of Mount St. Joseph is an institution where students come to prepare for their careers and discover who they are as adults in the process; the chance to grow as an indivdual is unavoidable here.

In advising people about finding the right college to attend and making the most of their experience, I would urge students to look for colleges which will allow them to be themselves while at the same time giving them the opportunity to grow with their fellow students and teachers. It is important to find a school which offers extracurriculars which interest you as well as an off-campus setting which will keep you busy during downtime from academic work. I feel that the most important thing when deciding on which college to attend is finding the college which allows you to grow both academically and as a contriobuting member of society; find a school which gives you the chance to make a name for yourself and distiguish yourself from the rest of your class through coursework, athletics, and community service.

The best thing about this college is the small class setting. The smaller setting of this school allows for all the resources of a big school with the opportuntity to become a big fish in a small pond and excel above your peers. The small setting allows for a more close knit group of students and an overall more enjoyable college experience.

Heather

Save as much as you can for college. By not having to worry about how to pay for college and by not having to work to pay your way through college you can spend more time concentrating on your education. It is also important to remember that you need to explore each colege that interets you. The college that you want to attend may not offer the education that you want. It is also important to explore their rules and regulations. Knowing as much as you can about a school will greatly help you decide where you would like to attend college.

How much it cost. I am spending a small fortune to pay for my education.

Debbie

Small class sizes. Personal attention from faculty. Good environment

Small class sizes. Personal attention from faculty. Good environment

Make sure it is a college that is right for you; financially and personally.

division 3 athletics. Relatively expensive

The first thing I would do is figure out if you want to attend a big or small college and then make sure that you do go on campus visits; they are the best way for you to figure out if that college/university is right for you. Another area you need to research is what school is best known for the major or career field you want to pursue. I was interested in athletic training and the advisor at my school is known throughout the field of athletic training so I felt that this would be a good match. One other thing that I looked at was if the college community is "close-knit" and everyone is there for each other. To make the most of your college experience, I would say you need to become friends with people with the same major and get involved in extra-curricular activities (clubs, volunteering, intramurals, etc). By making these friends, college will be a lot easier to get through.

Someone who is looking for a big school atmosphere and big classes.

I would brag that everyone here is very friendly and it doesnt matter if you know the professor or the student but you can still say hi in the hallway. Also it is almost never boring here at the school , there is always something to do either on or off campus.

Dan

As a very involved member of my all of my schools, I find it essential to find the school with the most social and respectable student community that is right for you or your child. Sure, the purpose of college is to learn, but who doesn't want to have fun doing it!? I am not referring to parties either, I am referring to the programs and involvement that others in the college run and attend. I find these organised events much more entertaining than those of parties. One doesn't need alcohol to have fun, just friends.

The smaller size is just right to be friends with everyone.

David

Choose a college that has all the things you want. Such as having a small class room, big campus, things around the campus, sports, school spirit, etc. Try to find a college where you can succeed also. Don't choose a college that you know your just gonna goof off with friends and party all the time. For me, choosing the College of Mount St. Joseph was an easy choice. I could play football for a school that is usually ranked in the top 25. It was also far enough away to live on my own, and has a great atmosphere that will help me suceed in my academics. All of these things have to go into consideration when choosing a college. But choosing a college doesn't mean anything if you don't make the most of it. Ways I tried to get involved is doing some intrumural sports and go to some on campus events. You need to study hard all the time but you also need to get out and enjoy all the other things college has to offer. So once you find a college, make the most of it.

The worst thing about the college is the tuition. It cost way too much to go there. Like 98% of students recieve financial aid.

The only people that shouldn't attend this school are people that dont work hard in their academics. It cost too much to go there and not do your best.

Amber

The right college is the college that you will feel most comfortable in. This college is the one that suits all your needs. It is important to research into your major and find the university that best reflects it. It is also important to find out about extra curricular things on and around campus. Your going to want to be involved no matter where you go and it's good to know what they have to offer so you can be prepared. At the end of every school day, if you can honestly say that you've grown from your day's experience and found happiness doing it that is when you know you are right where you belong. Don't shy away from schools because of their cost or for any stereotypical quality about it. If you want to be a part of that college then make it happen! There will always be ways to get around costs and most of the time what people think they know about a school isn't always right. Go find out for yourself and make yourself proud by taking a stand to do so.

The best part about my school is the involvement with my professors. I have an outstanding advisor and teacher for my major and that is an understatement! I like having someone always behind me pushing me to the max. My advisor does not believe in being a quitter or even settling for less. It's so great to have such a person in my life, she is truly an inspiration. I am stronger through her advising and I learn more then I expect to in every one of her classes. She never stops amazing me.

The worst thing about my school is the cost. I love attending the College of Mount Saint Joseph and take pride in being a student there. The only problem I face is paying for it. I am lucky to have my parents support in my findings for school but the three of us combined still appreciate the help. I look forward to the day that I can finally have everything paid off, but that is going to be in quite some time.

Rebecca

It's a small private Catholic college that has a friendly atmosphere.

It's a small private Catholic college that has a friendly atmosphere.

Even if you visit all the colleges all over the country, I think you won't know what college is best for you until you attend that college. I also recommend considering what really is most important to you, like friends, family, or religion.

The best thing about my school is it's location. It's convient to attend in Cincinnati.

My school is academically motivated for succession of its students and will do anything to get a person ready for the working world whether it be by offering tutoring, student -to-teacher help, study groups, or encouraging advising.

I would advise that a parent and the student go out and take time to look at potential colleges. When researching schools to attend, keep in mind your personal priorities you want to see in a school. If you want a small school, don't go looking at large universities. When choosing a school, keep your interests in mind. If you want to major in nursing, then you need to find a school that has an excellent nursing program. Money always seems to be an issue when choosing a school, but a word of advice that most private schools do not offer sports scholarships, but they might offer more fiancial aid. Lastly, find a school where you can envision yourself succeeding, because the environment of a school could distract a person from the work that needs to be done to accomplish college goals.

The classes are the right size becasue they are small and a person gets that one one experience with the teacher. All the faculty help a person gets when they need help. Our school is very supportive of your goals and they want you to succeed. Everyone at the school has great school spirit and everyone gets along.

Mount Saint Joseph University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.