Mount Saint Joseph University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mount Saint Joseph University

Cheyenne

I have enjoyed my experience at Mount St. Joseph overall. I graduate in 2018 and I am seriously quite upset to be leaving. The faculty, staff, and students are wonderful and the resources offered on campus are more than utilized by every student that attends.

Toria

I love Mount St. Joseph the community that we have has a college/university is awesome. Choosing to attend Mount St. Joseph is one of my best decisions because I am getting an amazing experience. I have been able to get involved in our community multiple times and our faculty/staff are amazing. Our faculty and staff helps the students in any way possible, they help us get involve and push us to our greatness. I remember my first campus visit to the Mount and I felt like I was safe and it most importantly I felt like I was at home. The Mount is my home and we are a family that contributes to our community in any way that we can.

kailey

Its a very good school but alittle pricey, but that is due to the school being a private school. The food is pretty good and the sports are well rounded. One thing that does need to be changed is the times for the dinning hall to be open. they are not very sports friendly. i remember times i couldn't get dinner cause i didn't get out of practice till 6-6:30 and the dinning hall closed at 7

I have adored my experience so far at Mount St. Joseph University (formerly, College of Mount St. Joseph)! I am studying English and have loved every moment of it, for the Mount is greatly dedicated to the arts, especially supporting the arts all throughout Cincinnati. My English professors truly care about the beauty of literature and genuinely want every student to succeed. The small class sizes give every student an opportunity to share their views and allow relationships between peers and professors to be created. The professors always ensure to make themselves available either to discuss academics or just to have a friendly conversation. The Mount provides all the tools for every student to succeed, ranging from a writing center to assist with papers, to programs like the Talent Opportunity Program (TOP) that develops individualistic professionalism. It's an intimate, welcoming campus that challenges you academically and becomes a home, making that diploma all the more hard-earned and sweeter.

I am now a two year graduate from this college and I must say that attending here to earn my degree was the best decision I've ever made. Even though I am no longer a student, I still stay in contact with my professors and still participate in their advisory boards and activities in the education department. The academic success is what lures students to this college, but it is the love and compassion of everyone there that will make you succeed and stay!

Mount St. Joseph is a great school. The campus is beautiful, and is very home-like. Everyone is friendly, and the professors are always accessible. The best thing about the campus is how small the classroom sizes are, and how interactive the professors are with the students.

William

Mount Saint Joseph University is a highly welcoming campus that works to involve every student in collective intellectualism and cultivation as well as to aid in his or her academic success and life goals. Further, Mount Saint Joseph and all the academia therein more than sufficiently equips every student who attends the university with sensitivity, culture, spirituality, and scholastic growth through respect and cordial bonds between the staff and students.

Morgan

The best part of the Mount is the academics, hands down. Every professor I've had is accessible and wants you to succeed. Class sizes are small and conversation is open and thought provoking. In addition, the students at the Mount are truly a family, and it is easy to make friends in and out of class. However, if you're looking for a party atmosphere or a huge on campus lifestyle, Mount St. Joseph University isn't going to be the best choice, as the University is pretty empty on the weekends and there isn't a ton of things to do—especially if you don't have a car. Overall, I love the Mount, and I don't regret choosing to come here, but if you're looking for the "typical college experience" packed with partying and tailgating, it might be difficult to find here (but not impossible!).

The Mount is my home away from home, I always feel like I have a place I belong when I'm here and I couldn't be more pleased with my first college than I am right now. It can be a little stressful because of the cost but the education you'll receive here and the experiences you'll have are priceless.

Shelby

Walking into this school on my campus visit was something I never imagined myself doing. I didn't see myself going to a private school of any sort, but in all honesty, it was one of the best decisions I have made. I love this school with everything in me, and there are great opportunities everywhere you look. Mount St. Joseph is a school that not many know about, but it is one that is known for its great academics. I believe the best part about attending MSJ is the idea that class sizes are small, professors are very easily accessible and helpful, and everyone is friendly. MSJ welcomes every student with open arms, and coming from a hometown that was big, and moving to a small school allowed me to focus on what I need to get done more. The best advice I can offer is to get involved; no matter what it is, and whether you're someone who is outgoing or someone who is anti-social, the best way you can make your school feel like home to you, is to involve yourself in the campus community in some way or form. Go Lions!

LaGena

The class sizes are great. There is not much diversity and the tuition is way too high. Financial aid office will not work with students or allow payment plans. This prohibits students from completing their degrees in a timely manner. This discourages progress.