Newburgh, NY
Mount Saint Mary College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Saint Mary College

Elisa

To make sure that you're serious about your major and make sure you're sure about your online school. Join more clubs.

It's small and i have a good group of friends. I idealy wanted a small school. It's a perfect size. There's a lot of people who share my interests or are in my class that became friends with.

It's dead on weekends. Besides sports, there isn't much to do besides see sports and hang out in your room. There are somethings like every other weekend with the SGA. I wish there was more to do though.

Nikolette

During my senior year of high school I chose to follow my heart and move to Palo Alto, California to be closer to my boyfriend at that time. If I could go back in time and give myself advice I feel I would be in a much better situation. It is very hard to listen to my friends talk about their freshmen year of college. Living in the dorm room, experiencing new people and attending college classes. I have lived with the regret of giving up what should have been some of the best memories of my life for a boy. If I could only tell myslef, "Your education is something that you can have with you forever. Your knowledge is one of your most prized pocessions that seperates you from others. Do not follow a boy, boys can wait. You are young and need to experience life to its fullest!" Now I attend community college in Arizona and I love my campus and teachers. Slowly I am making up for missing my freshman year. I hope to have enough money to transfer to a university to have an even better college experience!

Jacquelyn

Mount Saint Mary College is placed in an underfunded, crime ridden, historical city, has a beautiful view from campus, is inhabited by a less than intellectual student body, and has a few phenomenal professors and faculty members that make up for the unimpressive others.

College is important. Take it seriously! Keep in mine that your undergraduate is just the beginning. Once you graduate, school is not over. You have to move on to graduate school. So do your best in all of your coursework and work really hard because once you are ready for the job market, your work and your grades are definitely going to pay off. Also, form close relationships with your professors and other faculty members because they can really influence you and they have a lot of knowledge to share. They can also help you prepare yourself for the job market and give you other opportunities to enhance your resume. Just don't fool around. Don't worry about partying and friends, because there is a time and place for all of that. Keep your own best interests at heart always and be logical.

Katie

This school is able to offer small class sizes in order to give individual students the attention that they need.

If I were able to go back and time and give advice to myself, I would tell myself to fear nothing. This school has given me the knowledge and ability to excel. Coming in as a freshman I feared that I wouldnt be able to get myself to class on time and get good grades. There is no advice I can give except to fear nothing, everything will fall into place on its own and you will make the adjustment over time. The college gave me the confidence to grow into who I am today and I will be proud come next May to say that I am a graduate of MSMC.

The gorgeous view of the hudson river and the spacious dorm rooms. Also, the Newburgh waterfront is a huge attraction when talking to friends about the school .

My school has a home-like atmosphere that helps me develop into a better person.

My classmates are very supportive and dedicated. They are also very knowledgable.

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself, I would tell myself to study a little bit more as well as being more dedicated to my daily reading assignments. I also would mention that as a student, you are in college to get an education and become successful in all aspects. Additionally, I would mention that college is an opportunity to experience and learn about life. It is a time to have an open mind and respect others who are around you. Therefore, do not be afraid to explore and ask questions, because unanswered questions are usually the ones that you end up finding the answers to the hard way.

Dana

Being 25, I feel quite silly going back to school full time. However, I feel like I am finally ready to learn what is needed in order to become a lawyer. I don't start classes for another couple weeks but I can tell you I am so excited yet a bit nervous. I have been to the campus a few times and I feel like I can do anything I want. I hope that once classes begin that feeling doesn't change.

Amber

Some classmates stuck to small groups and only talked amongst themselves, while others were very nice and helpful.

When I began college in 2004 I attended the University of Montana in Missoula, Montana. I lived in the dorms and met friends that I still keep in contact with seven years later. I enjoyed everyone on campus, as well as classes and professors. Almost everyone was friendly and helpful. People were concerned about their health and the outdoor activities were numerous and promoted by the University . The food was amazing and the rec center was as well. For the last year and a half of school I attended Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, New York and that is where my degree is from. It was much smaller, cliquey, and people working at the school did not really seem to care about me. Ideas seemed to be more conformed. Let's not forget how expensive! The health facilities were not very good, nor was the rec center and food was awful. The positive thing were a few amazing teachers. From my different experiences I would advocate a state school for anyone entering a college at this time. I would have saved money and continued to have an amazing experience if I would have stayed at a state school.

The best thing about Mount Saint Mary College were the professors. Most professors seemed to care about not only my academics but about me as a person.

Sandra

Mount Saint Mary College has been preparing me to be the best I can be. Education and researching with all of the endless possibilities as a Nurse, it can be achieved, it can be done. Upon graduation I plan as my goal to work in my community and continue with Higher Education to pursue a Nurse Practitioners degree. This is very exciting and motivating to me to achieve and pursue these long term goals. An even longer future goal is to own my practice or to partner with medical professionals with same community goals in mind. This college experience has taught me that education is everything, that a good career is everything. Preparation into the real world is everything, it is my goal and MSMC has taught me this. Preparation to success of a career and goal is what we all should have as a US citizen. The college experience has been very valuable to my new future, of which I aspire to help and to give back to my community. I wish to continue higher education. To continue with aspirations and achieve a Nurse Practitioners degree with hopes to give back to my community even greater.

The worst thing I considered about my college experience thus far is their Nursing Program. When I went in for the interview and initial acceptance, the counselors made it seem that it was very competitive and the limited seats situation. However, to find out that was not the case at all That was mearly the sales tactics utilized to get me in. Also, their Nursing program seemed to many as if it was the first time the college was constructing and marketing the Nursing program.

This college is a great college for those who are looking to achieve a carreer goal in mind. It is a 4 year college, therefore you will obtain a Bachelors degree. There are many quiet areas for studying and yet many activities, created by students, for those who wish for some real college life experience.

Alaina

A small private school with excellent academics and small classes.

A small private school with excellent academics and small classes.

My school is best known for its small class size, and being a private catholic school.

There're many things I would tell a senior in high school. One thing is to apply for as many scholarships as you can. They become very important in your years in college. From your books, to tuition, to any other expense imaginable; college isnt free. The scholarships are though, so they must make sure they full them out. You may think you will be getting a lot in financial aid but were in a recession. Don't make the same mistake I did; save up your money, and do lots of scholarships. Lastly, the thing im going to talk about is the transition into college; aka a scary process. Your moving out of your comfort zone, to the real world. The thing I would tell high school students is that every freshman you are meeting, and every freshman in the world is going through the same process. They're all as scared as you are, so just say Hi to each and everyone one of them. You will make some good friends this way.

jennifer

It won't be a big deal going from Kingston High school to SUNY Ulster, but the transition from Ulster to Mount Saint Mary will be bigger than you think. You will absolutely hate it at first, and feel overwhelmed. The work isn't bad, but no one will talk to you and you'll feel very lonely. Don't sweat it though, because after a few weeks, everything is normal and comfortable. You will do very well and start meeting new people. Don't be so hard on yourself. People know eachother because they live together and have been attending here for two years prior. Just be yourself and friendships will follow suit.

Someone who wants to meet a ton of people, like in a huge school.

Mount Saint Mary College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.