Newburgh, NY
Mount Saint Mary College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Saint Mary College

Lorinda

The college must have diversity and an ethnic status that will include all students, young and old.

Late night hours and that the college is an 1.1/2 hoursa from my home.

How great the professors are and that my grade point average is 3.5. I only wish that they were more generous with grants.

Marisa

My classmates are very friendly, they know they have to do good academically but they go out partying too.

I would definately tell parents and students to go visit as many colleges as they can. I went on lots of road trips with my mom to visit colleges, even though I ended up going only about 25 minutse from my house. I would definately reccomend living on campus your first year that way you can be involved in orientation. Every freshman is in the same boat, they are looking to make friends and have the best college experience that they can and in order to do that I really think nyou need to live on cmpus your first year. And one last thing I would reccomend is not to dorm with your high school friend, even if they are your best friend. You need to branch out and make new friends, im not saying that you should dump your old friends, but its important to make new friends, especially ones that have the same major as you, that you will be able to connect with them throughout your years at college.

I wish I had know how much students drink. I need my sleep and as a fresman living in a dorm I did not get much sleep on Thursday nights because Thursdays were the night to go out and it was very noisey.

It's a smaller private college. It's hosts a friendly campus and easy access to the buildings. Security here is also very friendly and know most students by name, not because they have caused trouble but becuase security genuinely cares about the students. The faculty here are also very friendly and many professors carry out casual friendships with current as well as former students. Being located in Newburgh brings with it the stimulus of crime and danger, but the campus is very secure and safe for students.

For students: Make the most of everything offered at your school. Go to the programs and branch out, this way you make more friends. Talk to the faculty whenever you get a chance, this way when you need help it's easier for you to approach them. Don't forget to have fun amongst all your studies. For parents: Make the most of campus visits. Get any questions about the campus that you may have answered. Talk with your child about his/her goals to try and keep them on track. As much as you are going to want them to come home, have them stay on campus for the first month. This will help them get adjusted to the campus as well as to living on their own. This will also encourage them to make friends and attend campus activities.

The worst thing, that's harder to answer. I guess it would have to be that nursing is one of the hardest majors offered at this school, placing a lot of stress on nursing students.

Giuliana

Very racially divided with many ethnic biases.

I think it is important that the student makes connection with the staff an other students around campus. They should investigate the program or study they are most interested and what will be expected of them in the next four years. Some schools offer trimesters and more hands-on education, some have smaller privte classes, and some offer large lectures and diversity. Being in a comfortable environment is very important for success-this is your home for 4 years, and it is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.

Crystal

A home away from home where students and faculty work together to ensure success.

Visit a lot of colleges. Dont be afraid of asking questions when you're on campus, it is so important to research the community the school is in and what surrounds it. Try to observe campus and see what it seems like, the type of students who go there, how vivacious it is etc. Above all go with your heart and parents... dont try to force your child into chosing a school that you want them to go to. Remeber, if you're unhappy you will not be successful.

Just how unsafe the area around the campus is, it is a fantastic school but there have been quite a few security problems while I've been on campus.

Christina

The student body needs to have an optimistic attitude and make college fun for themselves

Parents: get involved, talk to your friends about their college experience, research with your children types of schools and majors and financial situations Students: You'll never see scholarship money entering college freshmen year if you transfer. Apply wisely! Choose your school after many campus visits and research!

small class room size, internet wireless, many computers

Jeanine

Make sure you ask questions about what activities there are on campus and any information you want to know, visit campus while there are students attending and speak with them about the school

I wish I had known what dorming was going to be like

naomi

My classmates all work hard to complete the nursing program ,which is extremely hard.

In the hospitals MSMC is well known and respected for their training of nurses. I hear only good things, and as we training we always get a great reception.

Let the person really think about where she/he would like to be in 10 yrs. I graduated and was very unsatisfied, it took me getting in to the world to see where me path was. Now I love Nursing as my profession. As I grow nearer to graduation I could not be anymore excited. Also, join groups that you may not have in high school. Use this as an experience to not only learn new things, but to meet new people. It can never hurt to see life through a new friends eyes; regardless of the career choice. Once you choose a profession try to pick a school that is strong in that area, this way you get the best possible instructors who are competent and are very knowledgeable in your intended field.

Mount Saint Mary College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.