Mount Saint Mary College

« See more reviews of Mount Saint Mary College

Students should visit as many colleges and universities as possible before making a decision. These schools should be both private and public, large and small, and should be in-session when visited to see what the college community is like. Unfortunately, I was not able to make a lot of college visits, so if I were to do it over, that would be one change I make. Additionally, to make the best of the college experience, I believe it is important to get involved. I am the treasurer of Fashion Club, as well as a Resident Assistant (or RA) for the college. These roles allow me to connect with many people on campus and make a lot of new friends! Also, go to the college-sponsored events! Some people may think it is "uncool" to go to them, but in fact, a lot of people go! They are usually a lot of fun because the school has a large activity budget fund, so make the best of it!

There are a alot of things to consider when choosing the right college. The greatest thing you have to make sure is that the college you choose, will be able to give your child the greatest education, so you have to look at if they have their major, and a good selection of classes. Also, you should keep in mind the condition the dorm rooms are if they are going to live on campus. For most of the year, they will be on campus, so the room has to be pretty decent . If your child knows that they will make friends, that they know its the perfect size school, and that they have their major and can get the best education possible, then that's the college you pick for them. As long as your child is happy and content, that's all that matter when going to college to get the most possible college experience.

College is important. Take it seriously! Keep in mine that your undergraduate is just the beginning. Once you graduate, school is not over. You have to move on to graduate school. So do your best in all of your coursework and work really hard because once you are ready for the job market, your work and your grades are definitely going to pay off. Also, form close relationships with your professors and other faculty members because they can really influence you and they have a lot of knowledge to share. They can also help you prepare yourself for the job market and give you other opportunities to enhance your resume. Just don't fool around. Don't worry about partying and friends, because there is a time and place for all of that. Keep your own best interests at heart always and be logical.

For students: Make the most of everything offered at your school. Go to the programs and branch out, this way you make more friends. Talk to the faculty whenever you get a chance, this way when you need help it's easier for you to approach them. Don't forget to have fun amongst all your studies. For parents: Make the most of campus visits. Get any questions about the campus that you may have answered. Talk with your child about his/her goals to try and keep them on track. As much as you are going to want them to come home, have them stay on campus for the first month. This will help them get adjusted to the campus as well as to living on their own. This will also encourage them to make friends and attend campus activities.

Let the person really think about where she/he would like to be in 10 yrs. I graduated and was very unsatisfied, it took me getting in to the world to see where me path was. Now I love Nursing as my profession. As I grow nearer to graduation I could not be anymore excited. Also, join groups that you may not have in high school. Use this as an experience to not only learn new things, but to meet new people. It can never hurt to see life through a new friends eyes; regardless of the career choice. Once you choose a profession try to pick a school that is strong in that area, this way you get the best possible instructors who are competent and are very knowledgeable in your intended field.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to save money most importantly. College is very expensive and everything costs money, books, tuition, honor societies, you are always paying for something. I would tell myself to start college right after high school. Do not delay your education. The longer you wait to begin your education the harder it is after you start. Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Any help you can get for college, take it. Look at and apply to multiple colleges. Do not limit yourself to one because it is easiest, closest, or most convinient. Choose a college that offers you the most for your money and the best education.

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself, I would tell myself to study a little bit more as well as being more dedicated to my daily reading assignments. I also would mention that as a student, you are in college to get an education and become successful in all aspects. Additionally, I would mention that college is an opportunity to experience and learn about life. It is a time to have an open mind and respect others who are around you. Therefore, do not be afraid to explore and ask questions, because unanswered questions are usually the ones that you end up finding the answers to the hard way.

It won't be a big deal going from Kingston High school to SUNY Ulster, but the transition from Ulster to Mount Saint Mary will be bigger than you think. You will absolutely hate it at first, and feel overwhelmed. The work isn't bad, but no one will talk to you and you'll feel very lonely. Don't sweat it though, because after a few weeks, everything is normal and comfortable. You will do very well and start meeting new people. Don't be so hard on yourself. People know eachother because they live together and have been attending here for two years prior. Just be yourself and friendships will follow suit.

Attending college is of course usually part of alot of teen's life plans. So how do you go about choosing the right school? Not only is the academic and presetige of a school is important but the social life of the school and surrounding area is important. When choosing a school you should first check out and choose schools based on academics 5 or so. Following that they should pick two that are ok academically but that are very promising in the social experience. You should apply to these and when you receive letter vist for over nights and make ur descsion

If I were able to go back and time and give advice to myself, I would tell myself to fear nothing. This school has given me the knowledge and ability to excel. Coming in as a freshman I feared that I wouldnt be able to get myself to class on time and get good grades. There is no advice I can give except to fear nothing, everything will fall into place on its own and you will make the adjustment over time. The college gave me the confidence to grow into who I am today and I will be proud come next May to say that I am a graduate of MSMC.