Mount Saint Mary College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mount Saint Mary College

Alli

I wish I could give no stars. I am thankfully almost done, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I know that Covid-19 has changed a lot but unless you want to teach yourself 12 chapters for an exam then receive an email about studying with a group I would stay far away. There has been maybe 2 professors who really care. No one emails back. Emailing the professors is a joke, don't waste your time. The professors give so much unnecessary work on top of the already heavy workload. You would think as educators they would listen to their students help them work through any issues to reach a goal. Here there is no encouragement, time needed or shown any skills in order to learn from. It is all on yourself.

Rosemarie

Absolutely love attending college here. I've had little to no problems and thoroughly enjoy spending time on campus. It's small so it's easy to know everyone on campus and make friends easily. This college has helped me to open up in so many different ways and I would not be the same person if I had not gone here.

Mount Saint Mary is a school strictly for education. The social life is not good the school is so small that you know everyone on campus. As the year goes on the parties get boring and people start to drink more and do more drugs. During school days the teachers are helpful and the class size is perfect. Up to 25 people in the class so the teacher knows you personally.

Erica

The school is very "fun" and academically I like it here. Unfortunately, the nursing program is very disorganized and all the people care about here are making money. The head of nursing and the president of the college as well as the people in between, only care about their public image and making money. It is unbelievably unfortunate that they treat the students like statistics. The professors, on the other hand, are very helpful and care about the students. I love the small school atmosphere because all of my professors know me.

Brenna

I am overall enjoying Mount Saint Mary College. It is a beautiful campus and definitely worth visiting. Even though I am a commuter so I don't really know exactly how dorming is like here, I have heard no complaints. I did hear that upperclassmen dorms aren't as nice as freshman dorms, but I am not sure if that is true or not. There are plenty of clubs to get involved in here. You name it, they probably have it or at least something close to the club that you are interested in. I love all of my teachers so far and the librarians are super nice and helpful. They never make it feel like you are bothering them when you ask a question. The college just wants to see you succeed and offers a lot to help you get through all the chaos and stress. Considering I am a commuter, I practically live in the Dominican Center, which holds a gorgeous chapel, the library, and a dining area. It is typically pretty quiet in there, which is why I love it so much. If you haven't visited the college yet, I definitely recommend that you do. It will be worth your while.

Hallie

Mount Saint Mary College is a great school to attend and they can be very competitive which makes the students work harder. I enjoy how beautiful the campus is and my ability to learn well and get involved in so many different things. Sometimes not all of the people are helpful but for the most part they are great.

Kevin

I love it here at the Mount. I have made so many great memories with a group of amazing people. Coming here to this school is probably one of the best decision I have ever made and i would not change it for any other college. I cannot wait what the Mount has in store for me in the next couple years.

ashley

I like it here. I am a freshmen and some of the professors are great. The campus is pretty small. Everyone knows everyone. This school is very big on nursing and education. Most of the students are nursing students and it is a very hard program but also a very good one.

Emily-Rose

Being a student at the Mount is incredibly rewarding. There are so many opportunities to get involved on and off campus. The community makes the experience so much more worthwhile because everyone is so friendly; teaching staff, security staff, students, etc. Everyone who attends Mount Saint Mary College finds their niche within the first year because there are so many clubs, activities, and extra events that truly bring the campus together. Although the Mount is a tiny school, there is so much offered.

Very friendly, clean kept school, nice staff good food.

Josh

It’s been roughly 5-6 years since I graduated from this tiny, over glorified High School of a college, and the biggest takeaway was that I paid about triple the price for less than half of a true college experience... -MSMC is CRAZY expensive and ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR MONEY!! -Advisors will INTENTIONALLY mislead students into taking unnecessary classes while failing to inform them of the classes they actually need for their majors in order to prevent them from graduating on time. (My advisor confessed this after failing to inform me that I needed 3 additional classes the week before I was slated to graduate) -Scholarships are seemingly only for Latina and female students (I was told by a financial aid officer that “as a white male, I was wasting my time” applying for scholarships) -The professors are seemingly all radical, man hating feminists (Nothing like being bullied and abused by your professor for answering a question incorrectly first thing in the morning) -The student body is tiny and SUPER cliquey. (Everyone will know Everything about you by day 2 because you will inevitably run into the same 20-30 students for the duration of you time there) -There is absolutely NOTHING to do at MSMC (When I attended, I’d venture to guess that 75-80% of the student body were commuters and that 20% of the campus students went home on the weekends...It felt like a ghost town) -90% of the student body was from Long Island and it will be nigh impossible to make friends if you’re not from either Long Island, Staten Island or New Jersey. -The “Women” there will want NOTHING to do with you if you’re not a 6’2” model/meathead with a BMW and a ton of disposable income (I’ve honestly never met a collection of such horrifically shallow people in my life) -The freshman transfer rate was roughly 68% in 2014 and continues to rise (Not hard to imagine why) All in all, this “college” is a tiny glorified high school with sub par academics, a cliquey, stuck up student body and a non existent atmosphere with nothing to do but chug vodka while watching Netflix in your dorm after finding out that you will need to attend for an additional 2 years for a useless degree...Don’t go here...Plenty of real schools to choose from instead.

Kristen

You give and you get. Your professors can vary because some can become your best friends and others just want to be gone just as much as you do. It can be hard to contact some teachers because they are old school and some don't understand the technology. Class sizes can vary but are mostly about the size of 30 kids. The food on campus is alright; it depends on the night and the place you eat. One positive is that at the dining locations, the workers can be so sweet. I would say you can definitely get the college experience here and there is so much around. For people who say the school is in a bad area, you just have to realize that everywhere you go is dangerous, especially when you don't know the area. You learn where you can go and you get used to it. Overall I would say this school is worth it.

Dana

MSMC gives students tools they can use now and after graduation. I've learned by my psychology professor Mr. Force that life is full of making connections because you never know when you might need that person or you never know when they need you.

Stephen

Hands down the best decision I’ve ever made. The school is fantastic. The people and professors are friendly and reachable; the classes are stimulating and manageable; and overall it’s the perfect fit. I would hate to have to leave due to monetary problems.

Courtney

I absolutely loved going to Mount Saint Mary College, I would go again if I needed to go back for a new degree. I would honestly even send my future kids there. The class sizes were small and professors knew you on a first name basis. It was so easy to make friends.

Susan

Mount Saint Mary College is a very good school to attend. Like many colleges, there are pros and cons. Some Pros include the class sizes and teacher availability, while cons include cost of attendance. This school has a beautiful scenic area overlooking the Hudson River. Campus safety is a very high priority as well which creates a safe and comfortable atmosphere.