Mount Vernon, OH
Mount Vernon Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University

Hosanna

I absolutely love college life, but am sad to be seeing it slip by so quickly. I was so eager to leave highschool, I wish I had enjoyed my friends, teachers, and the environment I had and not rushed off to college as quickly as I did. Academically, I would tell myself to practice studying and not just the night before a test, as well as to train myself to take good notes. I've learned studying and notetaking are key in doing well in college classes. If I could advise highschool senior me, I would advise not to take my last year in highschool for granted and to enjoy each day for itself rather than wishing it were over with. I would encourage myself to be the best and do the best I could and not just the minimum to get by. I would tell myself to love, encourage, and lead my fellow classmates by being an example in all areas of life.

Kids who do not want a to be in a Christian enironment

It's close knit, very one on one with the professors, lasting friendships

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a quaint school that values friendships, education and christian morals.

Small-town high schools do not have much diversity. At least mine did not. It was like I was viewing the world with blinders on, only seeing what was directly in front of me. College yanked those blinders off my eyes without hesitation or remorse. Before I even began my first class, I was talking to people with different habits, different pasts, and different values. I was experiencing life for the first time in someone else's shoes. No longer was there only one way to look at the world, one way to think or act. I learned that there is beauty in diversity. If I could tell my high school self one thing, it would be to embrace the world. Experience it in all of it's diversity. Look beyond the curtains and see the world's true identity. I would tell myself to stop judging others because they were different, but to appreciate them because of these differences.

The best thing about Mount Vernon Nazarene University is the friendly environment. The teachers will do anything to help you out, and are often available. Students area also friendly.

Shaharra

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a spirited school, I dont say this because it is a Nazarene University, i say this because of the kind hearted, caring, and diverse community which provides an ideal learning envirnment.

If I had the chance to go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior my advice would be to have more fun. I would tell myself not to wish high school away or stress out over the future. I speant my entire senior year trying to get credit for college that I didnt get to enjoy my last year of high school, and if there was just one thing I could go back and say, it would be to just enjoy your last year because this is the place that sculpted you and these are the people who pushed you and before you know it, it will all be over. I believe that everything that I went through my senior year put me in the position that I am in today and I am thankful for that, but out of everything, I wish that I would have had more fun.

A person who is lost in life or doesnt know what to do with the future.

Brittney

I would tell myself to take AP classes and get more involved in community service and volunteer projects. I would tell myself to be more invested in the classes that I took because they would all matter later in college. I would tell myself not to worry about the high school scene and what was going on there, because college is gong to be a whole lot different. That this will be the place that I will discover who I am and find people that I will be friends with even after college. I would tell myself that highschool is no reflection of how college and life will be. That I will grow to be a muh better person and will find myself. I would tell myself that everything will be ok.

How difficult it would have been financially and how I could have prepared for it. I wish I would have known which classes I should take and which classes I probably should not take.

Somebody who wants a school with a strong Christian influence. Someone who wants an environment that does not really include on campus alcohol or drug usage. Someone who wants a small campus environment with professors who are caring, supportive, and invested in their students lives. Someone who wants to make lifelong friendships.

Tess

My school is a close community striving to tell the world about God while also equipping students with everything they need for a successful future.

You may be scared for college, but you shouldn't be. College will be the best four years of your life. But instead of sitting around waiting for college to come, you need to be proactive and work hard on everything from your current classes to scholarships. College won't be cheap and it won't be easy, but it will definitely pay off. Also, it's ok if you don't want to major in Spanish Education when you get to college. Take time to explore what makes you happy and what will make you happy in the long run. There are so many different majors and minors, don't limit yourself just because your'e comfortable. Study abroad! Take every chance you get to travel and see the world. Lastly, cherish every moment you have with your family, because eventually, everyone will be separated and it just won't be the same.

I find that my school lacks greatly in having facilities in which students can use to hangout, study, eat, and just have a good time. The city that this school is located in does not have any places for students to go to to spend time other than a few restaruants. I get so frustrated that my school doesn't provide places for us that many other colleges do.

Our school is best known for our music and education department. We are also known for a great atmosphere for spiritual and academic growth. The professors are amazing and are always willing to meet with you outside of class when you need to talk. There are also lots of on campus activites and it has a great social atmosphere.

I would tell myself not to worry about getting into school and getting the financial aid needed. I would also tell myself to be the social butterfly I now know I am and not to be afraid of branching out of my dorm room and meeting new people. I would also tell myself to not worry so much about my academics and give myself a chance to have fun.

I love the social and spiritual aspects about my school. The chapel services grow and challenge you, and the social events help you meet new people. I have to say the end of the year block party is the biggest social event on campus and the most fun one.

Christopher

It is easy these days to get connected. With social networks and cell phones, it is easier than ever to find friends at the school you will be going to. Go to all of the school's events for future students and don't be shy! Introduce yourself to many people, and a wide variety of people. Don't become satisfied when you've met one person that has something in common with you, because you could be missing out on a great friendship and it is important to have these friendships before coming to school, so you don't have to worry about that on top of the stresses of classes and getting used to a new environment. In other words, take advantage of these situations and get involved on social network groups ahead of time, because friends make the transition so much easier and relieve the stresses of feeling alone at orientastion and during the first several weeks. Get involved early and often! Make yourself known and show that you are a good and reliable friend!

Many rules, courses, and syllabi are rather outdated and irrelevant. Although they are able to make do with, they can be rather painful at times, especially the very early curfew and certain classes one is required to take that are rather boring and unapplicable to modern day society.

Many things are not explained very well. You are on your own for the most part to find everything out by trial, which can be good because it encourages independence. However, the school does a bad job at explaining rules, procedures, insurance, financial aid, etc. and makes it your responsibility to research, which I know from first hand experience is very frustrating.

Erika

It is the best place to go to if you are part of the Nazarene faith and believe in everything in God's word.

If I could go back and give myself as a high school senior advice about college life, I would tell myself that the transition ot college life is easy as long as you pick the right school to go to. If you pick the wrong school you will have the urge to transfer to another university that is to you better than the one that you're planning on going to. It is best that you try your hardest and not to let anything get to you. If you let stuff get to you, you will stress out and feel like you want to drop out of college. Just stay calm, get your work done, and always study. Good Luck in the rest of your senior year.

What i consider the worst thing about my school is that we are not allowed to have dancing. We have ballroom daning but not actual dancing. They tell us that it was part of the Nazarene faith but it has been revised to where it was okay to allow dancing. So the school should change their rules to allow dancing.

My classmates are generally caring, and many of them try hard in their classes.

My classmates are generally caring, and many of them try hard in their classes.

One of the biggest things that I have recently discovered that I should have done differently was how I related to my roomate. She felt that I did not talk enough and would find reasons to leave as often as possible. I felt that I was simply being a good listener. If I could redo that time I would definately try to talk to her more and otherwise push myself to be more social.

I don't feel that I missed out on any information that I would have needed to know before coming.

Tracie

Being a Decidedly Christian school

Being a Decidedly Christian school

College has helped me learn many things. I have learned independence, I have learned how to schedule my time around classes and get all my homework done in time for class. I have learned to recognize what professors want, and have learned much more about human nature. I have made wonderful friends and have learned more about responsiblity. Going to college has been a wonderful experience for me, and I am so glad that I was able to attend. It has helped me to really grow as a person.

The good food, great dorms and caring teachers

Mount Vernon Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.