Mount Vernon, OH
Mount Vernon Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University

Christina

Volunteerism and outreach to a variety of people-groups.

Volunteerism and outreach to a variety of people-groups.

Think with the end in mind. When you're 18, you're thinking about a major; when you're 22, you're thinking about a living.

Not accepting enough of gorwing diversity on campus; too conservative.

Katelyn

If I could go back in time, I would tell my self to calm down and not worry too much. Don't stress out about not having all the answers. It's nice to know what you want to major in and where you are going to be in five years, but you have time to figure it out. Take time to enjoy your senior year. Have fun with your friends, but don't worry about not being able to find new ones. College is a whole new world. You can be whoever you want to be. College is a place to prove to yourself that you can be successful away from home. Always be thankful for the way that your parents raised you, but you will make it on your own. So enjoy the rest of the time that you have in high school and relax about the future. You are going to be just fine!

Someone that would like a Christian environment and a small campus community.

Someone that wants to party on the weekends.

Richard

The school that i'm attending is very academic and relious focused.

The school that i'm attending is very academic and relious focused.

Caompared to other schools this school is strict in religon. The school is set in a small town and is very friendly.

Take in the information that is being taught to you, study. Do not get bothered or anxious about what other people are doing. Just be yourself and focus only on you.

Chapel services, and the Christian environment

Chapel services, and the Christian environment

Knowing what I know now, I would have told myself to take more challenging courses throughout high school instead of taking it easy. As a junior in college I find that there are some classes I struggle with that I really should not be struggling with because I should have learned it in high school. As far as making the transition from high school to college I would say that I would tell myself to expect the best of things rather than the worst of things. When you worry about how things can go wrong you don't focus on how they can go right, or how to make them go right. My experience with a roommate my freshman year turned out bad, but I feel it was really because I let myself go into the situation thinking the worst of things. If I had just told myself that everything would turn out for the best, I would have had a better first semester. I would also tell myself not to be afraid to break out of a shell, to make friends and to talk to people more than I actually did.

The pretty campus setting and the academics and the Christian environment

Luke

When it comes time to make the decision of what college one is going to attend, this person needs to take some serious time and consideration. I?m not trying to scare students or their parents but this decision affects the rest of their life. I personally believe that one should pray about this matter, that God will guide them though the decision. When choosing a university see if there are opportunities to get involved with the community. You want to make sure that the school has spirit, for if not it could be quite a dull experience. The student to professor ratio is another detail to look for. With fewer students in a lecture the opportunity to learn and ask questions increases. Once you are on the campus of your choosing make sure to get involved in activities, try to leave a mark. Yes, learning is what you are there to accomplish but if you just shut out the world and study all day long you are not going to get far in life. If you are active in your society, your character will develop and in return people will have respect for you.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one that wants to get a solid education with a Christian faith background in all aspects of life. The person should realize that this is a Christian university and that faith comes first in everything. they should be serious about their life goals and should want to strive to reach it.

The kind of person that this school is not ment for are the partiers. This school has a very strict zero tolerance drug and alcohol statute. The eprofessors here like to have fun in their classrooms but they also like to make sure that they are in control at al times.

Rebecca

MVNU focuses very much on making sure that incoming freshmen and transfer students feel welcome. There are tons of welcoming activities in the first few weeks! Also, they really encourage all students to get to know one another through dorm- and campus-wide activities. The people at the Naz really make it great. Everyone you meet is so friendly and willing to help! Lastly, I feel the need to mention how awesome the chicken patties are. They're served every Saturday for lunch! =]

Parents love being part of their child's college-choosing process. The thrill of helping your child choose where he or she will study, make friends, and live during these important years is unexplainable! However, sometimes parents get caught up in the frenzy. They tend to forget that they themselves will not be the ones attending the school, but their child will. Some parents even refuse to pay for college unless their child goes to the school they they (the parents) have chosen! Parents, you should remember that .. your child needs to be the one making the final decision. Although a school may have everything you're looking for, if the student isn't comfortable there, they will probably not succeed. Your child will know which college is the best fit for them. Making it all the way through high school is no small accomplishment; to be blunt, your child is not stupid. They'll know. Trust me... they'll know. Let go and allow them to make their own choices.

The students at MVNU are the best thing. They're strong Christians and some of the nicest, friendliest people you'll ever meet!

Amy

There are many factors that contribute to any college decision and, as a student you must be sure of what you're looking for in your higher education. I asked some very important questions that helped me find the best university for me and ultimately made the entire process easier. The questions that I asked were as followed: How close do I want to be to my high school friends and family? What degree do I want to strive for and in what field? Do I want a small or large campus? Class seizes? Should I attend a 2 year or 4 year college? By asking myself these questions I found the perfect college for me. After answering them and narrowing your college decisions down, I strongly suggest you to follow this: Never let money decide for you. Higher education is not just the amount of tuition; it is worth so much more. You make life-long friends and gain tools that can be utilized throughout the rest of your life. Lastly, I strongly encourage you to be greatly involved in your campus community. It is a great resource and by doing so you have fun and learn even more.

The worst aspect about my university deals with R-Rated movies. Such movies are banded from Mount Vernon's campus completely; regardless of what it was. Now I know some R-Rated movies are not worth my time but others are perfectly fine. Unfortunately, it didn't matter and all are banned. The R-Rated movie rule is being closely looked at and may change for my sophomore year.

Themost frustrating aspect about my university is the campus curfew. As a freshman I did not expect to have a curfew while attending college so it was a suprise. Upper classman have a latter curfew than freshmen and at times it would get really frustrating considering I have a lot of upper classmen as close friends. I would have to leave social events to make sure I was on time back to my dorm. The good thing about this is that the curfew rules and regulations are currently under construction so it may change for my sophomore year.

Samuel

Start early, especially when it comes to applying for financial aid. Spend time at prospective colleges and get to know some of the students. Find out what employment opportunities are available for graduates. Plan to work hard, but take time for fun too. It helps relieve the stress and keep you going when it gets tough.

Any person who is serious about their career and education. It is recommended that you share, or are very tolerant of the Christian belief system.

My program, Communications in Video and Radio Broadcasting, has state of the art equipment and outstanding training. The program has allowed me to work part time for the radio station, and allows for public appearance, participation in various local events.

Brittany-Lee

This school is extremly friendly, offers so much to a persons spirituality, and the people are amazingly nice.

Make sure the people are as friendly as they appear, make sure you find a good enviorment because that is just as important as academics, and try to find a place with a great community and high graduation rate.

The idea that the people aren't always fair when it comes to appearences.

morgan

My classmates are very conservative and yet friendly and open to others.

My classmates are very conservative and yet friendly and open to others.

Don't be afraid to be out going. College can be lonely at first, but if you are willing to be open and friendly with others, you have the potential to make friends very quickly.

The best thing about my school is how they encourage you to live for more than just yourself, and to not be afraid to help others.

Mount Vernon Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.