Mount Vernon, OH
Mount Vernon Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University

Make sure you check out the campus on a normal school day. If you go on a day specified for potential students, you might not get a clear picture of what the school actually runs like when there isn't pressure on all the students to behave because of the new people. Also, Don;t choose a school because it's close or because someone you know is going there. Just because someone else may like it, doesn't mean you won't hate it. And as for living close, unless you absolutely can't pay to live on campus, it's a bad idea for that to be your only reason! :)

The best thing about my school is the emphasis on God. It helps keep everything balanced in life and helps you get through the year, and helps you with life later on.

The kind of person that wouldn't fit in well at MVNU is someone who is an atheist that isn't open to hear the arguements for God. They would feel extremely out of place and wouldn't enjoy classes because we pray before most class periods start.

Aimee

When I was looking for a school my mom told me to find a place where I could see myself walking around and working in that environment. When I visited MVNU, I could see myself belonging there and it felt right. It also helps if you know someone who has attended the university that you would like to go to. I wouldn't worry about making "the wrong choice" because this is college. And in college if the school isn't giving you what you need, you can always transfer. After being at MVNU for the past 3 years all I can say is to get out there and try it. Coming in as a college freshman you can change the lable you were given in high school. You don't have to be the geek or the slacker or the pot head any more! You can be whoever you want to be, hopefully for the better. Best of luck!

A Left Wing, smoker, drinker, atheist, or drug user.

It's safe, friendly, a second home to me and the people are like family.

Justin

The first thing you should look at when looking at colleges is the kind of majors and minors that the college offers. The next thing to look at is if the school is a reputable school. Some questions to ask are: Does the school have a high placement in the job market of recent graduates? What kind of reputation does the school have with employers? The next thing you should look at when looking at schools to attend is the campus life. The campus should satisfy most if not all of your social and living needs and desires. The last thing anyone should look at when looking at colleges is the price. There should be no price tag on a good education. There are plenty of scholarships and financial aid out in the world for any student to go to school. Once the student gets to school they have to live their life. Have fun but also think of the future. You are there for an education first but you have to have fun or the experience won't be all it could be. College can be great, but it can be bad. The choice is yours.

A person who wants to learn a lot about their particular field of study. A person who wants to get a job right out of college. It would make some things around campus easier if the person is a Christian but it is not a requirment, there are plenty of non-Christians who attend this university. A person who likes small class sizes, a friendly atmosphere, and a laid-back kind of campus would love this school.

I really brag about the quality of education that I recieve at this school. I have a general sence of pride for this school, but there is just no match for the education that people recieve at this school. I also brag about the reputation this school holds with employers. There are certain employers who will hire people just because they went to MVNU, on account of the fact that the employer knows about the education that the new employee recieved.

Minister

Start early! apply to all scholarships that apply to your circumstances and financial situation. The competition is stiff so hang in there and dont give up.

It is a Christian School! with a great Adult Graduate Studies program.

Alisha

Study a lot.. and go to SI.. use academic support as much as possible.

Study a lot.. and go to SI.. use academic support as much as possible.

Tour the school. Pray about where God would want you to go.. Where he is leading and calling you. Talk to other students about the school.

The christian atmosphere and the people

My classmates are like me in that they're all young, energetic and future-oriented, but we're all a weird and wonderful mix of personalities.

College is one of the most life-changing experiences you'll ever get, but it's no cakewalk. Choosing the right college will come to you: look at the ones that match your most important criteria, then go with what feels right. Once you get there, I have two warnings for you. First, you'll face some difficulties no matter how great of a college you choose. You may have a stubborn roommate, a tough class here and there, maybe some mid-term blues, but it's worth it, because here's the second thing: you will become who you are in college. You will grow, change, stretch and learn; you will discover your personality, your passions, your confidence and your potential, and suddenly, you'll notice that you're becoming the whole, balanced, beautiful person you were always meant to be. So no matter what you face, I promise, it's worth it.

I brag about the relationships students can build with their professors since we have small class sizes and really wonderful professors that are willing to talk, help and even have students over to their houses for meals.

Kimberly

They are my accountability group.

They are my accountability group.

Make sure parents check the financial aid and see all the options that they have to make sure your child can stay in school. Also your child should get a job even if college is being paid for, they will need money. Check to see if they have activities to interact new students with expirianced ones. Finally visit the campus and see if the future student likes the atmosphere of it all.

I wish I understood more of the financial area. There is more information there than what shows.

Bethany

Do not just choose a school because of their acamedic standard. College is more then that, but a school where you can get both like Mount Vernon Nazarene University that has acamedic strength and a well formed community.

The environment: Everyone is friendly, helpful and non-judgemental. We are a close community who care about each one of our students. We will be there for each student through thick and thin. We care about getting the best education in a friendly and helpful environment.

A student who wants to smoke, drink, have sex. The students here are conservative and believe in traditional standards and values. Someone who is non-religious or does not believe in God should not attend, but we are open to having anyone and share our faith. Someone who is non-motivaed to go to class or care about grade will not succeed here.

Allison

Mount Vernon Nazarene University is best known for it's religious focus. It is Nazarene, but does not necessarily push towards the Nararene denomination. There is a wide variety of differenct Christian religions. Personally, I am not Nazarene and I never feel out of place because of that.

I would advise future students to become involved. Find activities you are interested in and get involved in them. Meet the people who are involved with you. Do not be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone. There is so much room in your life to grow. Do not let the years you spend in college pass you by. Do not let yourself hold any regrets on your graduation day. Also, know what you believe. Know your standards and beliefs. Do not let anyone compromise what you believe. Never be afraid to show your true colors. You will always find people who are the same as you and the people who do not like it do not matter. LIVE YOUR LIFE!

I wish I had known that a lot of people go home on weekends. It is sometimes hard to find people to hang out with on weekends because I cannot go home on weekends. This year it is a little easier because the apartment I live in has other girls that live out of state, so they do not go home on weekends either.

Spiritual closes that everyone gives you.

Spiritual closes that everyone gives you.

Do not just think about your freshman year. Think about the full college years. Colleges give me a good amount of information, help and financial aid your freshman year, but then just kind of drop off and expect you to do everything yourself. Also, look into everything and look at more than one school there are a lot of things schools hide in order to bring more students in. Look at transfer and drop out rates and compare.

That there is no party scene so we are not tempted to party.

Mount Vernon Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.