Mount Vernon, OH
Mount Vernon Nazarene University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University

My classmates share the same passion for learning that I do, and are available for study groups and helping others in any matter.

To find the right college, look at what is right for the student. Look at the professors and their level of caring and how much they will do to help the student. Look also at social aspects, because the college years are supposed to be the best years of one's life. You want to go to a college that has a social atmosphere that challanges you to be a better person and to grow in your life's purpose. Make the most of your college experience by getting involved. Make friends that will last a lifetime. Get to know the professors and don't be afraid of going to them for help. Be wise and remember that life is only just beginning.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the food in the cafeteria is not always the most delicious. We have a very wide selection, but since it is prepared in large quantities, the flavour is not the best. Often I opt for a salad or sandwich. Otherwise, I love my school!

Robert

This school is intentionally Christian. That means that it actually lives up to the Christian values that it says that it will uphold. The campus community here proves that fact through the idea and practice that all the students here are more than willing to lend a helping hand to their peers if they are in need of counseling, a shoulder to cry on, or just a listening ear.

Finding the right college is a daunting task, and it is not an easy one to complete. As a student, you must find a college that offers the degree program that best fits in with your ultimate career plans. After that, you must find the college that you will feel most comfortable on. If you were raised in an urban area, try to find a college that has that same urban feel. If you were raised in a rural setting, try to find one that has that same rural, small town America feel. You must feel comfortable on your college campus. Thirdly, to make the most out of your college experience, you must become involved in your campus community. Join college clubs and organizations that revolve around your specific hobbies and/or interests. Get involved, and stay involved. It creates for you a web of friends who have the same interests and hobbies as you to turn to when times get tough. When you become involved in the things you love doing, you will love the college that you are at, and you will remembere these days forever.

The professors on this campus really are here for the students. They really have a desire to get to know the students, and help them to succeed at every cost. The classes are small enough on this campus, therefore the professors on this campus can really focus on the students individually.

Stephen

My mom didn't want me to attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University. She said it was "too expensive, and wasn't culturally diverse enough." Both are true. But now in my junior/senior year, looking back over the course of my experience here at MVNU, I couldn't be happier. You see, college is more than the simple statistics: retention rate, demographics, athletics, ect. It's deeper than that. At the end of the day, I try and image the type of person I would be if I had attended another school. I can't. My college experience has been one full of irreplaceable memories, invaluable lessons, and life long friendships. Picking the right school is ultimately about following your heart. With faith, the rest will fall into place. As far as this pivotal moment in a person's life called the college experience, the process is extremely delicate. Over the course of the next 4 years (or more), a world full of opportunity will be thrown at your feet. It's up to you what you do with it. College is life changing. It could evolve you into a person that will do extraordinary things. My advice? EMBRACE EVERYTHING.

I personally think that this school would be good for any individual but any prospective student should know coming in that there are strict rules and regulations that need to be followed. Alot of students who get here are not familiar with having so many rules, which is why they do not return the following year.

I speak highly of the campus environment and how it caters to focused individuals who stay on task. I would have to say that people here are generally nice and well rounded.

Make sure you check out the campus on a normal school day. If you go on a day specified for potential students, you might not get a clear picture of what the school actually runs like when there isn't pressure on all the students to behave because of the new people. Also, Don;t choose a school because it's close or because someone you know is going there. Just because someone else may like it, doesn't mean you won't hate it. And as for living close, unless you absolutely can't pay to live on campus, it's a bad idea for that to be your only reason! :)

The best thing about my school is the emphasis on God. It helps keep everything balanced in life and helps you get through the year, and helps you with life later on.

The kind of person that wouldn't fit in well at MVNU is someone who is an atheist that isn't open to hear the arguements for God. They would feel extremely out of place and wouldn't enjoy classes because we pray before most class periods start.

Aimee

When I was looking for a school my mom told me to find a place where I could see myself walking around and working in that environment. When I visited MVNU, I could see myself belonging there and it felt right. It also helps if you know someone who has attended the university that you would like to go to. I wouldn't worry about making "the wrong choice" because this is college. And in college if the school isn't giving you what you need, you can always transfer. After being at MVNU for the past 3 years all I can say is to get out there and try it. Coming in as a college freshman you can change the lable you were given in high school. You don't have to be the geek or the slacker or the pot head any more! You can be whoever you want to be, hopefully for the better. Best of luck!

A Left Wing, smoker, drinker, atheist, or drug user.

It's safe, friendly, a second home to me and the people are like family.

Justin

The first thing you should look at when looking at colleges is the kind of majors and minors that the college offers. The next thing to look at is if the school is a reputable school. Some questions to ask are: Does the school have a high placement in the job market of recent graduates? What kind of reputation does the school have with employers? The next thing you should look at when looking at schools to attend is the campus life. The campus should satisfy most if not all of your social and living needs and desires. The last thing anyone should look at when looking at colleges is the price. There should be no price tag on a good education. There are plenty of scholarships and financial aid out in the world for any student to go to school. Once the student gets to school they have to live their life. Have fun but also think of the future. You are there for an education first but you have to have fun or the experience won't be all it could be. College can be great, but it can be bad. The choice is yours.

A person who wants to learn a lot about their particular field of study. A person who wants to get a job right out of college. It would make some things around campus easier if the person is a Christian but it is not a requirment, there are plenty of non-Christians who attend this university. A person who likes small class sizes, a friendly atmosphere, and a laid-back kind of campus would love this school.

I really brag about the quality of education that I recieve at this school. I have a general sence of pride for this school, but there is just no match for the education that people recieve at this school. I also brag about the reputation this school holds with employers. There are certain employers who will hire people just because they went to MVNU, on account of the fact that the employer knows about the education that the new employee recieved.

Minister

Start early! apply to all scholarships that apply to your circumstances and financial situation. The competition is stiff so hang in there and dont give up.

It is a Christian School! with a great Adult Graduate Studies program.

Alisha

Study a lot.. and go to SI.. use academic support as much as possible.

Study a lot.. and go to SI.. use academic support as much as possible.

Tour the school. Pray about where God would want you to go.. Where he is leading and calling you. Talk to other students about the school.

The christian atmosphere and the people

My classmates are like me in that they're all young, energetic and future-oriented, but we're all a weird and wonderful mix of personalities.

College is one of the most life-changing experiences you'll ever get, but it's no cakewalk. Choosing the right college will come to you: look at the ones that match your most important criteria, then go with what feels right. Once you get there, I have two warnings for you. First, you'll face some difficulties no matter how great of a college you choose. You may have a stubborn roommate, a tough class here and there, maybe some mid-term blues, but it's worth it, because here's the second thing: you will become who you are in college. You will grow, change, stretch and learn; you will discover your personality, your passions, your confidence and your potential, and suddenly, you'll notice that you're becoming the whole, balanced, beautiful person you were always meant to be. So no matter what you face, I promise, it's worth it.

I brag about the relationships students can build with their professors since we have small class sizes and really wonderful professors that are willing to talk, help and even have students over to their houses for meals.

Kimberly

They are my accountability group.

They are my accountability group.

Make sure parents check the financial aid and see all the options that they have to make sure your child can stay in school. Also your child should get a job even if college is being paid for, they will need money. Check to see if they have activities to interact new students with expirianced ones. Finally visit the campus and see if the future student likes the atmosphere of it all.

I wish I understood more of the financial area. There is more information there than what shows.

Mount Vernon Nazarene University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.