Gardner, MA
Mount Wachusett Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Wachusett Community College

William

I like the atomosphere even though I've visited the main campus a couple of times. The staff is very helpful and everyone that I meet there are very kind and helpful! Somethings can be confusing like their website for instance or not getting answers that I would like to know but whatever.

Gabby

Majority of students believe that attending a community college is like getting a lower standard education which by far is not true. Mount Wachusett is an affordable college and it's key focus is education. Not only does education play a significant role, but the school offers a sense of diversity. There are plenty of clubs and organizations students can join allowing them to fill the gap of comfortability and with that relationships are formed.

dorothia

Mount Watchusett Community College is a wonderful, caring, and is an amaizingly simple solution to furthering ones education regardless of age, race or preferences.

Going back to a time when I once was a high school senior, I would advise myself to make use of all the colleges help that I could receive. This means that I would take full advantage of applying for grants, scholarships, maybe even an on campus job. I would attempt to make my life easier by taking advantage of all the wonderful opportunities that MWCC provides. If I had known that your amount of financial aid depended directly on how much you make per year, and also the amount of credits you take, I would make sure that I took full advantage of my options and possibly would have continued my education as a full time student rather than a part time one. I would also make sure to advise myself to do my very best in every subject to keep my GPA high, and make sure that I successfully got into my Dental Hygiene Program. All in all, I would educate myself on college life and motivate myself to keep my education going strong, and to strive for future success in the easiest way possible.

I wish that prior to going to Mount Watchusett Community College I was aware that you recieve more financial aid if you attend as a full time student rather than a part time or half time student. The amount of credits directly influences the amount of financial aid you recieve per semester. I spent the first two years of my college career working full time and attmepting to pay off my debt on my own. I believe if i had known what i know now when i had first entered college my GPA would be much higher.

The students at Mount Wachusett Community College are all unique and come from different backgrounds allowing a great way to become immersed in different cultures.

My school is best known for their leaderhsip, offering many leadership courses, presentations, and groups throughout the year.

Well when I started at the college I was only a junior in high school. I thought I was prepared and I seemed to be in terms of classes. If I could go back I would tell myself to try and become involved in more clubs and organizations then I was. The school offers some great clubs to get involved in. Additionally, I would tell myself to take my classes at a different time. I took classes like art over the whole semester and left anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 for over the summer between junior and senior year of high school or freshman and sophmore year of college. Basically, to remember to be as involved as possible and that time management is everything.

Brett

“Advice to my high school self” We all wonder what life would be like if we knew in our teens what we know now as adults. If given the opportunity to talk to my younger self about college, several aspects of my college life come to mind. First, is the basic education, or pre-requisites, which challenge you to take courses one would probably never take if given the option. These basic classes help a person become a more rounded individual and possibly spark an interest in something never before seen. Next, would be an inside look at yourself and identifying your strengths and weaknesses. Incidentally, by learning what you excel in helps build the self-confidence needed to overcome areas of difficulty. Finally, I would stress the importance of education in general. Unfortunately, setbacks will happen in life; whether it is the loss of a job or a failed relationship, nobody can take away your education. In other words, once a person has went through the grueling hours of studying, mid-term and final exams, countless essays and research, the knowledge and confidence obtained is forever yours. Go to college now and learn who you really are.

Breanna

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, there would be so many things that I'd tell myself. First off, I would definitely tell myself not to stress as much and just breathe. There were so many situations in college where I would stress out and freak myself out when all I needed was to take a deep breath. A very important thing I would tell myself is that you are going to lose friends, but it's not that big of a deal. People will come and go in your life, but that just means they weren't worth it. Lastly, I would tell myself to just have fun. College definitely has its perks, and as long as your having fun you'll do fine in life.

Cheyanne

The school is full of wonderful people, and wonderful oppurtunites.

The school is full of wonderful people, and wonderful oppurtunites.

Study. You need to learn how to properly take notes and study them. Do your homework when you recieve it, do not procrastinate.

The most fustrating thing about my school would have to be the lack of time to conversate with friends. Being a full time student and working part time requires alot of concentration. You need to focus on your school work first, friends second. Strive to get the best grades possible and accel in your education. Your education is the most important aspect to your future career goals. You need to stay determined and have a positive attitude. Try to talk to your advisors if any questions arise.

Joseph

I would tell myself to go to college sooner and get more technical training. Whether it be part-time or full time does not matter. Just get enrolled and get an education. Jack of all trades/Master of many, does not have quite the calling it had in 1980. Work experience looks good on a resume but a quality education lasts a lifetime.

The best thing about my school is convenience. It is close to home, offers an associates degree for my intended major, offers day, night, online and hybrid classes.

Anyone who is looking to enhance their education would be wise to check out this school.

Aimee

I would let myself know that an education should come first, and that you can't rely on anyone else to finish college. Life would be easier with a good education, and you can accomplish anything you want to in your life. You can go at your own pace, and not have to feel rushed, and pressured. You will enjoy life more because of the opportunities a degree and education can bring.

Someone who has seen where lack of education can take you, and wants the chance to prove that they can do what they set out to do. A person who wants to better themselves with an education so they can rely on themselves in the future.

I really believe that everyone should atleast have the chance to attend college, but if I had to chose a "type" of person that shouldn't attend it would be someone who doesn't understand the importance of an education, and where it can take you. Also, anyone that doesn't want to better themselves, and furthering their education.

Mount Wachusett Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.