Big Stone Gap, VA
Mountain Empire Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mountain Empire Community College

samantha

MECC is a very personable school with "small town values" that finds it important to be a part of our tigh-knit community in social aspects while still being academic oriented.

It's a small campus that works well with the Academic progress i've made and more opportunity for one-on-one education with your professors. It also is a good transition college back to UVA-Wise when I am finished with MECC. They work with each other to help students transfer into a 4 year program at UVA to further education. I like that I will have the opportunity to be at the University because of choosing MECC.

I would tell myself to give it time and not feel obligated to jump into such a big commitment months after transitioning into the "real world". I would tell myself how important it was to go when I felt ready to avoid feeling overwhelmed instead of feeling pushed to go by others.

natasha

If I was ever able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the most important piece of advise i would give would be dont wait til' its to late! High school students think that they dont need to go to college, that they'll be fine without it. Thats far from the truth...life is so hard especially when you dont have an education! I would tell myself to put school first before boys, babies, and focus on me and what I want out of life. The longer you keep putting it off and the older you get, it makes it that much harded to go back. There is nothing more important than a college education! No matter how much it cost and how hard you have to work for it! It'll be so worth it in the end! Go to college,have fun, make friends, be what youve always wanted to be, make a difference, change the world, make an amasing life for you and your future family, and make your parents proud! You can do anything you put your mind to! Dont wait til' its to late!

The best thing about my school is probably the cost of tution and how every member of the staff does their absoulute best to help students. i want to be a radiology doctor so starting off at mecc is going help me save lots of money in the long run. The staff is another reason. They do their best at advising you about what each next step needs to be in order to advance and be what youve always wanted to be!

The kind of person that should attend mecc is really anyone. Anyone who wants to get their foot through the door and get started at making a change in their life. The tution is way less than other schools and the staff is very helpful...not only the staff but other students. Everyone attending mecc is there to change their life and tries their best to make sure everyone succeds!

Kara

My school is in a small town offering small classes with excellent professor to student ratio for the best learning experience possible.

I would tell myself to explore more schools than just picking a school that was close to home just for convenience purposes. When making my first schedule at the University of Virginia's College at Wise, I would've told myself not to sign up for French, but to stick with Spanish, because that's eventually what happened later. I also suppose I would not have told myself more than that, because through the mistakes and bad scheduling I've made, I've learned from it, and grown as a person and student because of it. To just tell myself not to make all the silly mistakes I've made in my two years at college, I wouldn't have learned much from it. I would not be who I am today.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone wanting the best education for their money and who want to have their professors available for any kind of help after class.

Mountain Empire Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.