Beckley, WV
Mountain State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mountain State University

Jimmy

If I was given this opportunity, I would tell myself to be more dedicated. I would tell myself to work harder in school, and to study more because now I know that it would have helped me in college.

My school is best known for it's physician assistant program.

I wish I would have been more prepared for college. My high school didn't prepare for college. I didn't have a very good work ethic when it came to schoolwork. When I started college, I didn't know what to expect. Everything was completely new to me.

Adelmira

If I could go back and talk to my younger I would tell myself to get out more and learn how to be myself and loose my shyness. I would warn myself that college is not going to be like highschool and knowledge isn't something that is going to get into my head through some type of weird osmosis I will have to study hard everyday so all the years spent in school would be worth it. I would tell myself that a thick skin is important in this world and to enjoy life as best she can.

Jeremy

The advice I would give myself is to go where you will be happy. I came to my current university, because I recieved a scholarship and maybe that was for the wrong reason. I should have went to West Virginia University, because in my heart that is where I want to be. I am in the process of transferring there and this scholarship would help me tremendously. If I could go back my advice would be go where "YOU" want. Do not go somewhere just for the money.

The best thing about my school is the location from my home.

I brag to my friends about my freedom during the week and getting taken care of on the weekends at home. It's the best of both worlds.

As a previous college student I learned a lot about myself and being independent. I believe it is valuable to attend college, because you are competing with a lot of people in this world. Being a college student will allow others to see what you are capable of. You are more likely to be successful as a college graduate. I am now 32 years old and reentering college. It is valuable for me to get my degree in a career I can be successful in, so I may be a roll model to my kids.

I cant think of anything. I am always asking a lot of questions, so I am aware of what I am getting into.

I am enrolled in the online program, so I would say someone who wants to attend school while caring for a family

kevin

Mountain state university offers a brillant culinary course with out the astronomically prices of other schools ive searched.Of course there are other schools out there that are ranked top schools for my degree but they are no where in the price range i can afford.

Even thow this is my first semester in college it has been an overwhelminly but enjoyable experience.These few months in college have been my best months in school since attending kidergarden.I have gained knowledge and learned as a human to think outside the box and look at situations form all angles. I realized that if you can read a situation correctly you can have the best out come. I look forward to these next few years in college , bescause if i learned this life changing lesson in the first few months who knows what will be learned in the next 3 years. Kevin Richardson

This school is open to all kinds of individuals. even if you dont really like attending school such as myself the atmosphere at msu pushes you to want to make a change in your life and pursue your ture passion.Which mine happens to be culinary.So i concluded this in saying if your a human being you can go to this school.From my experiences this is the first time i actually look forward to attending classes and have teachers that understand you have a life beyond school and work with you.Mountain state is for eveyone!

Alexis

My school is located in appalachia, so most people would expect a lower population of students due to the location being typically undesirable by students of my age group. However, there is always something fun and constructive to do here.

From my college experience I have gotten a boost in motivation to continue to pursue my education and career goals. The supportive school staff, and equally motivated school mates give me the extra push that I need to stay positive while pursuing my goals. The most valuable reason for me to attend school has been that I have been able to thorougly see something through. Obtaining a college education has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember. The friendships that I have found here are just as valuable because I believe that I have made lifelong friends here.

The staff members at my school are always very helpful and attentive to students needs. The academic advising and financial aid departments especially helpful.

Lamond

This school has a great career center, and great advisors were you can learn about all the programs offered at the school.

That's a question that I often ask myself. I guess the main piece of advice that I would give myself, is to just stay focused. Focused on your your future goals. Don't worry about all the pressure of the college life, keep your head up, and everything will work out. College is not going to easy, but all your hard work will pay off.

The changing degree requirements. It has been about 5 years since I last attend this college to now. Therefore, some of my previous credits do not count towards the program now.

Allison

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there are a lot of things I would tell myself. I would tell myself not to listen to others, they will most likely lead you down the wrong path. Even if it isn't the wrong path, it is not your path to go down. You make your own way, and all of that starts just after high school. I would also tell myself to do homework, school is not a daycare center after high school. Your college professors give you your work, expect you to do it, and don't really care if you don't do it . There won't be anyone there to hold your hand through the tough assignments. You will have friends to help along the way, but most of them are just as lost as you are. Remember, you are the one paying for this, get your money's worth!!

There really isn't anything that I wished I had known before going back to college. I started college before as a fresh out of high school graduate. I knew a little about what to expect.

There is no one that shouldn't attend Mountain State. It has a very diverse campus. There are students with all types of social and ethnic backgrounds.

Charles

My classmates are good students with a positive mind set towards learning and making a difference in everyday life.

I would tell myself to make the most of my senior year because it is the fondation of the rest of life both in everyday life and educational. I would also try to stress the importantance of getting as much education as I can due to the fact the world is an ever changing place and one never knows what they may need to know to survive.

The person that has the drive to learn and make a difference in the world they live in.

Mountain State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.