Beckley, WV
Mountain State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mountain State University

Holly

I would most definitely advise myself to be prepared for the college expenses and start some sort of savings plan. If possible I would of began the ultrasound program two years ago instead of doing it now.

The financial aid people are not very reliable. It is very difficult to get ahold of them when needing help with something. I am a student taking online classes and it is very difficult for me to get in touch with anyone on campus. I always get someone's voicemail rather than talking to them. This is very frustrating!

The online classes have been a very convenient way for me to continue my education while working a part time job. I often tell others about Mountain States numerous selection of online programs and classes to choose from.

Valerie

My classmates are determined, intelligent, and supportive.

My classmates are determined, intelligent, and supportive.

Mountain State University is first and formost known for excellent academics. The athletic arena is well known as well. My school is located in Beckley, West Virginia, which is known for beautiful four seasons climate. Diverse and supportive people are abundant at MSU.

As a high school senior, you are faced with so many possibilities and so many directions for your life. I remember sitting at my graduation wondering, "Now what?" The uncertainity of college life and what to expect was overwhelming. Would my friends and I stay in touch? What should my area of study be? How will I adjust to being away from home? If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, I'd tell myself to just breathe and embrace whatever comes your way, good or bad. College life is about making new connections and learning experiences. Embracing all the experiences that come your way is the best way to get the most out of your college days. Every experience will teach us and help us grow as a person. It will mold us into a better, more well-rounded adult. Both the positive and negative will teach us valuable lessons about life and what direction we want to take. College life is what you make it. Take away the best experiences and learn from the rest.

samantha

I would work harder at finding the right school with scholarships and financial aid so my parents wouldnt have to work so har...

I would work harder at finding the right school with scholarships and financial aid so my parents wouldnt have to work so hard.

I enjoy college and meeting all the new people fromdifferent places and doing my clinicals.

small, not very helpful with scholarships and financial aid.

Lacy

Liked that most of the classes were on-line so i can still work full-time

Liked that most of the classes were on-line so i can still work full-time

make sure you have what it takes to complete your degree vefore you sign up

Not being able to talk to a person in person what to ask a question

Micealia

The first thing is to find colleges with the degree that is being seeked out. Then look at their website, ask for information, and take a tour of the campus.You can never be to thorough. Then layout your options and find the pros and cons of each and make a decision unless their is no need because you have already decided. Then one must get all supplies needed. The one thing i find most helpful in college is a computer of my own even though their is computers on campus it is easier to do work in your own space. Secondly a cell phone and bank account are very helpful expecially if you get money from your parents and are away from home. The cell is great for emergencies or just to call home and tell your parents how great everything is going.

Some one who is looking for a great learning experience. Small classes are provided for more one on one time between students and teachers no one is ever left out. Some one looking to make a lifetime of connections with people and who are driven to succeed. At MSU they provide groups and organizations to fit everyone's needs so no one is ever left alone. Their is always someone thier to help you with whatever is needed.

The fact that they do not have all the sports that most schools have. For instance, we do not have a football or baseball team. However, we do have a men's basketball team men's and women's soccer and track teams as well as women's volleyball and softball.

Jacob

I feel as though I was adequately prepared for everything.

I feel as though I was adequately prepared for everything.

Someone who is not disciplined to work hard will not do well at this school.

Always think positive, and try hard. You will be pleasantly surprised at what you can accomplish!

Wesley

They are very helpful and willing to answer questions.

They are very helpful and willing to answer questions.

To find the right college you must go outside your comfort zone. Find something that would challenge you to meet new people as well as challenge you academically. The last bit is to make sure that the school has an internship program in place that can help you find jobs not only in the area but outside the area as well.

I think that you should make the most of college by all means but do it safe and smart, and to remember that you are there for a education not a degree in social skills! Also, make sure the college suits both you personal traits and you education studies.

I don't think it's fair to say that a kind of person shouldn't attend this school or any other school, MSU is not like that!

The amount of parking is very limited!

Janet

Visit the campus you plan on attending several times if possible. Take a tour of the dorms and building to see what shape the buildings are in. Talk to students that are currently enrolled in the field of study you are interested in pursuing. Look at the community the college or university is located in and see if it is a place you would like to live. I also feel it is very important to look at the crime rate of the college and the community where it is located. Finally, dont go so far from home that you cant visit often.

The classes are very convenient for people who work

Mountain State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.