Mountain View College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mountain View College

Jaz

Great college that was a good start to my college career. I started attending this college at the age of fourteen and will graduate in about a month. I have had a marvelous time here and look forward to the next step in my life. I had some good professors and some tough ones but I learned a lot attending this school. I made a smart decision choosing this college. They have a good dual credit program.

I really like the college. The college focuses on empowering people an transforming communities, which is what they do. This college is really about impacting the world abroad. They host many community events. Associations and groups come from all over to raise awareness about their services and programs at the college. The U.S Army and other organizations come to the college to make sure students know their programs and organization exist. Overall, Mountain View College is a really great school

kaila

I moved to Dallas and enrolled in Mountain View maybe four to five months after my high school graduation in 2016. I was 18 at the time. Only thing I knew was I have a new life and I had to start it off right. But sometimes, Starting off right can sometimes go left. By me being a late bloomer, still, I had a lot of growing up to do ever since we moved. Things were so different compared to New Orleans. I graduated, had an ACT score of an 18, and I thought I was good to go to the university of my dreams. That was until I realized university classes cost much more than community college classes. Initially, enrolling in a community college wasn’t even my first choice. So once the summer passed, my family and I started packing to go find better opportunities. Once I enrolled in the winter for Spring semester, I had to take a placement test. Three sections and I failed all three. So much for graduating before 2020 I’d say. Didn’t realize how serious the test was until after the fact. Then, I was taking at least three developmental courses that I thankfully passed out of the end of Spring semester. Fast forward to this year with with only three months left, and I’m now in regular college classes. In the beginning, I didn’t know a soul that could help me with enrollment and I was already dealing getting my high school transcripts that I had to wait for the past a month and a half for. I guess you could say I had it hard, but I got the hang of everything as semesters went by I guess. Since my cloudy thunderstorms went away, I’m way past doing fine. I’m great. I remember taking the bus to go talk to both my academic and financial adviser, and walking around asking for directions to the office in the campus building on a blazing, hot day to just get inside were the cool air was. Soon as I was able to get inside, there were people offering to help me with everything that I needed to know. As for all the teachers that I’ve experienced, they never left my side. Cafeteria food is great if you like spending money on Subway everyday to buy a footlong. The only one true best friend I have on campus to this day is the campus bookstore. Never have I ever seen so many delicious snacks, brand new textbooks, and school supplies all in one place. You can even make orders online too. School events are cool when there’s free food - unlimited free food that is. Staff members are completely nice and thorough with you if you show up with the right attitude. I don’t that much about the sports, but I haven’t heard one winning streak since the day I started my attendance. There’s a great fitness center that’s open regularly Monday through Sunday and every vending machine everywhere you go as soon as you leave. Overall, it's an amazing college. I couldn’t ask for anything better.

Angelika

I like the academics and professors there, I like how it's a let's learn environment. That's just how it is a Mountain View, learn, discuss what you learned, and then go home. I'm not in any clubs but I bet they're very similar to that let's get it and go attitude.

Jimiesha

I believe that Mountain View is a good school for someone who is like me, in that they do their schoolwork, attend their classes, and carries on with their day. I was not really involved in many extracurricular activities, but they also do not have many things to participate in unless it is art driven.

Valerie

I came into Mountain View College thinking It would not hold up to mu standards, but I actually love it. I love how small the classes are and how the professors are always available when necessary, not to mention that they reply to emails fairly quick.

Kelsi

The campus itself is huge and it takes a while to walk to your next class, but on the way there, there is never a dull moment. You have countless colleges in the hallways to talk to you, sometimes you see old friends from your home school, police are happy to assist you with anything. I love seeing and talking to professors who aren't even my teacher, I like how they give the welcoming feel every time you step on campus. The activities MVC has are always something you'd want to attend. One thing I've learned is that MVC will feed you until your hearts desire. The administration team is very nice and always willing to help, whether its school work, grades, dropping a class or writing a recommendation letter. I'd definitely recommend Mountain View for an freshman in college, it's a great money-saving choice.

Tochy

Mountain view is a community college for those who want to go to get a higher education but don't want to spend the University cost. Amazingly nice faculty who care for every student. The teachers are amazingly nice and helpful and are willing to push students to do their best. Overall amazing school with very nice community.

wendy

Great community to be around with. Advisors are there to help as well as our financial aid office for any questions we have. Our

Nathalie

Mountain View College is an awesome college, they offer many clubs and activities on campus to get the students involved. Every teacher and employee cares deeply about each student and wants to see every single one suicide. The campus offers many places to study. The school has benches outside with beautiful scenery, and even quiet places in the library. Mountain View is a good starter college to get basics done because of their reasonable tuition and book prices. Mountain View overall is a great school for students to consider first to save money, and still get the same level of education.

Tiffany

Mountain View College is an institution where students are very self-oriented and courses allow flexibility for all. Mountain View College is a community college that gives scholars from low-income families a chance to pursue a higher education. The professors at Mountain View College are distinguished in their fields and the courses are challenging enough to give students the opportunity to think critically about the world around them. There are also many helpful centers around campus to enrich academic development, such as the Ink Spot that assists students with writing. These centers are easily located on campus to provide students with easy access. I would recommend Mountain View College to any individual who has ever felt they could not attend college due to their grades or their inability to pay tuition. Mountain View College is a stepping stone for various opportunities in higher education.

Melissa

The best!! I was so eager to learn and I'm finally here. Professors have helped me a lot and I love being here!

mickah

Mountain view is a great college. I meet so many inspiring people that I will keep as friends for a life time . MVC is always providing things for the students to enjoy which my favorite are the welcome party and spirit week . The teachers wants to see you thrive and leave the school to get a job or a higher education.

Valerie

it is a great college. i love getting involve in things like in sports and clubs. the teachers and the students are really friendly always available to helping others. the soccer team is really good i enjoy going to there games. i love the environment.

Silver

This college is a great school. With its many faculties that help every student in every way they can, its clubs and honor societies, the growing student clubs organizations, and the building hours are very convenient for any student. This little community college even offers free organic foods that anyone can grab.

Anahi

mountain view college is a really good community college to go to. they have so may activities going on such as clubs, fun outside activities, and so much more. there are so many nice people and so far the professors are really cool. they care about your education and mountain view college will help you with anything you need help on or need help to transfer to a 4 year.

Mikayla

I think its a great school. It can help a lot in times of need. I believe that the school will help me a lot if I do attend I know people who are in this school and have the ability to work and go to school. The campus is good and the class size is amazing its just enough people to learn and ask questions when needed.

Jonathan

My honest opinion concerning this college is the following: The college is a good budget school to go to in order to get a taste of what college might be like. With that being said, I put emphasis on the budget part of the school. The professors are not always the best, nor are the academics or the extracurricular activities, but this is not to say that the school is not good for a solidly, real experience. Definitely give it a go if it is within your neighborhood.

Tommy

When i first came to Mountain View I got lost but most the the people were nice enough to help me to figure the campus. The math center and the writing center really helped me when I was stuck on a math problem or didn't have the right sentence structure for an essay( like the difference from Apa style to Mla or Chicago Style.) I also found the clubs were nice and ranged from phi theta kappa to asian anime club. Plus the gym was free to use if your a student.

Mountain View College is a great place to learn. The professors are welcoming and available when needed. The faculty and staff are wonderful and very helping! The school facilities are fantastic. There are a variety of sports and the coaches will let you try out if you ask. The clubs have won many awards as well. This is overall a great community College to attend.

Edgar

It is a great starting point to Your future success . You will save yourself a lot of money by going to a community college . The best thing about it is that is totally safe to be around campus . There are great staff that help you around, students often look out for each other . Overall it’s a great experience .

Connie

Mountain View College is a great campus for a community college. It right near my house and it a decent size campus and class sizes. Many of the professors are easy to communicate with either through email or office hours. They are always there to help and provide anything that you need. It is a great place to start when you do not really know much about college the advisors are there to help with your degree plan or just help you plan for your class that semester.

Ruben

I love college life I used to love high school as well but this new environment makes me never want to return to high school I have so much freedom and I feel more accountability than I ever did in high school. I feel like everything I achieve is on my own and it makes the grades I get that much better.

Zachary

Mountain view college has many different organizations for students to join that are very engaging. College professors are always there to assist students and will help encourage students to reach their highest potential. Also the advising staff on campus is there to help students choose classes that will better themselves.

Aashutosh

It's a great place for low income students who eventually want to attend a 4 year university. The faculty is really great. And the professors are more than willing to help you in need. If you are an active student you'll have a great time here.

My overall opinion of Mountain View College is that it's a great college to begin your post-secondary learning. Most graduating seniors or even adults may have anxiety when it comes to the big step of going to college. But, the advisors and staff are there to help every step of the way. They make sure you are knowledgeable regarding the steps you have to take and make you feel comfortable to ask questions. You're treated like a person and not an I.D. number. There are plenty of organizations to be involved with throughout the campus that are constantly helping the community. The professors are great too. They don't mind being contacted by email or by having a meeting if you have questions regarding anything. Although it's a community college, it doesn't lack that college feel. You still get the experience of being in college, but don't have to worry about the big class sizes. I would recommend this college to anyone I knew.

Valerie

It is a great place to be I cant wait until I star college on the fall of 2019. Something I'm more excited about I to meet new people and start preparing for my future and to be a grate nurse to all the kids with disabilities. I'm also excited to learn about different cultures and activities and sport that the is on campus.

Kristina

I get exactly what I need in this college when it comes to my academics. It's a college for people who want to get things done. It's not so much about having fun and partying. The professors are also very helpful for the most part. Classrooms aren't very large, so that also allows professors to be able to the students.

Ximena

When I first got to Mountain View college I was scared because I did not have someone who could guide me over the steps at getting in to Mountain View, and my classes. There were staff who helped me out and made registration easier for me. The class sizes are excellent and the staff is always available for questions or help.

Miguel

Over all this school is very good you learn alot from the college and you can go to a tutoring for TSI so you can get dual credit class and get hours for it. You learn so much and your professor can help with what you are struggling with and explain it better in a way you can understand.

Ashanti

It’s a good school to start you’re college career at but not if you want to get your doctorate

Karina

Ever since my first year attending Mountain View, I've had nothing but good things to say about the school. The professors are always available, kind, and willing to help. The students I've met have been friendly and I've even made a few close friends here. All in all, I rate the college a 10/10 or 5 stars. Though my time at the school is nearing its end, Mountain View College is a school I'd recommend to my friends and family to attend.