Huntington, WV
Mountwest Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mountwest Community and Technical College

Dorthea

i believe Mountwest Community and Technical College has given me the opportunity to return to school it has showed me that my dream and goal are achievable and that no matter what age you are you can do it with work and effort

Amber

It is a great commumity college. The staff is so friendly and willing to help. The parking is great with a lot of spaces. The campus food is amazing, the cooks work really hard and are very passionate about their jobs. The academics are amzing. There is variety of clubs and organizations to join.

Mary

It offers many other areas of study that most colleges do not.

It offers many other areas of study that most colleges do not.

Regret nothing, live positivly, be smart. I would have used my promise scholarship starting out at mountwest instead of waisting it at marshall university and losing it. Now I struggle to come up with enough money to pay for school and I will have to pay loans back in the future. Please help me with this scholarship! Thank you for your time and giving me the opportunity to fill out this survey to be in the running to get this scholarship.

Someone with an open mind and a positive attitude toward life.

Lisa

Knowing what I know now, I would have changed so many things now that I look back at being a senior in high school. I would have told myself to slow down, find my passion, and be open to new things. I did not enjoy high school as much as I do college. I would have told myself to get ready to experience an entire new world. This new world of college that I love so much. I would have told myself that I would meet some incredible people, that would change the way I connect and inteact with life in general. Lastly, if I could tell the person I was in high school the most important advice, I would tell myself that I would not be alone. That my family would stand by my side ,and help me every step of the way. College is not about how many friends you make or how quickly you graduate. It is about personal growth, and experience.

Mary

I would have attended Mountwest instead of Marshall university. That would have saved me a lot of time and money

the location, becuase I recently moved an happen to live a lot close to the school now.

Diana

If I had a chance to talk to my younger self, I would say " You really need to go on to college now, because later in life you will find job opportunities slim to nonexsitant. The reason being down sizing in every industry including health care. So get your nursing degree while you are young and you will probably still have a job in 30 years."

The worst thing is that by West Virginia legislature Marshall Community and Technical College has to move off the Marshall University Campus. This will happen at the begining of the fall semister of 2010. I hope this does not affect the quality of programs that are offered.

Technical problems that occur on the website due to them having to break away from Marshall University.

Daniel

I would probably tell myself in high school to get a 22 or higher on the ACT, maybe work a little bit harder. I did not realize how important one number, ACT scores, was until I came here. Without the Promise scholarship, paying for college is even more difficult.

The best thing about my school is that it has only been around for three years. I love how they have a hospitality management program. They offer either a hotel management or culinary arts option.

Mountwest Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.