Mt San Antonio College Top Questions

Kayla

At Mt. SAC, class registration is probably the most difficult thing. Because we're such a large school, classes fill up quickly! However there are several ways around this, and many of them are painless. If you play a sport, playing for one of the teams will get you priority registration. Running for a student government position is also helpful. Other ways of receiving priority are through - having a documented disability, participating in EOPS, joining one of the several music ensembles (some of which require no musical background!), or seniority (meaning you have over 40 units!).

George

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the parking situation. In the first month of each semester it's very difficult finding parking.

julio

The school has worst professor that would not like to help student and just continue with there lecture. There should be professional professor for students.

Alma

The most frustrating this about this school is parking, but I think that goes for most campuses now. Other than parking, the way you are treated by some staff can be frustrating. Some actually treat you as if you were still a high school student and that is a great disappointment. It's mostly a commuter campus, so most people are not friendly there as you would experience at a four year school.

Max

The most frustrating thing about my shcool is the budget cuts. Due to this, students, like myself, find themselves in situations in which it becomes diffcult to enroll in classes that are in high demand and needed to graduate. For example, thousands of students from California State Universities transfer to community colleges; this transition causes impacted classes which are harder to enroll in. The budget cuts not only cause an increase in school tuition but also a decrease in financial aid from the government and thus, becomes harder on the student to continue to go to school.

Jazmin

The most frustrating about Mt. SAC would be all the constuction done on campus. It is almost a sore eye fthat takes away from the rest of the beautiful campus. That is frustrating.

Christopher

The most frustrating thing about my current college is trying to get the classes you need to transfer to a four-year institution. Ever since the 2009 Budget Cuts, they cut down on teachers and classes. This makes over hundreds of students attempting to get the same class as you when there's only 90 spots open. Every time a semester starts, there is at least 20 non-registered students trying to add your class on the first day with hopes to get in. Usually their hopes gets crushed. I was one of them.

Kimberly

The most frustrating things about school is not being able to consintrate 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} because of money. I can't put all my thoughts into studying because I hav eto worry about how I am going to pay the bills.

Mehwish

I can't get into the classes I need!!! But I guess I would have a bad priority registration date at any school :(