Mt San Antonio College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mt San Antonio College

Kaylee

I've been taking classes here for 2 years now. I am in the special admit program and I honestly really enjoy the opportunities that are offered to students. Its very nice to have a college option in a good area. The professors are pretty nice just depends on who you choose, always make sure to check rate my professor first.

Ernest

Mt. SAC

Kevin

It's a good school for studying. Experience more about academics. There are so many people in this school. The teachers are nice and helpful. I heard that many teachers don't teach in college, but all my teachers are great. I really feel that I'm learning. It's cheaper here. I can feel that I got my money back in academics.

Isabel

It is a good school for a community college. The location is not the worst, there are many great places to eat at. There is a Starbucks on campus, but it does not have all the items. I highly recommend you go to one off campus. The weather is extreme, in the summer it is really hot and in the winter it is really cold. The campus is not too big, but it needs to be safer.

It's very student oriented, everything is geared towards the success of the students. The professors really care if you understand the coursework. Professors will bend over backwards for you. The free tutoring is especially beneficial to everyone's success.

I love this place!!! The professors are fantastic. I have spent more than two years here full time, and I have had only one bad professor. The rest were passionate and dedicated, and just great teachers. I love how many events we have going on at any given time on campus. Parking is meh; recently they made a new lot but it's far off. However Mt. SAC also offers a free bus pass. The only major complaint I have is that the library is really, really tiny. Every seat is taken when I've gone in. But otherwise, great campus, great faculty, great resources... I'm proud to be a Mountie!

Pamela

I am most grateful that I chose to go to Mt. San Antonio College first before I step foot in bigger universities. Mt. SAC has everything a freshman, sophomore, returning student, or whoever, needs! The services they offer helped me pave my way into finding the right path, and I am sure that I will be successful! They have people in every department who are easily accessible and very helpful with my needs and questions. This college also has a great atmosphere, where people are very accepting of each other and are willing to help you every step of the way!

Pablo

Great school with lots of class choices and a numerous opportunities to succeed. Mt Sac makes it very easy to get into school, offering a lot of financial aid and assistance with school related expenses. Mt. Sac was one of the first Community Colleges in the area to partner with Foothill Transit to offer an inexpensive bus pass for commuter students like myself.

Yolanda

I believe that overall it can be a good place to study because of all the natural space. I also think that the amount of people who attend in the fall fluctuates dramatically due to the over crowdedness in the beginning of the school year. I think people wouldn't choose to come to this school unless they live nearby and have no other options.

Mason

Overall, it may not be the best school nor the most exciting, but there are definitely silver linings to find in a lot of the gray. My biggest gripes are the parking is atrocious, registration can be a pain early on and many students are not very active in getting to know each other. Joining clubs is highly recommended to meet new people all around since it is a community college. However, the school gets the job done by offering many educational opportunities and programs from Bridge Program, to Arise, to Aces, to Honors and many more.

Jonathan

Overall this is a great college. This community college can help save you money and time. The professors are always willing to help, the facilities are pretty good for a 2 year college. The only major issue is that classes as well as parking are always full.

Fantastic campus really brings out the student in you as it has many opportunities for you to include yourself such as programs for your major or other extra curricular activities. The campus is great along with the people in it. The teaching staff is very helpful when it comes to your student needs they are always there when you need extra help on a material you need help more on. Overall, Mt San Antonio College t is a lot cheaper than 4-year universities, the professors are more lenient, and because you have more time to figure out what you want to major in. Because students only pay for the classes they actually need, which are at most $100 each, you end up saving thousands of dollars which is efficient to students.

William

From the time I first walked the grounds, I felt comfortable. Having a history of panic attacks and having to home school due to illness, I was very concerned about going back to a brick-and-mortar school. However, all the facility and student workers are very helpful. The Student Services building is amazing. Whenever I need counseling, assessment testing, job searching, or help with financial aid, they are right there to assist. You never have to wait in a long line as they are adequately staffed. The professors are helpful and knowledgeable. Your student schedule with have the professor's email address, so you always have the ability to communicate when needed. I feel tranquil when I am here. Not only does that make me feel good and set me up to succeed, but it also makes my mom happy!

Karla

Mt. San Antonio College is a great community college, the campus is beautiful. The moment you step foot on campus you feel welcomed and safe. People are friendly, the food is great, conversations are intellectual. Very great college. The professors are very active in student life and up to date on today’s world to bring important discussions into the classroom.

Karen

Mt. SAC is an amazing school with professors who want to see you achieve. The only problem with Mt. SAC is that there is always very little parking. The waiting list is always full if you don't receive priority registration. You are lucky to even get into the class that you need. Hopefully they'll add more professors for subjects.

Danielle

Overall Opinion: Great school with plenty of resources for students and a huge campus/curriculum. Why: Before I was a student at Mt. Sac, I was an accounting major in Orange County. I hated my major so I hated school. I was ready to drop out but I gave Mt. Sac a shot and made an appointment with a counselor. My experience with counselors at my Orange County school were never that great so I wasn’t expecting much from this appointment. Suffice it to say, the appointment changed my life. When I expressed my frustration in my current major, he asked me a few questions and introduced me to a major I had never heard of before. It was everything I was looking for in a degree. Since then, I graduated from Mt. Sac with an Associates Degree, transferred a 4-yr, and am about to start my first quarter my new school. Thanks Mt. Sac!

melissa

The Architecture program at Mt. San Antonio College exceeds expectations. The program boast some of the highest transfer-rates where students are transferring into some of the top universities across the States. The curriculum is continually being worked on so that students are learning material that is relevant and up-to-date. Students transferring from the Mt. SAC architecture program will acquire the skills and work ethics that are highly sought out by other universities. The architecture program at Mt. SAC provides wonderful amenities. The computer labs is almost always available to students. The student architecture club offers field trips to famous architectural sites at an affordable price. They also offer campus trips to other universities, so that students can get a better understanding of where they would like to transfer to. Overall, Mt. SAC has an amazing architecture program, and I being someone who has personally experienced it, would highly recommend it to others.

daisy

I believe that Mt. San Antonio college is a college that I would definitely recommend to a friend. The campus provides numerous workshops to help with just about anything. They also have great connections with many universities making transferring smoothly.

Janice

It’s a very good school with lots of friendly and helpful people. There is so much diversity and uniqueness that everyone just bond together over that. The campus is very nice and clean, and you would feel safe being inside the campus or out. The academics are great, but with almost if not more than 60,000 students it's kind of hard for us to find parking or available classes. But overall, its a perfectly good school.

Jassmine

I like the quality of the education, but the negatives are becoming a deal-breaker for me. After my CSU experience out of high school, I’ve utilized Mt. SAC for credits for almost a decade. I’m not receiving financial aid, I pay out of pocket, so my money can go elsewhere. There just isn’t enough parking. They give out tickets even if you’re parked safely and have a permit to park, knowing there isn’t enough parking stalls for the students. At one point Lot M was a gravel parking lot (disrespectful), then they paved Lot M instead of building a parking structure (asinine). They give out tickets saying to park in Lot M. I don’t think they’re actually aware of how terrible Lot M is and isn’t a logical option for everyone. During peak hours there’s only parking WAY in the back of Lot M, easily about a mile away from my closest class (nonsense). Nearly half a mile just to reach the SHUTTLE that takes you to the campus. As a parent, or anyone that can experience an emergency, this is NOT an option. Mind you, students are no longer allowed to park in one of the closer lots because it’s for “construction only” (and still 80% empty). At this point, it’s extremely disrespectful of Mt. SAC to not only have inadequate parking for their students, but to ticket us and hold us accountable for their inadequacies. Also, their terrible, but helpful, app was archaic and is now useless because it hasn’t been upgraded in years. I know 12 year olds that could design and code a better app than Mt. SAC’s. And allowing the app to just die, makes me wonder if students are even a priority anymore at this school. Mt. SAC still attracts bright, creative people from all over the world. They also acquire great athletes, but the athletic programs aren’t what they used to be. Which is weird, since they’ve leveled Hilmer Lodge and it’s surrounding fields to erect the new, modern Hilmer Lodge. However, that appears to be more for the fanfare of the Olympic trials and them trying to reinvigorate the Mt.SAC Relays rather than for the student-athletes. Mt. SAC was like a cheaper Cal Poly Pomona (many CPP teachers teach at SAC). It was high quality education and the campus was always being improved. It’s still a decent education and they’re always constructing something, but how they continue to ignore our pleads for at least one parking structure, and the unnecessary, excessive citations, tells me they don’t have the same concern for the students that they’ve had in the past. It’s just enough concern to please themselves and the city. I can’t imagine coming back after finishing this semester. If they give me another ticket for their inadequacies, I can’t even see myself even finishing this semester and I only have 10 credits left to transfer. It’s that bad.

Nathan

When I go to Mt San Antonio College, it brings me a second home to meet new people and I'm blessed to have an opportunity to even learn about myself and caring about people in my life. The students at school have the same determination as I do. Mt San Antonio gave me the chance to change my life and fulfill my dreams completely when I graduated from high school. I had a hard time speaking up for myself, but thanks to the people around my life gave me the confidence to be myself again.

Aliyah

Mt. Sac is a great school that has minor issues like any other school. There are great professors that are willing to do what they can to help you. I had a professor that was amazing so now I am taking another one of his other courses. These last three semesters have been great.

Isabella

I find that Mt. SAC is the perfect combination of a big and fun campus while maintaining a very personal and involved education environment. I love being able to walk around campus and enjoy the beautiful facilities such as the observatory, the library, and the farm. There are so many wonderful programs, clubs, and extracurricular opportunities that prove Mt. SAC is a place for everyone.

Amador

I believe the Mount San Antonio College is a great school but it has a bad repetition because of its students.The only reason I put one star for housing is because they have nine because it’s community college but if they did have housing I believe it would be worse because of all the students that do drugs and drink alcohol. I believe that one section The only reason I put one star for housing is because they have nine because it’s community college but if they did have housing I believe it would be worse because of all the students that do drugs and drink alcohol. I believe that mt San Antonio College should be a private school instead of a community college.

Ei

Absolutely love this school. It is always well kept clean. The professors are well-qualified and very caring. About 99% of the students are motivated, respectful, and are at school to learn. There are many extracurricular opportunities, study abroad, free tutoring in every subject, helpful programs, and accommodations for any student needs.

Mt. San Antonio college is a Great school! great Professors! they Truly care about the students willing to help you out in class work as well personal life. All my professors that I had they are willing to help and they never give up on you when you need the help super friendly. Even for DSPS disable student services are very helpful.

Fausto

Overall it is a very nice community college to attend. I don't really know much about living on campus mostly because I commute every day to my classes. Classes are very cheap and offer great amount of learning material. My professors were always to myself and other classmates with any questions or concerns we had.

I love Mt.SAC. I am going to transfer next year in fall. I really thanks Mt.SAC that has so many wonderful activities, programs, and people helped me a lot. Everything is great and fine, the only terrible thing is the parking.

It's great, but they need a better parking system.

Noemy

I have had really good experience so far. The teachers are great and the students are friendly. The facility is very helpful. I feel very safe walking around campus. And I really appreciate the smoking areas I hate smoke so it nice to know where I can get some fresh air. It is also kept nicely clean

Rose

Small school, super packed driving on the first week of school, but seems like students start leaving by the week. Winter and summer classes are suggested to take because no one takes them, but sign up for classes on the date, because classes will be FILLED. Great variety of classes.

This is my first year at Mt. San Antonio and the campus was very welcoming . Students are happy to help , kind and caring. I was even able to make friends fairly quickly due to the welcoming atmosphere. Overall I like the school, however I wish there was a bigger variety to the food at school.

Daniel

Mt Sac is a great school with so many resources and opportunities all it takes is for you to look for them. The school has alot to offer and has everything you need to succeed, it is a reminder that the only thing that is holding someone back is their selves.

Rebecca

Overall, it's a nice school. Most of the teachers are good at what they do and supportive, but there's a lot who aren't that great, more than there should be I think. The buildings themselves are pretty nice, and it's a mostly nice campus to walk through, but the campus is pretty dirty for the most part. The food is okay. The main problem is the school is overcrowded, and there isn't nearly enough parking. There's always some pointless construction going on.

Kira

I genuinely love Mt. Sac. The student life is great, the teachers are amazing and they offer a variety of classes. I ALWSYS get the classes I want. (Thank you priority registration) and I enjoy most of the classes I have taken thus far. It is a great school.

Aya

My San Antonio College is a great school as there are a numerous amount of resources available to the students. It’s a big beautiful campus that is constantly renovating and trying to improve in all areas. I am a student athlete at Mt. Sac and although it is tough to get classes due to high demand, athletes get priority which makes it much easier to get into a class. Chooses Mt. Sac has been the best decision I have ever made.

Mt San Antonio is now my second home. I would have never expected to meet the friends I have now and enjoy the classes I do. Mt. SAC offers so much help. Whether it's from math tutors to English tutors, the school really wants you to excel. I encourage anyone to start your education here.

Marvis

My San Antonio college is a good school to attend because the teachers care. This is my first year and i felt very welcomed by the student body. Classmates were helpful with campus directions and figuring out class schedule. I came in the summer to play football and really enjoy the sport culture.

vanessa

Mt San Antonio College is honestly underrated, people don't talk very highly about this school but it does so much in providing for the students. The professors I took have gone above and beyond to help me achieve my goals and become a better student. The environment is really nice and everything is welcoming, I love my school.

Crystal

Mount San Antonio College has been a second home to me for the two years that I have attended, they really care for all their students. All the professors have been extremely helpful and understanding with every single student. Mount San Antonio College provides the most helpful and amazing programs on campus like REACH, EOPS, Mountie Mentor and many more!

Oscar

Mt. San Antonio College is a great place to be. A really good community that is there to help it people succeed whether it is in sports or academics. This community college has the best offers in sports than any other community college does. They are just outstanding they really help us athletes stay on track with everything we need to helps us take on the challenges life throws at us while in college. I am very grateful to be able to be part of this wonderful community and ready for the greatest it is going to take me one day.

Priscilla

I love mt Sac I have learned lot inside and outside the classroom. it has taught to me to be a leader, an activist and understand diversity even more. I feel honored to be a student at Mtsac.

Danni

My first impression and what grounded my safety within the campus was its diversity between student and faculty. no matter where I turned when I was lost there was always someone there to help me, and the clubs and organizations were never secluded to a certain group or students it was open to anyone looking to learn or who just needed support; sometimes there could be a student who was in three different clubs and had an on campus job with no hassle. Within my first year I found my group of friends who are also my support system and I am apart of theirs, the family mentality and positivity can be felt throughout the campus. And as for the Professors you can tell that they're passionate about their works and how they teach it. Never have I ever been so challenged yet astonished about what I've learned from here. Lastly the overall safety of the students is top priority, there is always campus police or staff whos job is to help those in need weather it's being escorted to your car after a long day of classes after dark and your car seems pretty far, or to generous cart rides from staff helping the lost students to their classes. this campus has taught me to open up to what's around me and how to reach out for the support I need.

jay

Mt. San Antonio College provides a comfortable learning experience and a safe zone with a diversity of students. Many professors willing to go beyond the classroom to teach and form a connection with students. Compared to many other colleges, they offer a wide variety of courses, recreational or academic-wise. Their facilities are always improving to make the environment safer and cleaner. They have emergency phones located all throughout campus and have easily accessible response team.

Angel

I have a positive opinion of Mt San Antonio College. I've heard great things about Mt San Antonio from friends and family and many have recommended I apply. I've seen San Antonio and I think it's a great place for me to pursue my education. Mt San Antonio College is my first choice for community college.