Mt San Jacinto Community College District Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mt San Jacinto Community College District

Haley

Good School, plenty of GREAT resources and the learning center, and all my professors have had our best interest in mind. the Cafe is a little dated but the they have put a lot of time and money into the science and art programs so its understandable and appreciated. I would definitely recommend

Nestor

I enjoy going to msjc. The cafeteria has a lot of activity, where students go and enjoy conversing with their friends and open arms to anyone who wants to join. I am disappointed that they do not have a lot of extracurricular activities, especially the ones around my hobbies. There are shopping districts nearby, but not like malls or anything. I say the most recognizable are several restaurants in the area, Stater Bros. and great places to eat. There is a Starbucks near here, so that is another good thing. I am more focus on doing my studies. The library is the perfect place to conduct my studies since it is quiet and I don't have the sense of isolation. I just like to have people around me so I won't have complete quiet and able to ask for help when I needed them. Overall, even though this college might have some flaws, it is a great place to continue my education, surprisingly affordable, and a comforting environment for me. It is better for me to study here than at home.

Marissa

Clean, professors are available at some point of the day, library/LCR is very noisy. There is no interesting clubs or sororities that help with transfers/tutoring. Food is acceptable but microwave is dirty for students that heat up food, doesn't look clean.

Ariel

All Around good school

Diana

It is pretty great for a community college. Not too packed nor too empty.

Gladys

I go to the Menifee Campus of MSJC and have been to the San Jacinto Campus for events as well. There are many very good instructors at MSJC and I learned a lot, from the English courses especially. Campus life is active and there's lots to do. Currently, I'm a part of the creative writing class and the creative writing club. Both of these have had big roles in improving my writing. This is the first club I've joined and I love the atmosphere of it. We're all very supportive of each other. The events that the campuses hold are also very interesting, from book readings to author meetings. Overall, I think that the campus is very good if you're looking for something close to continue your education.

Dayna

Its mostly a place for adults trying to further their education or kids fresh out of high school just going there so they can transfer soon. In one of my classes the teacher asked how many of us planned to transfer and nearly all of us raised our hands (this was a class of 21 students) those that didn't raise their hands were adults with kids and a house. People tend to already have their friend groups, its a friendly campus, but you won't find very many people trying to build friendships in or outside the classroom. As far as professors go they're very credible at least all the ones I've had, even the bad ones. On some level they all care about their students and grades and are willing to put in the time to help you if you do the same. The functionality on campus is a different story. The library printers only accept dollar bills and often break. There's normally a line in the morning so you have to get there right when it opens to be able to print and get your 8am class on time. Other than that, no real complaints.

Jonathan

I have little complaints about this school. The food is great, the classes are excellent, the professors care for you, and the staff are involved. There are usually events going on each week, though I only go to the San Jacinto and Banning campus, The Banning campus could use more buildings, and the San Jacinto campus could use a touch up and a fresh coat of paint. Otherwise, it's pretty good.

Beau

Mt. San Jacinto is a place where both young, old, and disabled, gather to learn in a common environment. The campus itself is lovely. It has a very clean environment and the classrooms are easy to find. On the first day of class, many students are ready and present. There are many different stories to hear because of the age experience and disabilities someone has. The students involved in the campus are very politically involved. At one point, the Psychology club even had their doors open for people who wanted to talk about their emotions about the election. The cafeteria is not the best place to eat. Mostly because the food they serve is either processed or deep fried. Yet despite that, there are many who flock to it's tables just to talk and hang out. Making it either a place of study, or even games. A surprising sight would be to see a 32 Inch HDTV sitting in the cafeteria one hour, and then by the end of the day, it vanishes. The College boasts a learning resource center that is open for all students of any major, or interest. All that is required of the individual is their student ID card! There have been many students who have sighed sighs of relief because they had gotten help from tutors who helped them with their essay. Perhaps assistance for Organic Chemistry is needed? The Learning Resource Center is the place to go. Everyone offers a presence that makes them unique, and that can be easily said about professors. Just like people, there are good and bad apples. In this case, professors are either very imposing, or very supportive. Mt. San Jacinto College houses many professors in different shapes, sizes, and race. Making it a diverse community for any person wanting to excel in academics. Above all, Mt. San Jacinto is an excellent college that offers individuals a stepping stone to a higher education, or a better career.

Jessenia

The students are very friendly and the teacher really do care about the students education. The students could however be more involved in school activities. I also wish there was more languages to learn, beside Spanish, ASL and French. Overall its a good school to get your general education done.

BETHANY

They are overall decent for community colleges, although there are a few areas that need improvement. The food is horrible. There are not many healthy options. The quality of people who work there are hit or miss. I have had very bad experiences and good ones too. In general, if you don't know what you are talking about, sometimes the counselors miss things. There are great people here and there , but the standards could be held higher.

Mt. San Jacinto is a extremely well rounded environment. Throughout my experience I had extraordinary helpful professors. Any time I needed help I could go into their office hours and receive personal help. If your willing to do a little extra work Mt San Jacinto is a great opportunity.The diversity of the school shows acceptance of all cultures. Every student is treated equal.

Sayna

Its a wonderful college with great teachers but not easy to make friends with the students.

Deshawn

This is a great college to attend if the students intentions are to transfer to a university after obtaining a degree of credits. The staff is very helpful and the professors are exceptional. I would recommend this college for any student attempting to obtain an associates degree.

Nadyia

The Mt. San Jacinto Community College District is a large community with a campus in different locations. The professors work hard to meet every student's need academically by offering tutoring hours, deep explanations to class content, as well as extra credit opportunities.

Ian

It is just an average community college. I personally do not have anything to hate about it, but its not like a true college experience where you live in dorms or the like. I love how I can choose my professors and schedule, and it is financially easier.

Laura

I loved my time at MSJC! What truly stood out was how deeply the teachers, administrators, and staff are invested in the success of students. My teachers, particularly related to the Honors Program, went above and beyond to make my educational dreams a reality.

casey

I think the school has potential, but overall because it is so small there is not really a college culture to it. The teachers I have had have been very helpful to my success as a student at the school. I think that is the most important and strongest factor the school has.

Olivia

Mt San Jacinto Community College is a good school. There are plenty of activities, club, and resources available for the students. The counselors are very knowledgeable on helping you take the right classes and are helpful with keeping you on track to graduate at your own speed.

cheyenne

San Jacinto Community College has a great environment. Every time i am here, i cannot help but to have a smile on my face. Everyone here is nice, respectful, and there to help you. I can easily and confidently say that Mount Sn Jacinto is a community i consider my family.

Delia

I attend both the San Jacinto and Menifee college locations and am very pleased with the architecture, the staff, and the overall social environment of the locations. There's always fellow colleagues discussing classes, lectures, ideas and opinions and it's great to hear that inspirational buzz of other individuals enjoying and working towards a similar goal as you. The Mount San Jacinto College District, and their staff, has made it a smooth ride for other people and myself to ensure our best path towards our future.

Codte

I didn't realize how great MSJC was until I attended other colleges. I mean before, I still thought MSJC had a lot of great professors and provided me with freedom and opportunities. Once I left MSJC I saw how rare it was to even get good professors never mind the great educators I had at MSJC. The facilities are all quite nice and much of them are new.

martin

The campus of Mt San Jacinto Community college district has many courses to take starting at $ 46 a unit. you would discover here at MSJC there are many opportunities to grow. If you are a individual that is shy to speak in front of class. A communications class would help you to gain confidence.

Alyssa

Mount San Jacinto is a really good community college. I would recommend people to start here first because it could save you a lot of money. They also have campuses majority all over California which is also really helpful because I do not like driving far away just for classes.

Kelly

It's an okay school. The staff and professors are usually available. It's a pretty diverse campus since it's a community college. There are a lot of different age groups at this campus. The website is pretty dated and not that easy to navigate. Information is not that accessible and since it's a community college the classes should be transferable, but today I learned that I wasted my time and money on a class that doesn't have a transferable credit.

Rebecca

It's a really great, accessible place of learning that allows one to get the education they need, talk to professors, and is overall a great place. The campus life and activities aren't the most active, but if you are going to a community college, then I doubt anyone would really care anyways. There is great access to help and tutoring, and small enough class sizes so that you can get to know your professor and ask questions easily. Great school.

Kirra

I am a second-year student at Mt. San Jacinto College and I attend my classes at the Menifee Valley Campus. When I first became a student, I held a stigma against the community college. As a high school student, my peers and even some of the teachers had talked about Mt. San Jacinto college as if it was not par with four-year universities. However, I learned that the campus is not bad at all it can be quite pleasant. The facilities are not necessarily bad. While the counseling office can be quite busy, it is easy and sufficient to schedule an appointment online or in person. The library, also known as the Learning Reading Center (LRC), provides a comfortable setting for studying and has a vast variety of resources for students. Along with that, tutoring and supplemental instruction are offered for free at the LRC. However, other student services, such as financial aid is not as student-friendly and very impersonal. The cafe is quaint and dated, it offers a variety of foods, such as pizza, burritos, and even soups. In my personal opinion, the cafe is not necessarily amazing but some of the foods offered are quite good and it is convenient. Luckily, the Menifee Valley Campus is nearby numerous shopping areas and restaurants such as Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers, The Habit Burger Grill, and much more. Also, the campus bookstore offers supplies for numerous courses. The school hosts events often like job fairs, club rush, concerts, theater shows, and educational speakers are invited on campus. Every new semester, club rush occurs, with clubs hoping to induct new members. I am aware there are also sports on campus, such as soccer and tennis. However, because I am not an athlete, I cannot provide much information on this aspect. As for the social scene, I found MSJC to be quite lonely. I did not begin to make stable social groups until my third semester here. Although, if you are extroverted, you might have a better chance of finding friends. As a history major, I have had a great time experience with academics. Some professors have office hours, meanwhile, others do not because of the lack of available offices. Despite this, most teachers are easily accessible via email. While choosing classes, I recommend using Rate My Professor to find a professor that will fit your learning style. In my experience, most of my classes have not passed the size of forty-five people. Although, this might vary depending on your major. In May 2020, I will graduate MSJC and transfer to a four-year university. Overall, I can say I enjoyed my time at MSJC and did not regret coming here. Community college is just as good as a four-year university and it is cheaper too.

Cody

It's close to home and easily accessible.

Danny

so far I like it!! the teachers there are nice polite they really care about your career and want to help you succeed. they have people there to help you with subjects you need help on. the campus is really big and nice. they have had a blood donation there a few times i went and i went to donate blood for the first time and people that was running that were kind

Tia

For a community college it is doing its job! I am here for my first two years before I transfer into a 4 year university and it is treating me very well! I have taken simple classes so far and the professors I've had are so caring and I respect them very much!

Chelsie

MSJC is a place for students to get things done. For the most part I don't see anyone that is at MSJC just because they want to be in college. Most students are focused on their goals and are ready to go. Personally, I like it here because the professors are willing to help and make a bit of time after class to help you. There's good resources such as a library and bookstore. There's also a tutoring center. Overall it's a good place to learn and there's multiple campuses.

Holly

I am all about saving money and this place is allowing me to finish my education at a price I can afford to pay back once I graduate! I like having a small class size so that I am able to get the help that I need and am able to find friends to make study groups!

Andrea

I think it is a great school to begin your college experience at. The staff is helpful and welcoming. They have multiple campuses and a variety of different courses you can choose from. They also offer online courses which is extremely convenient for a list of reasons.

Isaiah

MSJC is like that oft-ignored, dusty little book at the bottom of the bookshelf. Its Menifee campus, which sits adjacent to a dirt field, is so small that it can be walked across in a matter of minutes. And to match, it has classrooms that would feel more at home on a high school campus. But picking this little book up and flipping through a couple of its pages reveals that its lackluster exterior belies the quality of its contents. Consider the small classrooms: though visually unimpressive, they should be a welcome sight for anyone looking for quality education since they limit the college’s professor-to-student ratio to one where each student can receive adequate attention from their professors. And, as it happens, MSJC's professors are top-notch; during my two years at the college, I had amazing professors for a variety of subjects, from English and body-conditioning to psychology and anatomy-and-physiology. What most of them shared, in addition to being great instructors in the technical sense, was a genuine passion for the subject they taught. And this passion often rubbed off on me and inspired me to continue working hard towards realizing my dreams and passions. And what’s more, like the perfect conclusion to an amazing book, many of them were genuinely interested in the future success of their students. For example, I had a professor who would devote some time every week to highlight opportunities that he thought would help his students succeed in transferring to four-year universities despite those opportunities often having absolutely nothing to do with his class. So yes, it is true that MSJC does not have a large, fancy-looking campus with great dining options and exciting campus life. But we should all know this by now— never judge a book by its cover.

Ciara

I had a great time at MSJC college they had good professors and the staff was great guiding the students to further their education goals. I found out many of favorite professors really cared about their students especially they have been in there shoes before. Some aren't so great how they explain the material of the course was unbelievable even doing the extra credit and office hours. As a college student we really had to work for, as for going to the Library and LRC for assistance throughout the years until graduation comes. It is so important to form a relationship with professor and counselor.

faviola

I think they should step it up in the opportunities department, since it is the other district besides RCC district. I have always felt Mt. San Jacinto Community College District was and is better than the Riverside District. So they should just show it, I would love to see that especially because school is so important for the future in our lifes.

Heather

It is a great school with many opportunities, sports, clubs and extracurricular activity’s. The teachers are understanding and available many times during the week. There is always someone on campus that can help with any questions you may have. I have really enjoyed my time at MSJC.

Tom

Menifee campus is fairly nice and orderly. Teachers and students are generally focused on learning and getting a degree or transferring. Lower level courses are generally simple and have students who are less serious with the topics, but higher level courses have more serious students who work hard to understand the material.

Mary

I am currently working on my Administration of Justice and Psychology degrees. I enjoy attending MSJC. Every professor I have taken has been incredible and life changing! I am a mother of 5, and life is hectic, but MSJC is understanding and a accomidating. They want me to be successful and prepared when I graduate and transfer to Cal State San Bernardino. They gave me the opportunity to become a peer tutor and be employed by the college. I am also Secretary of the Criminal Justice Club. Overall, I recommend MSJC to everyone!

James

My overall opinion about Mt. San Jacinto Community College is that it's a sanctuary for students. MSJC opens the doors of success for students, paving the way to a prosperous journey. Its a safe place to learn and has many opportunities for students.

jade

I think it could be better, but there are a lot of students attending to it's always packed and the classes usually full, but overall pretty straight forward school. A suggestion of mine would be to expand the campus, have more classes, and offer more scholarships.

Mt. San Jacinto College is an overall wonderful and awesome college to attend because all the students get and along and want to achieve their goals. The professors are available whenever the students the students because of their office hours and their emails and they are willing to help you whenever you need help. The classroom sizes are convient because they are small enough where group work can be done as well as individual. Overall, after going to MSJC for this long I feel safe and wonderful because I have gotten the best education because of the environment that MSJC provides.

Leslie

It's a really good school and I'm really glad I have the opportunity to attend there. When I attended Eagle Day I felt very welcomed, the staff their were really nice and were able to answer all my questions. They also showed me around the campus were I can find tutoring and were the library is located.

Beau

This community college has been wonderful and has surpassed all my expectations upon coming here. The students whom study here come from all walks of life, from prior service Military, EMS, mothers, grandparents, and of course students straight out of high school. I have had nothing but good experiences with fellow students as well as the professors. Every professor I have had (47 credits in) has gone above and beyond the minimum requirements of a teaching professional. From offering office hours, assisting with questions after class, responding to emails within 24-48 hours, and offering make up assignments, or extra-credit in the appropriate circumstances. The campus is very busy with events, from Deaf Awareness, Mental Health Awareness, Sexual Assault Awareness, Poetry Club, Psychology Club, Anatomy & Physiology Club, Math Workshops, and so much more. As if all this wasn't enough, there is also an LRC (Learning Resource Center) where free tutoring is available for pretty much all subjects available on campus, computers to use, as well as free printing. MSJC is a great Community College and definitely showcases that community colleges can be extremely successful and the negative mentality that is associated with community colleges should be a thing of the past.

haley

Mt. San Jacinto Community College as a whole, I would say is a pretty good school. Most teachers are great in the higher level classes. I love that the classes are small so you get more one on one time with the teachers. The Menifee campus is easy to maneuver and find classes, not to mention very clean. My one complaint about classes is that there are very few options to choose from when you get into higher level classes. If you need to talk to a councilor I always go to the Temecula campus, there are less councilors, but the staff is so helpful and wants nothing but to help you succeed. Whereas the main campus and Menifee campus councilors are always busy and trying to get you out of there as fast as possible and on to the next student. Before you choose any Community college, the first thing you should do is try and figure out what university you plan to transfer to. Certain Universities have guaranteed admission if you are transferring from a neighboring or affiliated college. If I could change one thing about MSJC I would suggest that they need more classes and teachers for higher level STEM classes.

Chanel

It is a great starter college and very affordable. Financial aid is available and for me personally it completely paid for all of my classes. There are lots of clubs on campus for you to meet new people. Tutoring, library services, and even mental health counseling are available.