Portland, OR
Multnomah University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Multnomah University

Madysen

It has a great small school atmosphere with a well developed sense of community. The academics are challenging but reasonable. Smaller class sizes allow for great discussions and learning opportunities. The staff and professors genuinely have students' best interest in mind in all they do. The athletic programs are newer and still growing, but are doing so quickly. My main critique would be the cafeteria, as much of the food has little to no nutritional value.

Grace

A great place to go and not only learn a viable field of study but also to do so in a Biblical and faith based community.

It won't be easy, and by no means will it be the fairytale everyone has sold you on. I know you think you have it all figured out and no one can tell you otherwise, but trust me life still happens when you're in college. Yes, you are okay without your parents guiding your every decision. But what you really need to know about becoming a college student is that you will be on your own, not just for the day to day, but for big things as well. You have to decide to fight for time to study, and whether or not to take that loan. If you manage your time and tell people no when needed it will be okay. Also, bring some dishes! there is nothing worse than buying a bunch of hot choco and realizing you don't have a mug to drink it out of or a spoon to stir it with. Lastly making friends will be the key to success the first couple of years. They have been where you are and will let you know it's okay to call mom every now and then when you need it.

The low graduting percentage which can lead people not to choose my school in the first place. Despite the great academics and proffesors.

Erikka

Don't pack that polka-dot skirt, no matter how often you think you'll wear it. It doesn't sit right and frankly isn't worth the space. Take as many AP classes as humanly possible. I know they're boring, and early release sounds like a far more productive use of time, but a semester of Geology and Western Civilization will have you begging for a second shot at balanced grading. Most importantly though; stop talking. I remember in High School you were known to captivate audiences with your "Military Brat" stories and family background, but this is the big leagues. Third day of Psychology you're going to spout about your "travel experience as a military child", and you will consequently look like an imbecile whilst your "audience" relates their childhood in Africa as a Missionary's daughter. People have been places you can't imagine, seen things you wouldn't believe, endured hardships that crush lesser men. You can learn so much from even the most unexpected individuals, if you just take time to listen. College isn't all about the books kid, keep your eyes open for the teachers sitting next to you in class.

Unlike a lot of public schools, Multnomah offers an incredible community. It's not a huge school, but it's just big enough to get lost in a crowd you know. At bigger universities you're lucky if you can find someone to eat with, but at Multnomah it's rare to walk a hall without running into someone. Everyone knows one another, and can stop and talk about what's going on in their lives without feeling awkward or exposed. Its a genuinely caring, comfortable, open enviroment.

I wouldn't say there is any single type of person that "shouldn't" attend this school. I can tell you, however, it would be far more financially saavy to spend your money at a Community College if you're a close-minded individual. This University isn't meant to shelter you, or protect you from the real world. It's meant to prepare you for life from a Christian perspective, and different ones at that. If you don't have an open heart and a ready mind, I reccommend steaming in a cheaper classroom.

Caroline

I would tell myself to stick with what I want to do. It is important not to change my dreams for a person (unless you are changing for God). I have no regrets about attending the college that I am going to. Also, I would tell myself to work toward getting money for school and saving. Saving is a good thing and helps you to have fun and buy things you need. Finally, I would tell myself to enjoy every minute before, during, and after college.

Someone who wants to know more about the Bible and work hard. Also, someone who wants to have a good community to support them as they get closer to God.

I like to tell them how much I am learning about the Bible and my major. Sometimes I tell them about my friends. I really like the location of the school and that I get to explore the city. I love the city's culture.

Andrea

I would let myself know that high school is not a waste of time. There are so many opportunities in the world and I have a chance just as much as anyone else does. I need to believe in myself and work hard because it will pay off in the long run.

Amber

I would begin my giving my inexperienced self the knowledge relating to credit and FICA scores. If I would have had the credit knowledge that I have now, back then, It would have prevented me from accumulating and paying off debt unecessarily and irresponsibly. I often wish that they would have offered a "mandatory" credit counseling and information course at my high school during my senior year. I know there are many students who graduate high school without the information they need to successfully build and maintain their credit. I would have also paid more attention to detail; not just in school, but in my every day life. It seems when we are younger, we are more "in the moment", and tend to forget, or not pay attention to the things around us that we can learn from. It isn't until we take a glance back at our past and wish we could strategize differently.

Dennis

Instead of rushing in and going straight into college, take a couple years off and work on serving other people and experimenting, with the support of commuinty, with direction, jobs, internships, and travel. Those years will allow you to grow into greater maturity and give you an appreciation for what you will be learning, as well as an appreciation of different types of people. That time will also allow you to develop your own personal ethos for doing what you do, and it will help guide you in your studies so you know why you are in school and what is important to you. Don't rush just because that is what everyone else is doing. It will also give you time to save money so you don't have to take loans and burry yourself finanically. One other thing pursue wisdom, slow down and think through your desicions and whatever you do, relax, it's okay to take risks and make mistakes.

That it was a lot of work. However hard work isn't bad, it's just hard work.

Someone who is a follower of Christ who wants to study the Word indepth, and who wishes to be challenged in their perspectives in society.

sonia

I would tell myself that the first thing you need to know about college is that you cannot procrastinate. Also, that off-campus living is much cheaper than living on-campus. Be smart abot yor money, just because it seems like you have a lot does not mean that it will last long. And, just because they do not take attendance in college classes does not mean you should feel the need to not attend, you should always go to class. Study, study, study!

The kind of person that should attend the Oregon Institute of Technology should already know what they want to do after college. He/she should be a person that will either want to go into engineeering or into the medical field, because that is what OIT specializes in. However, they also offer business, pyschology, and other majors. He/she should also not be the kind of person that is considered a party animal. There is not very many a parties at OIT. Also, there is not any sororities or fraternities with the exception of two.

"If it's Bible you want, then you want Multnomah." Every student gets a Bachelors degree in Bible/Theology, along with a second major of their choice.

The time that I have spent at Multnomah University has already taught me a lot about myself. In the past semester, I have changed my major five times, decided to drop out, changed my mind, and am currently in my second semester. I came to college because my friends did, and I never knew what I wanted to do with my life. The classes that I have taken, and the conversations I've had with my professors, have helped me understand myself better. I've realized that I have a natural gift of leadership, and that I want to be a teacher. I really enjoy history, and I want to go to college to become a high school history teacher. I have applied to Central Washington University, and I hope to attend there in the fall. While I didn't find a career out of my first year of college, I did find myself. I know what I want to become, I know who I want to influence, and I know that I will become a teacher. My education is everything to me, and I will not take it for granted.

It's a small campus, and can feel like a Christian bubble sometimes.

Gian

My classmates/dormmates are outgoing, approachable, spiritually involved, and they adhere to the status quo of the city; they "Keep Portland Weird."

I would need well over a thousand words to fully elaborate on my college experience and its value in my life thus far, but unfortunately I'm only allowed two hundred words for this question. I'd say that the biggest thing I've gotten out of my college experience is a stronger relationship with the Lord. (Yes, I'm a Christian) I've gone through trials and tribulations throughout my college life, and though the expierences have been painfull emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually, they've only strengthened me and my relationship with the Lord. Through the various impendimenta that I've encountered, ordeals such as basketball and athletic woes, and coaches and players challenging and maliciously attacking my beliefs, or teammates or friends attempting to harrass my decisions to do and not do certain things, and choosing between this and that, i've come to understand that nothing comes easy, and though it may sound cliche, anything worth having is really worth fighting for, but in the end, you find that the struggle throughout the journey was worth the end.

The best thing about Multnomah would be the community within the student body. The community at MU is very "tight-knit", everybody seemingly knows everybody, and the community is very hospitable, if you wave or say hi, there will be reciprocation. Also, the community of people are very caring for one another. If your head's down, or you look in a depressive, saddened state, somebody will approach you and inquire about your predicament, for no other reason other than trying to help you.

Multnomah University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.