Tishomingo, OK
Murray State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State College

Brooklyn Cupps

Murray State College is a small school in which students who may not have been able to afford a large university are given the oppurtinity to receive a higher education; with much diligence, Murray State pushes their students to go far in whatever career they may choose.

Diligent students with big dreams, who are constantely pushing to better themselves.

Do not worry about fitting in with everyone you meet, in college it may take meeting many people before you find the ones who will be positive influences in your life. The dorm room you are initially placed in may not be the one that you need to stay in, it make take a few tries before you actually feel safe and comfortable in your room. College is full of trasitions and it may be hard to adjust to at first, but give it some time and you will be happy with where the experience is leading you. It is not necessary to follow the crowd, even if you are the youngest person in your group of friends, stand up for yourself and do not stay away from your morals. Be the best you that you can be!

Callie

My classsmates include several students over the age of 30. Also, a majority of the students are married and/or have children...

I chose this school because it was in my hometown.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to work hard and stay on track. I have done well in college thus far, but sometimes I wait until the last minute to do things and I do not always do my best. I would just remind myself to stay on top of things so that I will not put any added pressure on myself by rushing to finish assignments.

jeff

umm... mainly the gunsmithing program and the pta program...

umm... mainly the gunsmithing program and the pta program...

Listen jeff.. if you do not fill out scholarships now you will.. OWE ALOT OF MONEY!!!!! So with that being said... Stay on track for olap... and take time to fill out scholarships and grants.,.. its free money!!!1

That it is awsome that the school is so small.. You get one on one with your instructers... That is a huge plus.

Desiree

My classmates are nice, and fun to be around.

My classmates are nice, and fun to be around.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself go to school only if your ready. If your not ready to be around alot of people or dont want to be in a big classroom go to a junior college and not a university. The most important thing I would tell myself is to make sure you go to class and do your homework. College is not like high school, the teachers will not be all on you about homework or beg for you to turn in it. No one is there to wake you up and make you go to class so its easy to miss. Get on a schedule and make yourself wake up and go. When your in class if you have questions dont be afraid to ask, not asking will only hurt you in the long run. Although partying can be fun, dont make it a habit it can cause you problems. Be able to discipline yourself, set a few goals, and achieve them.

The worst thing about the school is its in the middle of nowhere, nothing to do, so the school should have more activities for the students to do so they wont be so bored.

Marsha

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to stay in school. I didn't finish High School and I found it really hard when I got in college to start out new. I would tell myself to not let people get in my way of making myself what I want to be. That even though it seems hard now it will get easier someday and not to let yourself think that it doesn't. Keep your head down and push through all that you have to do it will pay in the end. Life is hard but you make life be what you want it to be.

How importent it was to do well in college and how it would make me feel to get everything that I dreamed of having. I am going back because no one told me that I would have to have a masters in Psychology to do anything in the work field. Now I find myself going back to get a Nursing degree and use both my degrees to get a job but, I am finding that I have to bring up my GPA because I never realized how much it ment to have a good GPA.

Lack of information, you have 20 people and known of them can answer the questions you have there is always someone else you have to go find. I wish there was just one person that could answer all you have to ask.

Tara

The best thing is the newer dorms. The classes are small enough that if you need to talk to the teacher, they are easy to talk to and get to.

Be more outgoing and take a speech class in high school so that you are more confident. Study hard, work hard, and put more into you're studys and softball!

One thing I would have to say is bad about Murray State College, is that there needs to be more people telling students what classes they need to be taking and not just putting them in classes. They put students in classes that they don't even need.

Dana

MSC is known for it's curriculum. Although is is only a two year college, when students leave there, they are ready for the workforce.

After graduating from highschool, it is easier to stay in the role as a student. Things are still fresh on your mind and things roll much easier for you when you are young. As one gets older and has a family, trying to go to school is alot more difficult. Plus you have to retrain yourself on how to study and apply yourself. My advise is to go to college straight out of highschool.

I believe anyone who does not have self-discipline to study hard, or have any incentives in life, should not attend this school. MSC is dedicated to educating it's students to the highest level possible.

Phong

Nothing is special, but you can look forward to a bright career through this school.

I'm a Vietnamese student and has lived in the US about 3 year, so my high school was in my country, Vietnam. However, I feel so lucky to study in this inviroment because people here have many opportunities to choose a college or university, but not in my country. I cannot forget years in high school with the heaviest pressure to get in universities through the most special and tensional test every year. Students are always in awareness with pressures from family, teachers and society as if when you get fail, you will be out the game and you career seemed to be in the dark. As a good luck, i did not take that test because it had happend in time when I moved to America. Even though I studied hard and always think about my desity after that national test, I has not assured I had 100% confidence to pass it. If I have a chance to talk to myseft as high school senior, I just want to say to him: " don't quit if you fail, there are still many ways for you, but try with all your best and you won't regret about that."

Any one who wants to promote a good start in the ereas near Tishimingo city. The school offer various programs which you may find it match to you. By the way Muray State is one of good start to promote ones' academic.

Murray State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.