Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Austin

I would tell myself that I made the right decision. Do not stress over what you have yet to experience because it will all work out. Murray State University really is the best of both worlds. You can meet new people each semester if you so choose or you can stay right where you feel comfortable with your close friends from the beginning. The program I am in could not be any better and companies are already contacting me as a Sophomore for internships and post graduate jobs. Enjoy this last bit of highschool but you will have a blast in college.

Someone that does not want to feel like they are going through an assembly line of college. Students are able to choose their own path and create a great education to better themselves for a successful career.

The worst thing about this school would be the parking/crosswalk problem we are facing currently. This school is growing due to its success. Once this minor issue is fixed a problem wouldn't come to mind.

Mark

Don't rush going to school. Applying yourself without focus will be a mistake for you. Learn what it is that you LOVE first and LEARN about it. Explore the possibilities that life has to offer you. Don’t be afraid to pursue what it is that you want. You have the ability to do ANYTHING that you want to. Things aren’t exact what you want them to be right now, but it will be fine. I want you to be honest with others and most importantly yourself. You know who you are and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Hear that voice inside of you and LISTEN to it. It won’t lead you astray or lie. People will change, YOU will change, people will come and go and you will be fine with it. When you finally do decide to go to school, because you will, learn more than what’s being taught in class. Learn about the people, the cultures, and the backgrounds from where the people that you will meet come from. The experiences that you will have will be with you forever and they will help you for the rest of your life.

Memry

Murray State University is unique, welcoming, and prosperous.

Murray State University is unique, welcoming, and prosperous.

I would make sure to live in the dorms longer and attend MSU first instead of a community college.

I would describe myself as someone who is consistently growing and takes time to continually learn by putting everythingI have into my work and studies.

I would tell myself not to worry. I am the biggest worrier, and college has only made that worse. If I could tell my high school self anything, it would be that things will happen the way they are supposed to, and in the end, everything will be okay. On the first day of class, do not worry about making friends, do not worry about not being good enough, do not worry about not being smart enough, just go in there and do your best. Life is going to be full of surprises, but you cannot control any of them. Take what life gives you and keep pushing through.

I wish I had known what exactly I wanted to do with my future. Upon arriving to Murray State, I had no idea what I wanted to become and I was not even sure of the major I was going into.

Gregory

My classmates at MSU are relatively the same as the classmates that I encountered at the high school I attended; they all seem determined and eager to learn.

While I perceive college life to be relatively similar to my time as a high school senior, there are some key changes that I would have advised myself to make in the transition. In high school I rarely had to study to make good grades. However, I have come to realize that in college more dedication is required to yield the same results. It was for this reason that my first semester was so rocky. In addition, I would have also told myself to find a job that would work more cohesively with my class schedule. Even though I was able to graduate third in my class, my high school awarded students with the highest GPA's. Since I had taken multiple AP classes and received a few B's, students that had taken traditional classes and recieved A's were rewarded more. This made my financial aid assistance nearly nonexistent, which in turn required me to pay for my college myself. Ever since I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had to fight off subsequent diseases and illnesses I have tried to make the most of the life I've been given. I would advise myself to continue.

As with any college or university, if you are unwilling to put forth the effort to succeed, then there is no reason for you to attend. College is a mechanism that refines your skills and abilities so that you can lead an enjoyable and successful career. If an individual is unwilling to oil and maintain the mechanism, then all of their efforts will be fruitless. Murray State University is no different; it may not be an Ivy league school, but individuals who are not determined to succeed should not attend.

My classmates are great! well i don't get the chance to know each one very well due to the amount of students in each class. However, it is alot different than highschool. In fact, it is better. My classmates are mature adults who come to class because they want to succeed in college and in the future. They are responsible and take notes. If help is needed i can easily obtain it through one of them. No one forces them to come to class, so i know that they actually want to.

If i were to go back to my high school self as a senior, there are many things i'd love to advice myself on. I would advice myself not to focus to much on love life. It is distracting, and a lot changes when you leave. I would tell myself to focus more on how to take proper notes and to study. I would advise myself to pay attention to how to appropriapetly write and cite essays. I would advise myself to choose friends wisely who will stick to me in college but not consume me, so i could make new ones. i would advise myself to thank my teachers more for helping me prepare for a sudden change in lifestyles and school. Also i would adivse my self to apply to many many scholarships and grants, so that i could have enough money to pay not only for tuition but for books, food, and housing. I would adivise myself to speak to my parents and set quidelines with them on when we should call each other. Mostly i would advise my self to reach out and get involved. Thats what makes college an amazing and smooth experience.

When i tell my friends about Murray, i speak of how much i love. It has a great community. It is small and structured to help each individual students succeed. All my proffesors care for my success. Murray has a high-ranking education program. They help me every step of the way to becoming a great teacher. The people here, while very country compared to my home-town are fun and kind. I enjoy Murray tremendously. I am glad i chose it as my college to attend.

They are quiet, and concentrate hard in class. They seem hard working and very smart.

First thing that I would do if I could go back, is that I would give myself a pat on the back for taking such rigourous courses in high school. Academicll, I prepared myself well for college. I would then proceed to tell myself to start mentally preparing myself for being out on my own. That is probably the biggest change I have underwent over the past several months, is becoming more independent and learning alot of life lessons, sometimes the hard way. Life doesnt always work out like you want it to, or like it is supposed to. All you can do is find a solution to any problems you may recieve and then overcome them. Use the help that other people offer. I would tell myself to stay strong minded and strong willed, and to never give up on my dreams. I would remind myself that my biggest enemy is fear, and to not let my fear disrupt my journey to being where I want to be. I would tell myself that it is all up to me.

A person with an open mind should attend this school.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.