Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

My classmates are great! well i don't get the chance to know each one very well due to the amount of students in each class. However, it is alot different than highschool. In fact, it is better. My classmates are mature adults who come to class because they want to succeed in college and in the future. They are responsible and take notes. If help is needed i can easily obtain it through one of them. No one forces them to come to class, so i know that they actually want to.

If i were to go back to my high school self as a senior, there are many things i'd love to advice myself on. I would advice myself not to focus to much on love life. It is distracting, and a lot changes when you leave. I would tell myself to focus more on how to take proper notes and to study. I would advise myself to pay attention to how to appropriapetly write and cite essays. I would advise myself to choose friends wisely who will stick to me in college but not consume me, so i could make new ones. i would advise myself to thank my teachers more for helping me prepare for a sudden change in lifestyles and school. Also i would adivse my self to apply to many many scholarships and grants, so that i could have enough money to pay not only for tuition but for books, food, and housing. I would adivise myself to speak to my parents and set quidelines with them on when we should call each other. Mostly i would advise my self to reach out and get involved. Thats what makes college an amazing and smooth experience.

When i tell my friends about Murray, i speak of how much i love. It has a great community. It is small and structured to help each individual students succeed. All my proffesors care for my success. Murray has a high-ranking education program. They help me every step of the way to becoming a great teacher. The people here, while very country compared to my home-town are fun and kind. I enjoy Murray tremendously. I am glad i chose it as my college to attend.

They are quiet, and concentrate hard in class. They seem hard working and very smart.

First thing that I would do if I could go back, is that I would give myself a pat on the back for taking such rigourous courses in high school. Academicll, I prepared myself well for college. I would then proceed to tell myself to start mentally preparing myself for being out on my own. That is probably the biggest change I have underwent over the past several months, is becoming more independent and learning alot of life lessons, sometimes the hard way. Life doesnt always work out like you want it to, or like it is supposed to. All you can do is find a solution to any problems you may recieve and then overcome them. Use the help that other people offer. I would tell myself to stay strong minded and strong willed, and to never give up on my dreams. I would remind myself that my biggest enemy is fear, and to not let my fear disrupt my journey to being where I want to be. I would tell myself that it is all up to me.

A person with an open mind should attend this school.

Drew

Murray State is an incredible "bang for your buck" university because they provide a great education for an extremely low price, while still placing a high priority on campus activities and getting students involved.

Do not fear, for Jesus Christ is faithful.

The most frustrating thing about Murray State University is the lack of library space. While there are two libraries on campus, only one is commonly used and up-to-date with computers and technology. Therefore, in finals week or busy times of the day during the semester, it can be difficult to find a place to study especially if you need a computer to use.

Katie

My classmates are very friendly and won't fret to help with anything you may be having problems with.

The campus seems to be more relaxing than the other schools. There is a lot of open space, and the people are also seem to be more friendly than the other schools I had considered. Murray State is in a little town, but you wouldn't know it because you stay pretty busy on campus. They offer quite a bit of extracurricular activities as well. The number of different majors and minors is numerous as well.

As a college freshman, there are so many things to have thought about. Getting adjusted is the biggest part of the new "college experience". You will go through a lot from missing home, meeting new people, living somewhere new, and having a roomate you may not know. If I were giving myself advice about college, I would say just don't worry to much about everything. Worring just won't help. Then when it comes to the weekends, yes it's ok to go home every few weeks to see family and friends. Do stay on the weekends though because it is fun and you can get closer to the friends you have made. That is all part of the experience and knowing you can have fun and hangout with your friends after classes and on the weekends is important, of course getting all of your work done as well.

John

My classmates are friendly, caring, and helpful; they are concerned that the people around them succeed as much as they do.

If I could give myself advice as a high school senior, it would revolve around getting involved at college. I am an introverted pre-medical student. My primary concern is my GPA, MCAT score, and gaining acceptance to medical school. Because of this, I have done a terrible job getting involved on campus. Originially, I thought getting involved meant "going greek" and binge drinking every other night. I am beginning the second half of my Junior year at Murray and have finally began to get involved. College is tough. You need all the help you can get to stay sane through it. I have found that getting involved on campus is not just for fun. It is helpful also. As a senior in high school, I did not realize this. However, now I am involved in the Pre-Health Professionals club on campus, and it is already making my life significantly easier. Getting involved is not all about partying. It will help you with your grades, happiness level, and satisfaction with your lifestyle.

Murray State is not a "big name" school like Purdue, Cal Tech, or Harvard. This can cause problems if your degree is in a field that places a lot of prestige on where you earned your degree. However the quality of education here at Murray is excellent. We are consistently rated as one of the top colleges for our area of the country.

Tiana

Murray is not a big school and the size of the classrooms are like high school. The teachers gets to know each and every student in that class by name and faces. The campus is very safe and everyone on campus is genuinely nice.

I would go back and tell myself to practice time management skills to better prepare myself with making it to class on time, studying, doing homework, and extracurricular activities. I would also encourage myself to take as many AP and college credit classes to probably prepare for what college is like, since high school and college is totally different, and less classes i would have to take since I took them in high school. Last but not least, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!! Do and turn in all assignments on time whenever they are due and pay close attention to the syllabus while in college. And have fun, but work does come first.

Someone that does not want to continue their education or wants to immediately jump into the work force.

Krista

Murray State University is a awesome college. Murray is just the right size for someone who is not comfortable with big places. Murray is one of the nicest colleges you will every see. Everyone is nice and welcoming when the new year starts. There is no where else that I would want to be when beginning my jouney into college. I have already met many friends that I will remeber for the rest of my life. If someone were to ask my opinion of what college I would recommend I would suggest Murray State University.

I would tell myself to take more college classes because when the time comes more credits are going to help. I would also tell myself to enjoy my time and hang out with my friends as much as possible because time flys by. I never realized it until i was in college that i do not get to see my old friends as much as I want to. I would also tell myself to live in the moment and not to be affraid to ask question and get help. When I was in high school I was shy and quiet. If I had a question I would not ask it because I would be nervous someone would make fun of me. Now that I think about it high school was one of the best times of my life and the worst at the same time. I expreienced who I was and the person I wanted to be in high school and I will never forget the people who have got me where I am today.

The kind of person that should attend Murray State is a friendly/shy kind of person. They should attend this school because Murray will wipe that shyness away. The people that attend Murray want to make sure you expreince the college life. They also want to make sure you have friends alone the way. This person also needs to be a hardworker, determined and confidence. This person is going to have to work hard and be willing to study to make good grades. The college experience is great but grades are the most important part of college.

lauren

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior and give myself college advice i would tell myself to make as many connections as possible. You cannot get everything done for college on your own you are gonna need help. Also i would tell myself not to wait for other people to get things done, you have to be persistent and keep calling and checking to make sure the things get done that needs to be.

You shouldnt attend this school if you want a school that has smaller class size ratios. This school has big classes and is very hard to get one on one time with the teachers.

I consider the diversity of programs and after school activities that my school offers you. I consider this to be the best because it allows you to get involved with your school and really enjoy the college life experience, which is important to do in college so your not so stressed out all the time.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.