Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Murray State is best known for its agriculture programs. It's one of the best in the state. Even though it's not my major, students in this programs get a lot of hands on experience. For examples, students in the equine program have the choice of bringing their horse and keeping it at the stables.

I would have been for involved in highschool activities and highschool organizations. I wouldn't have been shy, I would have put myself out there and made more friends. I also would have studied harder and made better grades a priority. I would encourage any highschoolers to take college courses their senior year, as i did, if its available. It showed me how college would be and prepared me for it. It was a very good experience. I interned at the hospital and I should have volunteered more.

I feel Murray State is a well rounded institution for all majors, everyone would have the same opportunities. Its close knit campus and small classes provide students more individual assistance and also provides the family type enviroment that they need.

melaney

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would have a lot to say. First and foremost I would let myself know that believing "I can go to college anytime I decide to" is an outright lie. Time flies when you're having fun, and when you're forgetting everything you just spent your entire life learning. In high school I had a 3.2 gpa, it was easy and I never worked hard to earn it. Last year I took an entrance exam to get into a technical college and ended up in remedial classes because I had forgotten everything. Ten years later I have two children, husband, a full time job, and I go to school full time and I spend every minute working hard. So to state it simply I would tell high school senior self "work smarter, not harder" and waiting for the right time is only wasting time, and if that isn't enough please know that wasting time is ultimately wasting money; however bigger than wasting money is wasting the past 12 years worth of knowledge. Senior self please don't waste your life!

austin

I don’t claim to have all the answers nor the knowledge to tell you everything you need to know to get what you want. I'm here to tell you that it isn't about you. In the past six years I've learned that your wants are so miniscule compared to the needs of the world. That selfish quality you possess is your biggest enemy, all it does is feed your pride. If there's one thing I can tell you it's that pride and power don't go hand in hand. You need to remain humble in order to love and serve this world the way you were designed to. You need to focus on the impact you can make on people’s lives. Your words can fall out of your mouth and walk into the hearts of men and women. You are a great salesman. Instead of selling products, sell dreams. You need to create insanely good experiences. Learn how to perfect the message that will kick start people's brains. Put a dent in the universe, change the world, don’t let the world change you.

Brandi

Murray State University is a fun and exciting place that is welcoming and educating for EVERYONE.

Going back in time and giving yourself advice is a privelige most wish to have, however if I had that opportunity I'm not sure if I would take it. I love the way my life is now, and if I went back and spoiled all of this unforseen goodness...it wouldn't seem as grand. Everything in life happens for a reason, and my past has gotten me to where I am today. I wouldn't change things.

There need to be more available on campus housing options.

Daniel

I should have selected Murray to begin with just because the first university that I chose was too large and plus it just wasn't the best place to start at. Murray State has filled me with so much excitement and a bit more spirit than anywhere else. The music fraternity that I have joined is full of a bunch of great guys, they are much nicer than the other guys in the other fraternity. All I do know is that Murray State was one of the best choices that I have ever chosen.

It is really clean. There is very little trash and garbage around the school, there are also multiple trash cans placed around the campus. There is also a huge campus spirit. Everywhere you turn you see a Murray State Racer shirt. Plus the student body supports both the football team and the basketball team as well as the Murray State Racer band. The excitement and the spirit is astounding!

Any one who likes a big college and big town feel. This town and college is really small but it makes up for it with the social networking that has formed inside the community.

Wesley

A fun and enriching campis that has a variety of clubs and activities to promote student learning and keep them entertained in their free time.

Well... right now Murray State University is known for its basketball team.

I would tell myself, not to attempt the medical field. I found out fast that it was not what I wanted to do. And it set me back and really hurt my GPA. I regret that first year because I went into college without an idea of what I wanted to do. My advice... to myself... would be. "Think this through, don't rush, and don't let the professor push you around. This is your life and your future. You've always enjoyed history. Take a look into that field, you will be surprised." I wish, sometimes, that someone would have told me that. Before I went into college. Maybe even suggest that I learn a trade to help pay my way through. Things would have been much easier.

Kaitlin

When discussing murray State University with others i think the thing that comes to mind for most people who have visited the campus is the beautiful environment and friendly faces. I know that after one visit to murray I knew it was the place for me because i felt so welcomed on their campus. murray state takes pride in the appearience of their school and the integrity of their students.

If i could go back in time knowing what i do about college life and give myself advise i would tell myself to get more involved in the activities and clubs on campus because it can make such a difference in how you adjust to college life and affect the number of new friends you make in college. Academics are important i spent more of my first semester only focusing on getting good grades and i did well but i was not completely happy. my second semester i still focused on grades but i worked on becoming more involved in programs on campus like student ambassadors and my dorms art club. in doing this i meet many new people and became much more happy with my experience on campus. in my first year of college i learned that it awesome to have sucess but its much better when you have friends to share it with.

I would consider the worst thing about my school to be parking for students on campus. As a freshman last year i was required to park at the university stadium which is a long walk away from the dorms. I felt unsafe walking from my car to the rest of campus on nights and afternoos that I made trips to my car. Being a sophomore this year I will be allowed to park at the dorms but parking is limited. I think parking for students that choose to live on campus should be more convient and aware of our safety.

Katelyn

Murray State University is a very diverse and academically challenging school.

Murray State University is a very diverse and academically challenging school.

I would tell myself to enjoy college but don't get too sucked into the extracurriculars. Make sure you focus on academics and look at the extracurriculars as a reward for the hard work you've done academically. Also, join as many clubs and social groups as you want because that's the easiest way to make new friends even though you are a shy person. The social clubs and groups can help you come out of your shell and help you gain a new network of friends. Take every opportunity you can to join study groups or use tutors because they will help you maintain the gpa that you want. Last, but most importantly, make sure no matter how hard things get make sure you go to class. If you need someone to talk to go to counselling. Use your resources. They are all there for you in order for you to succeed.

I brag about the diversity of our campus and the student life on campus.

Erica

Murray State University is best know for it's small town friendliness. Everyone is always so willing to help you in any way possible. This is not only the students, but the factulty and staff also.

If I could go back in time and give my high school-self advice, I would tell myself to fill out every scholarship possible. The financial aspect of going to college has probably been th most stressful. On top of that, I would tell myself to save as much money as possible while I don't have any bills of my own. I would also tell myself to take the ACT one more time

The worst thing about Murray State University is also the same thing I loved about it, being so small. It almost turns into high school because everyone knows everyone.

Gerald

Challenging students to master their respective fields to ultimately achieve full time employment

I would tell myself to focus on networking in college as intensely as I focus on my mastery of the material. Most people find great job opportunities through people they know personally. Therefore, it is critical to your success to build a powerful network of people whom you trust and that trust you. These relationships could mean the difference between being an unemployed college graduate or one with a fulfilling and rewarding career. So high school self, focus on grades of course, however, do not spend so much time studying that your relationships suffer. Another piece of advice I would give myself is to spend more time interviewing for jobs just to practice. Even if you have no intention of taking a job, interview regularly to become comfortable with your responses and alleviate any anxiety related to lack of experience. Last but most importantly of all, be careful to carve out quality time for your family so you do not leave them feeling abandoned. Have fun, work hard, accept mistakes, correct mistakes, and love everyone!

A person who is willing to work hard for a degree.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.