Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Maritza

If I was given the opportunity to go back to my high school senior self, I wouldn't give myself advice. Instead I would Thank myself so much for never giving up! I would say Thank you so much for taking risks and chances! I would say thank you so much!

Murray is a great school for me; it's the perfect size and has a wonderful community, on and off campus.

I have never been a very forward person and tend to worry far too much. If I could go back in time and give advice to my scared little high school senior self, I would say that everything is going to turn out alright. I would assure myself that leaving home and all my friends wasn't the end of the world and neither is not knowing what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I'm still trying to figure it out but after my first year of college I'm beginning to realize that it's not the most important thing and that eventually I will have everything figured out. I would tell myself to stop stressing so much and enjoy this amazing opportunity that has been laid out before me. I would encourge myself to let go of the past, which I'm trying everyay to do. High school was amazing but now it's time to take hold of the present and write myself an even better future.

Any type of person would be more than welcome at Murray, I have seen it all.

ANDREW

My friends are supportive, outgoing and friendly. Most of my friends are from the same area of study and/or fraternity.

What I like is the uniqueness of the size of the town which is the small town feel that I like. Yet the school is mid sized and capable to doing a great job in many areas of learning.

The first thing I would tell myself is to keep an open mind about the path my career path might take. I would tell myself to apply for all the scholarships possible. I would also tell myself to find part time jobs to expand the ability to find part time work during college. As far as the transition I'm not sure I would have done much differently, as I just waited to see the best avenue to go in joining a fraternity and getting to know others.

Roger

Roger, listen closely. College is an experience like no other and it will take you on the path that will help determine the rest of your life! So take it seriously. I know it's hard to figure out what you want to do, and there is no way you can know right now what it is you want to do with the rest of your life but that's OK. Do yourself a favor and don't follow the crowd! Everyone is going to college, leaving their lives behind but you are your own person and following the crowd at this point will not help. Be your own man, make your own decision about what is best for your life and in the end you will come out better. Other people's lives are not your own and your decisions will only immediately affect you, so be smart! If at times you feel lost, don't worry because you have a long way to go and the road to get there is paved with obstacles. OVERCOME them and be better in the end. Always remember, Ad Astra Per Aspera: A Rough Road Leads To The Stars!

Nika

The most frustrating thing about my school is the price! I'm thankful that it's not as high as others, but they also keep raising the price every semester. That tends to be a bit discomforting.

After speaking with other students I have learned that if you are not ready to go to college you should not go. Some students that went into college right after high school ruined their GPA, missed out on important basic information, and only went because they were told to. It seems that a lot of students missed the whole point of college because they were only doing what they thought they were supposed to do. Just recently, this guy graduated with his associates from a 2 year college and went looking for a job. He didn't even realize that he could look for a job using his associates. I was truly shocked by this. Do yourself a favor and take your time. Don't waste your money. Figure out what you want to do, set your game plan, and go for it when you're ready!

I wish I had known more about the clubs and organizations before coming to this school. It would have been great to have an join a club right from the beginning.

Paige

My classmates are awesome and super helpful when it comes to studying and

My classmates are awesome and super helpful when it comes to studying and

It doesn't matter where your best friends are going to school. Make your decision for YOU. It is your education and you want the best education that you can get for your major. Also, take different business classes, or art classes, or whatever electives you want in high school, not just foreign language. Yes, foreign language may help you, but taking different electives may help you decide on what major or program you want to do. Do research on different majors and careers and see what interests you so you have an idea of what you want to do in your future. But don't stress too much about college because it is about having fun, too.

Murray State is for any type of person! Murray is so diverse so you can fit in anywhere.

Jaime

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself when I was a senior, I’d say what college life was, the biggest thing I would say would be not play it safe all the time, go for things I don’t think were achievable. Even though I took out a really huge loan, most likely hurt I in the future, the experience had at CCS was priceless. I would tell myself though that only having the one semester to be more risk taking with my assignment’s take advantage with what I had in front of me, instead of playing it safe. I took assignments that I didn’t need models or really interact with anyone, because I didn’t think that I could find anyone to help, but I’d say, to go for it anyway. There were people; I would have had a better experience and knowing how to deal with situations like that. I would have also advised myself to take advantage of the help the school offered, consolers to talk too. Even though adjusting went well, I think talking to someone would have helped me understand myself better and fit in better.

Dustin

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to get straight A's for KHEA's money so that I would not have to worry about the money. I would have money to buy myself a car instead of relying on someone else. But not having a car, it has pushed me to make friends and get involved with other programs. During summer orientation, I set out to find a christan group to surround myself with people that have the same goal as I have and that's to graduate not party. In high school, I learned that if I surround myself with friends who have the same believes as I do then I will be successful.

The dorm rooms are really small and it would be nice to be able to study when I want to. So, I have to go to the library for now to have a quiet place to study.

I will be 4 hours away from home without a car to go back and forth to home. I cant afford to buy one because I am buisy trying to just simply pay for the school. The FASFA does not cover $3800 both for fall and spring semisters.

Sierra

Do not procrastinate. Unlike in high school, there are no extensions, or "I left it in my locker!" You either have it or you don't. With that in mind, beef up your study skills. I'm not saying you need to carry a book around every minute of every day, but you will need to know by your first semester of college how to manage your time. I have yet to hear an awesome story about a kid in college who never did homework and who never studied for exams passing any of his or her classes. Therefore, in college you will now see that how you study directly effects your test results. No, you cant skip your least favorite class three times per week in college like you are doing in high school, but why ditch classes you have to pay for? One last thing I want to leave you with. Get involved when you get to college. There is a large variety of clubs, activities, and sports. Take the time to make frineds, because when life gets too hard, everyone needs someone to call a friend.

Alyssa

Murray state is more than a school, it's my home away from home and has set me up for a great future.

I would say that high school is not the end. I would say to take every opportunity you have because some of those that I didn't want to take, have gotten me whwere I am today. Try and remember that the popular kids only run the show in high school. Once you get out, you will make new friends and really start to discover who you are. Don't be scared that things are starting to change, instead jump with them and be excited for what is to come. You don't know what will happen in the end, but unless you're happy, it's not the end. It may not always be easy discovering who you really are and making changes but enjoy them because eventually they pay off and you can't imagine how you could be anywhere else. The last piece of advice, I would give is to not take life so seriously. Laugh at all the silly, crazy situations becuase one day you will look back and remember that "terrible time" and laugh to yourself about how you acted. Be thankful that everything happens for a reason and learn to appreciate that!

You shouldn't attend Murray state if you don't plan to get involved because the town doens't offer much, it's the school and the people there that make it amazing.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.