Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Deborah

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self, hands down I would tell her to apply for every scholarship that was presented to her and to go get her degree. Do not take a year off from school, chances are, you will never go back! Study hard, but enjoy life and experience new places, people, and things. Don't settle....EVER. Work hard to be the best YOU that you can be and trust your instincts.

There aren't many socially interactive options for non-traditional students.

There isn't a "transitions" class for non-traditional students, we are forced to be taught as if we are 18 year old freshmen, when many of us have children that old.

NICOLE

This was the smallest school that I looked at; we currently have almost 11,000 students. Murray was also the smallest town that I considered. This helps in a way that the classes are smaller so you get a more personal experience and your teachers really get to know you and help you out. Murray State also has a really good basketball team and not a great football team. I am a football fan, not basketball so that was new!

Cherish the time while you have it, don't take it for granted! You have it so great in high school, there are very few responsibilities and you always have people around to help you. You also need to really focus on saving money because college tuition is not the only thing you need to worry abouut. When you get to college no one is there to do your laundry and buy you food, shampoo, gas and clothes. Start a savings account now for the future as well, you never know what's going to happen. Hang out with your family when you can, after your senior year you are on your own and you may live with them again for one summer but thats pretty much it. Love them and cherish them while you can because believe it or not, you're growing up! Remember to stay true to yourself, what you feel is right and wrong. Do what makes you happy, accept opinions but remember that yours is the only one that matters. HAVE FUN!

The community! Murray State is a smaller school located in a really small town. It is really easy to get to know people at school and in the local community. Our campus is beautiful and the classes are great. I really brag about how pretty it is and how many nice and fun people I have met and befriended. With the combintation of a pretty campus, good community and great schooling, why wouldn't I brag?

Precious

My classmates strive just as hard as I and they are also very determined to make good grades and have an awesome educational background.

I would definitely tell myself that there is no such thing as researching colleges and scholarships too early. I would tell myself that fun can definitely wait also stay as involved in the community as you can. Getting community service isn't the whole package, being able to network and get connections is also included. Hard-drive and determination is as stressfull as you allow it to be. In other words, it is ok to just walk away and take a break sometimes not all the time. Exercising is also good to start before going to college so that you can be healthy going in and get your body used to exercising. Don't let anyone tell you that you are working to hard and you are an over-achiever. Lastly I would tell myself that there is nothing wrong with being excited about your future!

Bianca

There is so much I would change my past self, as a senior. I wish I can go back and do some duel credit classes and get some of my basics done in high school. Realizing that I have no financial aid help right now, only student loans that I have to pay off and many people in my shoes know how that feels when you're as young as I, barely nineteen and trying to do everything to get the money. I was in Business Professionals of America and choked on my first professional interview for an office job. I studdered like a fool and repeated a few things over again. I had the whole script of what I was going to say my head but I know now that to be honest with yourself and to loosen up and calm down during a interview such as that. Lastly, I wish I could have done better with my math. I should have gone to tutorials because now it bit me now that I am doing remedial courses and I barely have 3 classes. I could have least gone farther within my college basic years. I would have changed that.

Maritza

If I was given the opportunity to go back to my high school senior self, I wouldn't give myself advice. Instead I would Thank myself so much for never giving up! I would say Thank you so much for taking risks and chances! I would say thank you so much!

Murray is a great school for me; it's the perfect size and has a wonderful community, on and off campus.

I have never been a very forward person and tend to worry far too much. If I could go back in time and give advice to my scared little high school senior self, I would say that everything is going to turn out alright. I would assure myself that leaving home and all my friends wasn't the end of the world and neither is not knowing what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I'm still trying to figure it out but after my first year of college I'm beginning to realize that it's not the most important thing and that eventually I will have everything figured out. I would tell myself to stop stressing so much and enjoy this amazing opportunity that has been laid out before me. I would encourge myself to let go of the past, which I'm trying everyay to do. High school was amazing but now it's time to take hold of the present and write myself an even better future.

Any type of person would be more than welcome at Murray, I have seen it all.

ANDREW

My friends are supportive, outgoing and friendly. Most of my friends are from the same area of study and/or fraternity.

What I like is the uniqueness of the size of the town which is the small town feel that I like. Yet the school is mid sized and capable to doing a great job in many areas of learning.

The first thing I would tell myself is to keep an open mind about the path my career path might take. I would tell myself to apply for all the scholarships possible. I would also tell myself to find part time jobs to expand the ability to find part time work during college. As far as the transition I'm not sure I would have done much differently, as I just waited to see the best avenue to go in joining a fraternity and getting to know others.

Roger

Roger, listen closely. College is an experience like no other and it will take you on the path that will help determine the rest of your life! So take it seriously. I know it's hard to figure out what you want to do, and there is no way you can know right now what it is you want to do with the rest of your life but that's OK. Do yourself a favor and don't follow the crowd! Everyone is going to college, leaving their lives behind but you are your own person and following the crowd at this point will not help. Be your own man, make your own decision about what is best for your life and in the end you will come out better. Other people's lives are not your own and your decisions will only immediately affect you, so be smart! If at times you feel lost, don't worry because you have a long way to go and the road to get there is paved with obstacles. OVERCOME them and be better in the end. Always remember, Ad Astra Per Aspera: A Rough Road Leads To The Stars!

Nika

The most frustrating thing about my school is the price! I'm thankful that it's not as high as others, but they also keep raising the price every semester. That tends to be a bit discomforting.

After speaking with other students I have learned that if you are not ready to go to college you should not go. Some students that went into college right after high school ruined their GPA, missed out on important basic information, and only went because they were told to. It seems that a lot of students missed the whole point of college because they were only doing what they thought they were supposed to do. Just recently, this guy graduated with his associates from a 2 year college and went looking for a job. He didn't even realize that he could look for a job using his associates. I was truly shocked by this. Do yourself a favor and take your time. Don't waste your money. Figure out what you want to do, set your game plan, and go for it when you're ready!

I wish I had known more about the clubs and organizations before coming to this school. It would have been great to have an join a club right from the beginning.

Paige

My classmates are awesome and super helpful when it comes to studying and

My classmates are awesome and super helpful when it comes to studying and

It doesn't matter where your best friends are going to school. Make your decision for YOU. It is your education and you want the best education that you can get for your major. Also, take different business classes, or art classes, or whatever electives you want in high school, not just foreign language. Yes, foreign language may help you, but taking different electives may help you decide on what major or program you want to do. Do research on different majors and careers and see what interests you so you have an idea of what you want to do in your future. But don't stress too much about college because it is about having fun, too.

Murray State is for any type of person! Murray is so diverse so you can fit in anywhere.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.