Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Travis

Very friendly and helpful.

Very friendly and helpful.

The amount of class times that are given in the safety and health program for eah course

I would have told myself to study alot more and be more focused on my grades than baseball. Because I did not put the effort i could have in high school, I didn't recieve any scholarships. That has left me to pay for college on my own and with the help of student loans that will be looming over me after I graduate. I now have to work 40 hours a week to attend and pay for school which is diffiecult on top of my schoolwork. This all could've been prevented if i made better grades in high school. I would say to myself that it may not seem like it will matter at the moment, but it will ultimately effect your lifestyle during and after college, and also your financial stability. I still regret this to this day and wish what I am going through now on no other college student.

Brandi

Here I am, a high school senior about to graduate and in need of some good advice from an experienced college student. Now that I have been to college for a year I must know a few pointers to get started in the right direction on my journey into college. If you plan on having a high school graduation party, save the graduation gift money to help pay for college supplies especially if you are staying in a residential college on campus. The graduation money may not seem like a large amount but it will pay for much of your school supplies, neccessities, and living supplies. Another good rule of thumb is to apply for as many scholarships as possible and submit them early so you don't have to stress out about getting them submitted at the time of the deadline. My last tip is to pack plenty of formal attire for job interviews and college career fairs. If you can make time for a job during college get a job. Get your name out to companies looking to hire people in your line of work and who you may want to work for after you complete your studies.

I would recommend Murray State University to almost anybody because of its wide variety of majors and minors. However, if a student is the kind of person to waste their time at parties and does not plan on doing any studying then that person should not attend this school. With my mentallity it is hard to witness students ruin their future by getting drunk at parties, high on drugs, or just not participating in academic studies, therefore those people should not attend Murray State University. When given the opportunity to make something of yourself don't blow it.

Even though I am an "out-of-state" student my tuition is at regional cost because I live in a county that borders Kentucky. Murray State University is only three hours away from my home which is nice because I can visit family and friends during the holidays. The campus is beautiful and has a country-like atmosphere making me feel at home. Murray State University has a large enough student population that you can meet new people everyday and at the same time has an exceedingly friendly environment to feel safe when living on campus or near campus.

maxi

College life is very different from high school life. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool student. I'd tell myself to focus more on what I wanted to do after highschool rather than friends and other things that aren't important. Now, friends are important. Sports are important, things of that such. But, my education is priority. I would also tell myself to study more, because we all know how college can get. You can't cram and expect to pass. Now, in highschool, cramming was one of my favorite things to do. I know now that I need to plan ahead and study more and more if I expect to get good grades.

My school is best know for there study abroad program, they have lots of countries that we can visit. They also have many different programs for study abroad. We can visit over 100 different countries and they have lots of internships and classes that we can be invovled in. Recently we have been known for our basketball team and being one of the top universites in the nation.

I would have told myself to do a lot better in my classes, since I kind of slacked. Also to apply to a lot of scholarships that were avaible at my school and on the web. Also to save a lot of money and help out my parents pay for college because FASA doesnt really help that much. I would have told myself to cherish every moment because time does fly. Also to tel my self what things to buy and what not to buy, I could have saved a lot of money. The most important thing I would tell myself is to be confident and know that I can do anything because when I went to college i was so scared and I didnt take chances.

I wished I was more prepared of what college life would have been, and how I could have been more prepared with my living. I also wish I would have research more about the area my college is located, so I could see how different it was compared to where I am from. I also wish the different programs they offered in the summer that I could have been involved, so I could get to know people. I also wished I would have know what type of weather they experience in Kentucky, I could have been more prepared.

Danielle

The residential colleges have "teams" and do things together. The halls have certain events for the peopleliving there to keep everhting interesting.

What advice would I give myself as a high school senior? I would say to befriend the teachers because they helped you get that far. After I graduated, a few teachers resigned or passed away and I never got to thank them for never giving up their students, on me. I would also say to myself to not be so self oriented. I was cheer captain and prom queen. Everyone loved me and I feel like I let that take over my life. I needed to sit down and enjoy that last year of public school. I would definitely go back and say to forget about certain guys that I had dated and actually be with the guy who did ask me out. He was really sweet and nice, but I had to date the jocks.

One of the best things about Murray State is the dorm living. I know this seems weird, but I love the opportunity of getting to live away from home and meet someone new. Making new friends is something that I am good at and find inspiring. I hear that roommates usually stay connected throughout life and I can't wait to start a new friendship.

Your life is about to change. Honestly, a lot of your college experience is going to be stressful, emotionally draining, & sleep deprived. You will eat ramen daily, get your heart broken at least 2 1/2 times, & walk through campus in the rain because you, once again, left your umbrella hanging on the doorknob in your room. You're going to cry lot. All I can tell you is "this too shall pass." No matter what, you'll always manage to rally and charge at the world again. Do us both a favor and try harder your first semester. Your probably shouldn't be friends with James, but I know you will anyway. You're going to do a lot of things you said you'd never do. You're going to have regrets and sometimes be an emotional wreck. But it's all worth everything when it's 3am and no one can stop laughing; when you're laying on the floor with tears in your eyes from laughing so hard. Use your planner; mom is right about nearly everything; don't forget to love yourself. You'll enter senior year strong. I promise.

The school is very connected to the surrounding community. Basketball, for example, isn't just a school event. It's an event for the entire town. During any given basketball game, most of the town is there; it's quiet outside the arena. It's really the nicest town I've lived in. Additionally, the school is in a central locations so I don't have to commute more than five minutes--even living off campus. You can get anywhere in under 10 minutes. I've learned so much from my Creative Writing professors .

Many of the buildings and dormitories are older and outdated. The showers in the dorm I lived in were kind of scary.

dustin

Some advice I would give myself if i knew what i know now about college life would be to do a lot more studying and reading. I would tell myself in order to get to my goal in life and to help out my community like I dream to, work as hard as you can now that way you don't have to work so hard later in the future. Your brain is able to grow and retain much more information in your younger years of highschool than it would in the later future. Keep up your ambition to focus on your school work in order to go through your college years with ease. Dont give up, because it will be worth it in the end!

Matthew

I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say about Murray State. I have lived in this town for 10 years now and all I have ever noticed was how family friendly the school is.

When I was in high school I did not take my education seriously. I never learned how to properly study for a test or learn how to write a paper. So when I got to college I was overwhelmed with the ammount of work I had to acomplish. So i would tell my former self to pay attention in school and to listen when the teacher is trying to teach me how to properly study for the big final comin up at the end to the school year.

The best thing about Murray State University is the teacher student ratio in the classroom. I can't remeber having a class will more than 30 students in it. for me This is great because it gives the students a great ammount of time to ask the teacher questions and learn from them in a One-On-One environment.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.