Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Hillary

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to try harder my senior year. Transitioning from high school to college was not as easy as i thought it would be. I was a straight A student all throughout high school and i still feel that college is harder than high school ever was. I would also tell myself to relax and have some fun. I always felt that it wasn't possible to make good grades and spend some time to myself which made me uptight when it came to school work. I would always stress myself out for no reason at all. I would ultimaltely just tell myself to enjoy college because it goes by way too fast.

I really can't think of anything that frustrates me about my school

Vince

Someone who wants a small town feel, but experience a down home and fun college experience. Someone who likes a mid-range campus with a wide variety of degree programs. They should be comfortable with being in a somewhat rural area of Kentucky.

Vince, you are at a critical life transition. Sports, fun, and activities are going to swirl around you during your college experience so take advantage of them, but don't forget your making choices that will chart the course of your life for the next 30-40 years. Make sure your passionate about what you choose. Don't hesitate to work with a school counselor or advisor for direction because sometimes you struggle to understand your own talents and gifting. I suggest going and checking out some classes and programs prior to making your choice. Don't rule out further education either. You never know what doors will open up after you graduate. The economy will change throughout your career so don't put all your eggs in one basket. Dare to dream and don't forget you want to be able to provide for your family. Consider "AND" in your decision making instead of only "OR". Sometimes there will be lateral options that other people won't understand. You will have an exciting life and career. Enjoy college, my friend.

I wish I would have known more about on campus involvement. I would have also liked to had a preview of different degree progams so that I cold have made a more informed choice.

Tessa

I would give myself the advice to be more outgoing. People in college are so much more willing to reach out to those they don't know, so don't be shy or intimidated. Don't worry about what people in high school think of you because they are only holding you back. Be yourself, love yourself, and express yourself like you have always wanted because once you get into college people will embrace who you really are.

I think that any kind of person should attend this school. Murray offers such a variety of courses and is overall a great university. However, Murray State is located in a somewhat small town. People who are looking for bigger schools should visit Murray State to see for themselves if they like the size of this university. The students at Murray State are very accepting and come from very different backgrounds. This is why I believe that anyone could potentially attend this school.

chris

If I were a high school senior, I would give myself more permission to be a loner and not follow what others rigidly would steer me towards. I would have taken more and more classes in what truly interests me, Computer Science and Math, although I was severely discouraged from it, although I had a high aptitude. I would be more forgiving of myself, as people think this is an atypical choice for someone like me; however, my opinion says it suits me to a T! I have tutored developmentally disabled adult students in Math and English. I have tutored adult students in Baic electricity, HVAC and Photovoltaics, where I received a 4.0 in these classes, serving as a Teacher's Assistant, where I graded papers. I served as Vice President of Communiations 2012-2013 for the NV/CA Region of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, and I currently serve as a Director At-Large for the Alumni Association. I am a leader, who loves to help others, as I have been helped.

Jenny

Murray State is located in a small town in the southern part of Kentucky with thousands of the nicest and most helpful people from all over the world from different countries and different states in the USA, and each person has their own story and their own character; everyone is so Unique, and the School it self has such a wonderful scenary with the best programs for anybody and everybody.

The widest range of International Studies and Students.

As much as I truely love going to Murray State, I would sadly tell myself "DO NOT GO TO MURRAY STATE!!!" I love everything about Murray, and all the amazing people I have met, but there is just one thing I did not get to get away from. Parents. My dad's gf works at Murray State and she knows EVERYONE, and she tells EVERYONE that I am her bf's daughter and that they should keep an eye on me. I can go to a class room and the people know me, people I have never even saw before. It is the worst thing in the world to have taddle tale adults tell your folks about every little thing you do. I cannot even go and hang out with friends without my folks asking me, "So who were you hanging out with at the park??" Oh, they also expect me home like all the time. I live on campus in a dorm that I am paying for, for a reason, it is college. Privacy is needed and I do not have it here. Time Machienes need to be invented so I can do just that.

Jamal

I would walk up to my former self and kindly take me out to lunch, while also discussing the reality of college life and what I have learned until time allowed me to visit my past. I would then tell myself, "Do not to be afraid of what lies ahead and do not set your dreams aside because people tell you that you will not be able to achieve them . Do not ever feel like you are insignificant and do not be afraid to share your creativity with the world. It is okay for you to be nervous, but don't run away from your dreams, because you fear being judged and then failing. Stay focused and do not take time for granted. Be assertive and continue to express the humility, that makes you true to the person I am today." I would then give myself a hug and say, "Know that, if there is not anyone that does not believe in you, I do, because I have confidence in myself, and I know that I am capable of doing great things that will enlighten, strengthen, motivate, and entertain the world, starting from today."

Joey

Focus on class and work more rather than mostly having fun. Work hard, play hard.

Please understand that while your senor year may seem fun and you may feel that you are almost "done", this time in your life is so much more than that. If you could jump forward ten years, you would understand how important it is to make the most of this time that you have. Think ahead by doing things like taking advantage of college credit course that are offered in your senior year! My biggest regret is that I did not think ahead and therefore was not serious or motivated about college. My first year was wasted and many of the classes needed to be repeated. I know this may not seem like a big deal to you now, however once the fincancial burdens of college fall to yourself you will understand the frustration of not doing well or having to repeat a class. Since starting back I have been extremely dedicated and have mantained a 4.0 GPA. However, I often think back to how much easier college would have been if I had finished while I was financially supported by my parents and I did not have children of my own. Please, think ahead and stay motivated!

I have been attending the extended campus. Because of being at the extended campus I feel that sometimes I am not "up to date" with things that are going on. You must be diligent about checking emails and making connections in order to not miss out on any opportunities or deadlines.

Overall I am very pleased with Murray State. My only frustration is that I wish I had the opportunity to attend the main campus instead of being limited to the extended campus. I believe the main campus students have easier schedules and expectations.

Kina

If I could go back in time to high school, I would have to tell myself that once you step out of the hallways of high school, there is no one there to pick you up and help you along. In college you have to wear the hat of adult. Neither your mother or father will be there to guide you. You will need to be smart and research options on how to stay in school and pay for it. Do not get caught up with trying to make money. The time will come for that when you graduate. College is about finding out who you are and where you want to go in life. It is during this time that you will find out what your true strengths are. Beware of the advice you take as everyone does not have your best interest at heart. Finally, know that you are smart and have earned the right to be on that campus. Reach out to your professors if you are having difficulties. There is no shame in asking for help. You are not expected to have all the answers. Go easy on yourself and know that you are beautiful.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.