Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

megan

If I were able to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay focused. The first year of college was the hardest. Also, to not rush growing up. College is a wonderful experience a lot of people are not able to go through. Rushing this special part of your life, you would miss out on so much. College was were you find your independence, your future, and yourself. I would remind myself to make good lasting impressions on the professors because they can also help guide you through to better grades and possibly the career of your dreams.

Someone looking to go out every night or prefers city life. This town is small with minimal shopping close by.

The parking space available for commuters. They are further away from the classes and usually all full.

Elsa

Murray State is a rural, friendly university perfect for anyone from agriculture majors to engineering.

You should not attend Murray State if you are unfriendly, unwilling to learn, or are interested in living in big city.

I would advise myself not to stress too much about my college decision; I know now that I made the right decision. Additionally I would also advise myself to no worry about my random roommate or dorm assignment because she i now your best friend and you love where you live. I believe that everything happens for a reason and so far I've been lucky enough to have everything work out in my favor.

Loren

Murray State is known for excellent teachers who really care about students learning and many opportunities for students to particpate in on campus activities

I would tell myself to be more open to different types of people and new ways of thinking. just because you would do something a certain way does not mean that everyone has to do it that way. People like you for who you are and you are a good person so let the real you out and be confident. People like people who are confident in their own skin and who like themselves. Lastly, participating in different clubs and activities is the best way to meet new people and feel at home in this new chapter of your life.

There are many different types of people that attend Murray State. I strongly believe that anyone could succeed at Murray. If you like the small town feel and if you are interested in outdoors activities and water sports Murray State would be perfect.

TaKeyla

If I had to choose one thing that was the most frustrating for me at Murray State, it would be the fact that the dorm where I lived was very old, and the electrical system was probably outdated. We had fire drills at all times. We were not allowed to use extension cords, which some people brought anyway. It caused shortages in the building. Other than that, I had an awesome experience at Murray my freshman year.

The best thing about Murray State is that it is very family oriented. The community is loving and supportive of college life. The school is not spread out, everything is within walking distance for those who do not have a car. I feel safe on campus. If I had a need for anything, people were there to help...whether it was another student, faculty or staff member. The food is great. Lots of on-campus and dorm events. Very diverse. Keeps students active and involved. Great academic programs and support if you need help with any of your classes.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would give myself the following advice: 1. Do not procrastinate! When I was in high school, I thought I had all the time in the world to get things done. Wrong!!! College has taught me the value of time. Everything is time-sensitive. Professors don't babysit you. There's no make-up work or excuses. When it's due, it's due!!! 2. Prioritize! Don't get overwhelmed with the little things. Choose those things that are most important and get those done first. There will always be other things to do, but if you get those "big rocks" out of the way first, then you can focus on the other things. 3. Be the best you can be. Don't settle for anything. Strive for perfection. Work hard, study hard and be the very best that you can be. No regrets.

Mary

Mary, I want you to understand that college can be scary. Loans will loom over your head and finding a job won't be the easiest task you've ever done. You'll be afraid of putting yourself out there and meeting new people since you know only 2 other people at Murray. You'll have to depend on your roommate and your family until you can find your footing - and I know you will. While these other burdens may stress you, take a deep breath, and know that you will love it regardless. Use this opportunity to figure out who you are and look into every nook that Murray has to offer. You never know what you will find. Stay focused on your schoolwork and remind dedicated to your passions. Everyone at Murray is there to help you on your way, so take advantage of what they can provide for you and always be grateful to those people. Make some great friends and have a great time with them! They're probably just as anxious as you are. Life is what you make of it! Go to Murray and make it the best desicion you've made.

Murray State is a school that is wholeheartedly dedicated to improving it's already impressive abilities. Murray was ranked within the top 20 Southern schools in the U.S., but it never stops working to be better. Professors and faculty members always provide you with the best resources and encouragment to be your best and try very hard to help you succeed. Outside of the classroom, Murray State's sports teams are loved across campus and always have a large crowd to cheer on atheletes. Murray as a whole is a great place to grow as a person and student.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Murray State is someone who doesn't want to look around and see that they go to a school of diverse culture and students and faculty dedicated to what they do. Murray State has an ability to make it's campus home to many of it's students and is dedicated to helping students get involved. If you have no interest in leaving your dorm room and experiencing what opportunities college can provide, don't go to Murray State University. If you dislike the friendliest city in America, don't come here!

Aaron

My classmates for the most part are focused in on succeeding at their studies.

My classmates for the most part are focused in on succeeding at their studies.

I believe that the school does provide quality education for the size of the school as a whole.

I would myself the advice to get use to studying hard to better prepair yourself for the work load. Also prepair for long nights of studying an lots of research writing.

You are about to enter into a different part of life that is better than what you have right now, but will not be perfect. Do not get hung up on the belief that everyone in high school will either change or stay the same, or that moving away is the only solution. There will always be snobs, perfectionists, slackers, and preps, but in the end we are all shooting for the same goal. When you enter college, you will not always be surrounded by the people you have known since kindergarten, and that is okay, because now you are given the opportunity to make new ones, and to finally become independent and may even be able to reinvent yourself. Do not be afraid to ask for help finding your classroom, or if you forgot a pen at home. People are always there to help you, and the hype high school teachers put on cursive handwriting and nobody caring once you leave the "safety net" of high school is nothing but hooplahd, because around every corner is compassion and empathy. Keep your chin up and eyes forward, and do not hold back because of fear of this step toward adulthood.

I wish I had known more about programs regarding my major and minor, because I would have been able to gain more experience that would have aided in progressing not only in knowledge of the subjects, but in moving closer to my academic and career goals. Without these components, a catch 22 develops where you cannot get a job because you do not have the experience or knowledge, but you do not have the experience or knowledge because you have never worked in the area before.

The kind of person who should attend this school is a person who is outgoing, independent, and has spirit and passion towards something whether it be sports, the environment, or the subject in which he/she is studying. The person should not be a slacker, and should work hard to improve him/herself and want to gain a social life and relationships that will last a lifetime.

Samuel

"You're doing the right thing!" I watched all my friends fill out their college applications, all of which were to big four year universities. I wanted so bad to be filling them out, and talk about moving away. Unfortunately, my family could not afford such steep tuition rates, or university housing. I knew I had to be practical and apply for what I could afford. This happened to be the community college located in town, West Kentucky Community & Technical College. I watched all my friends, one by one, move away and start a new adventure. I knew that I had made a huge mistake. However, I slowly started getting used to small community college life and I began to find myself more involved in campus activity. I found my first job there (which I still have), and graduated with an Associate of Arts. Now, I attend Murray State University. I find myself better adjusted then some of my friends who jumped right into big college life. I wouldn't change a thing. What was right for my friends wasn't right for me. I would tell myself "stay strong, don't waver, and have a blast!"

dominique

Hey Dom- I wanted to grab your attention for a moment to enlighten you about what lies ahead. College is going to be unlike anything you have experienced but don't be afraid or shy away from the unknown. I encourage you to step out everyday and find a way to be more invovled with the campus and the community. Search your heart for what is true to you. Don't base what you believe on what someone else does or says; truly "be yourself or be by yourself". Seek constant improvement in how you study, prioritize, and manage time. Be more than educated, be wise, be willing to expound beyond your box of comfort because life has no order besides time. Don't run to what is culturally accepted for comfort or a place of belonging because your identity is not with either but in Christ. Know that fun comes in many forms but not all are meant for you. Build relationships that last, be loyal and be true. The only person or thing that can stop you is you...and I can tell you now...I won't be standing in your way. Love your future self, Dominique

There are no restrictions to the kind of person that should attend. If you want an education, apply and attend. There is a place for everyone at Murray State University.

Sierra

Always fun to work with. Each student usually hold up their responsibilites and there's usually no problems. Since it is a small town, usually everyone knows everyone already in the classroom - and if they don't, everyone is friendly enough to get to know.

I wish that the Financial Aid office were more helpful to students. I feel as if I"m always hearing some kind of compaint about that office in particular. I also wish that parking wasn't such a hassle to students who commute.

That all you need to do is breathe. Life is going to be overwhelming at times and sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, just remind youself that you can do anything you set your mind to and no matter how tough something may seem - it's always achievable, somehow. Also, never take life too seriously. You have to learn to go with the flow more often and learn to laugh at life at times. If you let it get you down, it will get you down - don't stress over the things that you have no control over. Lastly, don't be too anxious. Live and be young and let tomorrow be anxious in itself, things are going to eventually work out how they were intended to.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.