Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Krestell

My school is best known for their understanding, hardworking perfessiors and their great courses.

The most frustrating thing for me about Murray would have to be how mygate is set up. Mygate is not a very user friendly program and does always update when it needs to.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would tell myself that you need to get more focused on getting scholarships instead of wasting time. Also tell myself that college is gonna be a hard journey, not a breeze like everyone says it is.

Ashleigh

Looking back in time, I would say to myself as a high school senior would be don't be anonymous. Take advantage of every opportunity that you can get. Don't stop learning just because someone says you can't do it. Stay busy in college with extracirricular activities but remember your first job is to get an education. Remember to talk to all your professors and get to know them outside of class. This is an important aspect of college most students forget because we've grown up in an enviroment where we want to be anonymous. College professors have a wealth of knowledge that you always need to tap into. Once you start, finish what you started and don't quit until you have got everything you want because going back as an adult learner with a family is a lot harder.

This school is good for fresh out of high school students. This college has a great diverse offering of classes to help someone discover their direction in life.

I love the campus of Murray State University, yet I have to drive an hour to take classes. There is a campus located in the town where I live but they limit the type of classes offered there. I am an adult student, so I have a different perspective than most students. I balance working full time, a family life, and a student life. This school needs to be more friendly to adult learners especially in the economy we are encountering now.

Falen

Murraystate University is an educational tool for success. Any help I needed or financial assistance for the most part was given to me. The programs on campuse like Student Support Services was the best help this university could have offered me. This university stands for equal opportunity and do not tolerate racism or discrimination. They also offer free tutoring programs for those who need extra help in every subject. I love this school. If I had a choice to do it all over again i would choose this same university.

If I had that opportuity I would tell myself to prepare. I would let myself know that high school is not the same as college. In high school you have certain requirements that are laid out for you, making decisions for yourself is really not needed. In college this is the biggest transition you have to make. You are no longer considered a child in the eyes of society, your officially an adult and decision making like where you are going to live, what classes you are going take, what you plan on getting your degree in, and what you can afford all come in to question. You have to be able to balance your school life, your social life, and your work life. This transition can be difficult but if you have the motivation and determination to endure to the end the rewards you receive will be great and well deserved. Every choice you make will have tremendous impacts on your life so make sure your making the right decisions that evolve into postive outcomes. I truly believed this would be the best advice I could give myself as a high school senior.

What frustrates me the most about this college is the financial aid process. You get what you deserve eventually, but the process is a pain and it takes forever. For some students the process is not complete before school begins and they get purged untill the process is complete. I believe they can do better in this area. Other than that I have no complaints.

I might have a slight bias, since it's my department, but Murray seems to be well known for its Agriculture department. We have many farms here very close to campus that are closely tied to the on-goings of the campus.

Someone who is an all around decent person and isn't prone to sterotypical biases. Murray has a wide array of people are there aren't room for ignorant people here. Someone who also takes their schooling seriously, but knows how to kick back and relax when rest and distraction is needed. Someone who is respectful, of both teachers and their fellow students. And lastly, someone who likes to have fun, meet new people, and isn't afraid to try new things.

It may not seem like it now, but you are going to get here. Don't get discouraged, while things may seem out of control right now, you're going to get it together and you're going to make your mom proud. You're clean, and have been for almost three years now. I know it's really cliche, but it really does get so much better in college. You're no longer doing things because you HAVE to, you're doing them because you want to, and it gives you a sense of acomplishment. You'll change. You'll conquer all the issues that seem to plague your life and you'll rise above them, and while they'll never fully go away, you're strong enough to get through it. And know that it's ok to make mistakes, as they don't make us who we are, it's how we deal with them that defines us. And lastly, don't worry so much about mom, she really does do ok after you leave. She fills her time with work but I do believe she's doing just fine, so stop fretting and go to college!

Dylan

The advice that I would give myself as a high school student, approaching the threshold of college life, would be to participate. I would encourage them to take an active role in the determination of their future, especially when it comes to funding their ambitions and education, and to get involved in the community in a more social way. As a high school student I was introvert and slow to make friends. The tendencies that developed during this time have continued into the present, and in retrospect, has caused me to miss out in life; So, taking my current condition into account, participation would have been a good way for me to break these trends, and develop a foundation of affability and involvement, aiding me in the social transitions between a school of 150 students and a university of 10,000 students. If I had received and followed through with this advice, my life at the moment could be different; I might have received a scholarship, and I could have enjoyed my high school years to a further degree than what I did. Hopefully, by following my own advice I will have a better time during my college years.

Alexandria

It's not as big a deal as others make it sound. Just keep your head up and don't let the weight of college courses turn you into someone you're not. Imagine it like high school but with professors instead of teachers. Keep in mind that you have goals and don't let anything detour your confidence in reaching them.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.