Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

A small town college with a big college feel minus the huge classes.

A small town college with a big college feel minus the huge classes.

Even if your kids go to school in their hometown MAKE them live in the dorms or they will NEVER understand college life.

The small classes allow you to absorb everything easily if you want to.

Mary

Murray State is a friendly, diverse university set in an absolutely beautiful area of rural Kentucky where one can feel completely happy and peaceful - even when there's an upcoming exam.

Stepping onto Murray State campus is like coming home; there's an instantaneous feeling of acceptance and familiarity that you don't experience anywhere else.

The most important thing to remember when choosing a college to attend is whether or not you feel comfortable and happy there. No matter how hard course work may turn out to be later on, it will always be better if you feel at home and accepted at the college you're attending. Make sure to visit each university you're considering. If you walk onto one particular campus and instantly feel at home, you know you've found the right one.

Thomas

Before deciding on a college, figure out what motivates you. Once you figure that out, find a possible profession that will allow you to focus your motivation toward goals that you set for yourself. Find a school that has a good program in what you want to do. The rest will work itself out.

Way too may people go home on the weekends and summers.

Someone who expects to have any activity at their fingertips at all times.

mark

I think that it was unfair of you to throw in that the winner will be determined by essay at the end of a time consuming survey. If you are going to have this be a determining factor it should be presented upfront not after someone has invested their time. o i would advice students and parents to find out the most the can about all the schools so they dont find themselves in a position where they are presented with a set of unforeseen circumstances. But i would challange the students to speak their minds and step up to the plate when they encounter those circumstances becuase they never know what good may come from it.

the people that attend the school, becuase the people around you make all the difference.

Lisa

Figuring out what exactly I need to graduate. While there are papers that tell what to take every semester for your major they are still wrong. Our Map report is what tells us what we need to take and it is very confusing to read even my adivisors have a hard time reading them.

I really do not remember having any real questions that I needed answered when I started school at Murray State.

My one piece of advice would be to simply visit the campus. When you visit the campus follow your heart if it feels right and at home then it is the place for you. You are the only one that knows what that "home" feeling is.

Patrick

take more than one campus visit, and drive around the city the college is located in to get the full feel of the school

they closeness of their on campus housing. great community atmosphere

how hard it is to find an off campus job.

Anyone!! Murray is an amazing place. I don't believe that any other public institution in Kentucky comes close to comparing.

Do what you want to do!! That is the most important thing!! Forget money, and all that other unnecesarry baggage. Do what you love to do, and don't worry about anything else!

I was satisfied. It can get a bit boring sometimes, but as long as you have good company, Murray is always amazing!

Kaitlyn

That our school preforms well academically.

That our school preforms well academically.

I completed a public communications class this past semester, and one of the speeches that students had to present were persuasion speeches. My speech tried to persuade students to get involved with school activites whether it be with intermurals, clubs, or fraternities/sororities. This makes a student's time at school more enjoyable, and it gives them the tools to socialize with others. If students are invloved with some type of actvitiy it will allow them to be more organized and therefore be more sucessful in school. My advice to parents is to encourage their children to pick a school that will allow them to participate in school activities.

That even though poeple haven't heard of our school, the sports teams still preform well.

Christine

Small town university where faculty and staff work together to help the students succeed. They are especially interested in the non-traditional student like myself. I feel the faculty goes out of their way to accomodate the student. For those of us returning to school after a long absense, the encouragement offered is greatly appreciated.

The worst thing about my school is the library resource. Relocating from a large city with womderful public libraries at my disposal I was dismayed at the library and how out of date its books are. Thank goodness I have the internet available to me. I would not be able to find enough research material to use for any project there.

Truthfully, since I am returning to school after a 35 year absence, I can see that many high school students are too young and not mature enough to take on the responsibility of college. My advise to parents would be to encourage their students to volunteer in their communites before they embark on their college journey. In today's economy, I believe it is foolish to start college without clear cut goals and the desire to succeed. I see that many of my classmates seem to socialize more than they study and I know that if they were paying their own way they might look at things very differently. When your student is ready for college, I fully support a mid-size university such as Murray State with about 10,000 students. Murray is a small close-knit town that supports the university and its students. I do not think anyone gets lost in the crowd here and if you need special attention it is readily available. I would also encourage the student to get involved not only in their school but in the community. Finding a university that encourages that involvement is important.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.