Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Britney

My classmates are very friendly and helpful to anyone who is in need of help.

My classmates are very friendly and helpful to anyone who is in need of help.

The advice I would give to parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience would be to take a tour of the campus to make sure it's the right size for you or your child. I would also suggest living on or near campus. I have never lived on campus and I wish my first year I would have. It gives you a chance to meet a lot more people because you live close to them and have to associate with these people. Always make sure to keep up your grades, especially the first semester because it's the hardest because your on your own and think you got it down when you really don't.

There is nothing frustrating about my school.

heather

They are very foused on school, and detremined that they will get their degree that they want.

The most important thing to me was what was closest to my home because my family has helped me with everything. Also the cost of the school and what kind of help you will be getting in order to go to school.

That alot of students don't want to get involed on what is going on campus.

Perfect size, nice people and good education if you apply yourself.

Perfect size, nice people and good education if you apply yourself.

If you are looking for a school to attend or for your children to attend, definitely go for a campus tour, but dont limit your opinion based off of what your tour guide has to say. They're job is to make the university sound as appealing as possible. The real identity of a university or college lies in what its current students have to say about their experience. Talk to people you see on campus, sit in a class or two with a possible professor. Get a real feel for campus and the way that the institution is run as a student, not as a passerby. In the long run, what you take away from college is the experiences you have when you arent even in a class room. If the academic track record is wonderful, then thats just half of the equation. Its when you graduate and take not only a top notch education in your field with you, but also memories and experiences that will ultimately make you a more valuable person to society and to your career field that really counts.

I wish I had known how to better take advantage of the many resources here. It took me 4 years to figure out just how much MSU has to offer.

Rose

Murray State is a school that is open to all colors, religions, and nationalities, and supports educational growth as well as personal growth.

I would tell parents and/or students that they need to make sure the school is dedicated to the advancement of the students. I would also tell them to go around and meet with professors, administrators and students, this way they can see if the school is right for them. Also do a great deal of research on the schoool. Prepare a list of questions to ask when you go visit the campus. The most important fact I think is to visit the college numerous times before enrolling. Each visit will be different.

I brag that Murray State University is a school that encourages and helps students do well in life.

Caitlin

I would say to make a list of qualities that you would like your school to have. Visit as many schools as possible and go to the one you feel meets your needs the best. Try not to settle for a school that you don't really like because you'll only end up being unhappy and that will not make you able to enjoy college to the fullest.

I feel like I've found a good group of friends through my sorority.

I wish I had known that they only give out scholarships based on your need and not on GPA. That way, I wouldn't have wasted my time coming here.

Tobias

College is the first step along the path into life as an adult and picking the right school is an important step in the right direction. Students need to find a school with the ingredients to help them achieve the best education possible while realizing that social interaction is a necessary part of college. Learning to deal with others is just as important a skill as learning to make a living in the real world. Parents and students both should realize that it is the student that is going to school and making choices about what classes to take and what social groups to take part in. If the parent is the one making the decisions, they are just hurting their child's chances of getting the education and learning experience that will fit them best because, regardless of how well a parent may know their child, there are some aspects of their needs and desires in regards to learning and education that a parent will probably never know.

The small size of the classes, the low tuition and housing costs, as well as Murray's excellent reputation as a top ranked University in the nation.

Classes feel very personalized due to small sizes, my professors always know my name during class and will often remember it after I have completed the course and moved on, especially within my department.

janee

it is the best school in westen kentucky

it is the best school in westen kentucky

just visit as many school as you can get to know a few poeople around campus and make sure you do yu research is it right fr you.

about how the other students make murray feel like one big family everyone knows just about everyone on us and everyone is very friendly

Crystal

Make sure and study about the college or university you plan on attending. Starting first by going to the campus for a visit.

John

Extremely nice, but usually like to stick to their own social circles.

Extremely nice, but usually like to stick to their own social circles.

Listen to your gut feeling. Never go to a college that you have not visited, because once you visit it will all come into focus. Only the attending student can know whether or not the school in question is for them. Just as it is up to them to create their own college experience. The good times and the friend rarely find you sitting in the dorm room just waiting for something to happen. Only by getting out with your peers and making real life decisions whether right or wrong will the college experience reveal itself.

The worst thing about my school is the certain amount of apathy among the student body. Those who wish to get involved usually are and so it's hard to recuit anyone new accept freshmen. It can also become frustrating while trying to organize events on campus, since there is always a 50/50 chance there will be anyone showing up.

Christine

Murray State is in a small university with around 10,000 students (more than half of the town's population). I can walk to campus if I want to. The faculty and staff are very approachable. I am not sure that this is unique but it works for me.

Take your time in determining which school is a good fit. Since I am an adult returning to college, I strongly recommend that high school graduates take time before they enter college to get involved in some type of community service. Actually, I feel that should be mandatory in our country. At 18, most students have no idea what they want to do with their lives and many have no idea what goes on in the world outside their own city or town. I thought long and hard before returning to school and then wanted to find a place that was easily accessible not only its locale but accessible from the standpoint of how the university handled students like myself, the non-traditional student. Murray State was the perfect fit. My experience, so far, has been excellent. I never thought after getting my Associate of Science degree in 1975 that I would ever be able to return to school and keep up. I have surprised myself and my university has been very supportive. Size of the campus must be taken into consideration. On our campus, you do not have to be another number unless you want to.

If I brag, I talk about being over 50 and attending school with younger students and being able to 1) keep up and 2) keep a 4.0 GPA

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.