Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

John

Extremely nice, but usually like to stick to their own social circles.

Extremely nice, but usually like to stick to their own social circles.

Listen to your gut feeling. Never go to a college that you have not visited, because once you visit it will all come into focus. Only the attending student can know whether or not the school in question is for them. Just as it is up to them to create their own college experience. The good times and the friend rarely find you sitting in the dorm room just waiting for something to happen. Only by getting out with your peers and making real life decisions whether right or wrong will the college experience reveal itself.

The worst thing about my school is the certain amount of apathy among the student body. Those who wish to get involved usually are and so it's hard to recuit anyone new accept freshmen. It can also become frustrating while trying to organize events on campus, since there is always a 50/50 chance there will be anyone showing up.

Christine

Murray State is in a small university with around 10,000 students (more than half of the town's population). I can walk to campus if I want to. The faculty and staff are very approachable. I am not sure that this is unique but it works for me.

Take your time in determining which school is a good fit. Since I am an adult returning to college, I strongly recommend that high school graduates take time before they enter college to get involved in some type of community service. Actually, I feel that should be mandatory in our country. At 18, most students have no idea what they want to do with their lives and many have no idea what goes on in the world outside their own city or town. I thought long and hard before returning to school and then wanted to find a place that was easily accessible not only its locale but accessible from the standpoint of how the university handled students like myself, the non-traditional student. Murray State was the perfect fit. My experience, so far, has been excellent. I never thought after getting my Associate of Science degree in 1975 that I would ever be able to return to school and keep up. I have surprised myself and my university has been very supportive. Size of the campus must be taken into consideration. On our campus, you do not have to be another number unless you want to.

If I brag, I talk about being over 50 and attending school with younger students and being able to 1) keep up and 2) keep a 4.0 GPA

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.