Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Adam

Murray State is an excellent University with a diverse population and an amazing culture. The campus is large enough to offer a wide range of activities while the small class sizes allow for individual attention and instructors take a personal interest in making sure students succeed.

Duncan

having been given a potential choice of any college in my state, I almost immediately chose Murray the second I saw it. the campus is fantastic, the people are wonderful and always a pleasure to be around and talk to, and not to mention the food in the dining hall is to die for!

Sydney

I love being a student at Murray State. It is a nice sized campus with plenty of people around so that I always feel safe. Murray has a beautiful campus that caught my attention on my first visit there. The only thing I dislike, is there is not very much to do off campus.

Cassidy

Murray State University

Murray State University is home to a wide variety of cultures. Located in the bible belt of the United States, there are plenty of opportunities for Christians to really find a home, but the best part is that everyone else can too. Murray is named the "Friendliest Small Town in America" and it is 100% believable. Students can always find something interesting to do or to start. I wouldn't want to go to another university if I could! MSU Racer for life!

Louise
Alumni

I love it. Love the campus town.

Alumni

I love it. Love the campus town.

Kimberly
I love MSU!

I love MSU!

Murray State is a great school for being smaller and being located in a smaller town. There's not always a lot to do but the university and students help make up for it. I love my program and I think most, if not all, of the programs are wonderful.

I LOVE MURRAY!

I LOVE MURRAY!

I love Murray State. The community and campus is save and inviting. The teachers are always around and willing to help. I haven't a bad experience yet and I am more and more pleased with my choice in schools each day.

Miranda

I REALLY love my school. It's small enough that the professors/faculty care about you and want to get to know you and help you succeed, and people know who you are. It is also big enough to have plenty of activities to keep you busy and is very diverse. The campus is absolutely gorgeous.

We get a lot of people assuming the students here are super southern, since we are based in a small town in Kentucky. And there are specific stereotypes that go along with being Southern. But you will hardly find a more open-minded, supportive, loving student body in the surrounding area than you will at Murray State. While yes, some people are Southern, we have such a diverse student body. People from all around the country, as well as other parts of the world, attend Murray State. You meet so many people with different views and personalities, and each is just a friendly and outgoing as the next.

One of the biggest things on campus is Greek life. We have a very active Greek life on campus. As well as many different religious groups that are pretty popular. We have a weekly movie night of foreign films which is widely favored. We also have a very active LGBTQ group on campus, that I am a part of as an ally.

The people at my school are so much fun. We only have 10,00+ students, so it's not the biggest. But people here are so friendly. It's so easy to make friends. And if you don't know where to start, there is always so much going on at the school that it's nearly impossible to not make friends, if you just go out and be active in the school life. The school itself goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is connected to someone in some way. It's like we are one huge family.

MacKenzie

My classmates are considerate and very helpful.

My classmates are considerate and very helpful.

I would tell myself to apply for and do whatever I could to make myself stand out for scholarship purposes. Education is very expensive. This is something I did not think alot about when I was a senior. Schools say that they have tons of money to give to students, but I use never or barely get money from my school. Also, I would tell myself to make sure that you are prepared to study a lot more then you had to in high school, and to remember that your education is the main priority.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of scholarships given to out of state students. My school is in Kentucky, and I live in Tennesse. I have to pay over double the amount that in state residents pay for tutition. This has caused alot of money problems, and I have two loans out to pay for my education.

Mary

My classmates were friendly, but not always personable.

My classmates were friendly, but not always personable.

Mary, don't back yourself into a corner because of preconceived notions about what you like and are good at. Try out some of the life sciences, they are extremely interesting and useful. Be yourself, and search for good friends. Don't try to blend in with the crowd when you don't agree; standing out is not something to be feared, it is an opportunity to spread the light. Remember, though, home is always just a phone call away, and don't forget to call Grandpa. He will always have time for you.

The entry level English classes were less intense than my high school English classes.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.