Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Mary

My classmates were friendly, but not always personable.

My classmates were friendly, but not always personable.

Mary, don't back yourself into a corner because of preconceived notions about what you like and are good at. Try out some of the life sciences, they are extremely interesting and useful. Be yourself, and search for good friends. Don't try to blend in with the crowd when you don't agree; standing out is not something to be feared, it is an opportunity to spread the light. Remember, though, home is always just a phone call away, and don't forget to call Grandpa. He will always have time for you.

The entry level English classes were less intense than my high school English classes.

McKenna

My classmates are helpful and friendly, we help each other study and encourage each other to do well!

If I could go back and talk to my high-school self I would tell myself to go into college as an undelared major. I have changed my major 3 times and am finally happy with my current major; journalism! I would just imagine it would be easier to complete all the general education credits before starting major specific classes. I would also tell my high-school self to do what YOU think is best. College is going to be a time when you have to make your own way and develop yourself as your own independent person. You are making your own desicions that will effect YOU, no one else. Just keep swimming!

Nichole

Before Murray State University, I attended another university. That being said, I must say that transferring to MSU was hands down the best thing I have done for not only my education, but also my personal safety. The best thing about this school is not limited to one thing. The teachers and faculty truly care about their students' well being and even go out of their way to help when help is asked for. They are down to earth and REAL. They understand and only ask that you try your best. If something is going on personally, I suggest talking with your teachers. Security and emergency responders are quick and efficient. I know I can trust them to respond in a professional manner and know that should I ever find myself in a similar situation to my previous school, Murray State Security will not ignore my calls and will not delete any/all reports of attacks to save the school's reputation nor put the school's rep above a student's safety along with show favoritism towards students. MSU is always growing, so some say it's too big. Personally, I prefer small institutes, but I can say that Murray State sits somewhere in between. There are enough students that you don't get so much "everyone knows everyone", but is small enough that the teachers still learn name basis and make time for each individual (when the student asks for it). When I tell people I attend MSU, many are excited. I've even convinced two of my friends back in Chicago to attend. They both had quit school and now they are glad they gave MSU a chance.

Samia

The biggest hurdle I had to contend with was balancing my social life with study time and work. During high school all I did was school work and work at my part-time job. And even then I didn't have to study rigorously. Going to college presented a problem when I started socializing more and make more friends than I ever imagined. It was often difficult to prioritize. The best advice I could give to myself now would be, learn how to study effectively and limit my socialzing to the important things. Also most of all, not to forget the passion and ambition I went into college for, that would end up being what drives me to succeed in the most difficult of times.

There are very limited graduate degrees. Mostly masters but no PhD degrees. If you plan on furthering your education like me, you will most likely have to look elsewhere for that.

It is easily accessible and very friendly. You will find what you love to do and will be able to focus on that. There is plenty of room and the campus is small but very pretty. The town as a whole is friendly and college oriented.

jamiu

there are so awesome and talented

is the most priority thing to get as sinequanon in lfe, in order to my future brighter

Ryan

Murray State University is a school filled with amazing faculty and students that will help me achieve the goals for my futur...

Murray State University is a school filled with amazing faculty and students that will help me achieve the goals for my future.

I would tell me highschool self to learn how to study. Also learn how to manage your time wisely and turn your homework in on time. I never had to study in high school because I didn't take hard classes. Studying is a skill that every college freshmen needs to learn. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible and keep applying for them. I didn't apply for schollarships and I still owe on this years tuition. A thousand dollars would have been nice to help pay off those final debts of freshman year.

The worst thing about Murray State University is that they don't have a smokeing ban. It ruins my day when I have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to my classes. I understand that people smoke, I wish we had a smokeing zone.

Meredith

in 300 and 400 level classes my peers are driven and focused but 100 and 200 level classes students seemed to struggle with grasping the material or maybe not knowing how to study and learn it.

If by chance I could go back and give myself advice it wouldn’t be a plan or an outline of exactly what to do. I have learned so much about myself and the big world with every decision and “mistake” I have made, I needed to learn those life lessons. From transition from a senior to a freshman in college I wish someone had told me it would all be okay; as silly as that might sound I was so freighted to attend college it gave me anxiety and made me very self-conscious. Watching my peers always having confidence in themselves and decisions they had made was really scary when I constantly questioned my own. I needed to hear that I could do it my own way, make my own decisions and then remake them again if I needed to. I wish I could have told myself not to put the pressure of the world on my shoulders. If I could give my 18 year old self advice it would be words of encouragement to a more than bewildered little girl….. Ohh and maybe not to take advanced math class during summer session.

The main way to gain any "normal" friends is by going greek, college should be social as well as edjucational. Also, it is in the middle of no where.

Derek

Murray State is an awesome school that provides friendly people, a beautiful campus, great teachers, and valuable resources.

The transition to college is an exciting yet nerve-wracking time for every college freshmen. No longer are they big fishes in a small pond; rather, in college they become normal fishes in a huge ocean. But the transition need not be a tumultuous time in someone’s life. If I had the chance to meet myself during my senior year in high school, the overall advice I would give him is to relax and get to know other freshman and the campus itself. Out of every type of student in college, the best chances to make new friends lie in other freshmen. Like my counterpart, other freshmen are just as nervous about the transition to college. Reaching out to them may create an everlasting friendship. And knowing the campus itself is a good stress relieving method. Knowing where every class is at, along with popular campus attractions, can help ease my past self’s mindset.

Although most colleges see students of every type, from partiers to bookworms, Murray provides a healthy mix of every type of student. The school's atmosphere accomodates everybody's tastes, so I can't think off the top of my head who wouldn't want to go to this school.

Cheyanna

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to study a little harder and to work a little harder on my extra curriculars so that I may qualify for my dream school a little sooner and that college is not a game, as well as taking student loans. And that when you take a student loan maybe you do not think about it for a very long time but you do have to pay them back at some point, so stay focused and try to get a job. And most of all enjoy college to the fullest.

When talking to friends about Murray State University I brag about all of our student organizations and how we get many different groups of international students from all different countries! I also brag about how any one can get involved in student organizations!

Any kind of person should attend this school but the best kind of person to attend would be someone who is really excited to learn and work with the teachers and other students and live with a close knit community.

In my opinion Murray State Univeristy is one of the best colleges in the world.

In my opinion Murray State Univeristy is one of the best colleges in the world.

Dear Elizabeth, People may have told you that high school is the best time of your life, but they lied. College is amazing! Every aspect about it is better than high school. You will love joining a sorority and you will make so many amazing new friends! People complain that living in the dorms is terrible, but you will love having a roommate and meeting all the awesome people who live in your building! You will enjoy being away from home and making decisions for yourself. College is wonderful and you should make the most of it while your there! However, there are a few things no one told you that you should also know. You will get homesick. Sometimes you'll be lonely even when you are surrounded by people. It is okay to change your major. And the freshman fifteen are a real thing! College won't always be perfect, but it will be an amzing journey. Enjoy your last year of high school, but be prepared for the real best years of your life!

Someone who doesn't like the small town feeling for college and isn't willing to study or be involved on campus.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.