Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Cassidy

Murray State University

Murray State University is home to a wide variety of cultures. Located in the bible belt of the United States, there are plenty of opportunities for Christians to really find a home, but the best part is that everyone else can too. Murray is named the "Friendliest Small Town in America" and it is 100% believable. Students can always find something interesting to do or to start. I wouldn't want to go to another university if I could! MSU Racer for life!

Louise
Alumni

I love it. Love the campus town.

Alumni

I love it. Love the campus town.

Kimberly
I love MSU!

I love MSU!

Murray State is a great school for being smaller and being located in a smaller town. There's not always a lot to do but the university and students help make up for it. I love my program and I think most, if not all, of the programs are wonderful.

I LOVE MURRAY!

I LOVE MURRAY!

I love Murray State. The community and campus is save and inviting. The teachers are always around and willing to help. I haven't a bad experience yet and I am more and more pleased with my choice in schools each day.

Miranda

I REALLY love my school. It's small enough that the professors/faculty care about you and want to get to know you and help you succeed, and people know who you are. It is also big enough to have plenty of activities to keep you busy and is very diverse. The campus is absolutely gorgeous.

We get a lot of people assuming the students here are super southern, since we are based in a small town in Kentucky. And there are specific stereotypes that go along with being Southern. But you will hardly find a more open-minded, supportive, loving student body in the surrounding area than you will at Murray State. While yes, some people are Southern, we have such a diverse student body. People from all around the country, as well as other parts of the world, attend Murray State. You meet so many people with different views and personalities, and each is just a friendly and outgoing as the next.

One of the biggest things on campus is Greek life. We have a very active Greek life on campus. As well as many different religious groups that are pretty popular. We have a weekly movie night of foreign films which is widely favored. We also have a very active LGBTQ group on campus, that I am a part of as an ally.

The people at my school are so much fun. We only have 10,00+ students, so it's not the biggest. But people here are so friendly. It's so easy to make friends. And if you don't know where to start, there is always so much going on at the school that it's nearly impossible to not make friends, if you just go out and be active in the school life. The school itself goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is connected to someone in some way. It's like we are one huge family.

MacKenzie

My classmates are considerate and very helpful.

My classmates are considerate and very helpful.

I would tell myself to apply for and do whatever I could to make myself stand out for scholarship purposes. Education is very expensive. This is something I did not think alot about when I was a senior. Schools say that they have tons of money to give to students, but I use never or barely get money from my school. Also, I would tell myself to make sure that you are prepared to study a lot more then you had to in high school, and to remember that your education is the main priority.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of scholarships given to out of state students. My school is in Kentucky, and I live in Tennesse. I have to pay over double the amount that in state residents pay for tutition. This has caused alot of money problems, and I have two loans out to pay for my education.

Mary

My classmates were friendly, but not always personable.

My classmates were friendly, but not always personable.

Mary, don't back yourself into a corner because of preconceived notions about what you like and are good at. Try out some of the life sciences, they are extremely interesting and useful. Be yourself, and search for good friends. Don't try to blend in with the crowd when you don't agree; standing out is not something to be feared, it is an opportunity to spread the light. Remember, though, home is always just a phone call away, and don't forget to call Grandpa. He will always have time for you.

The entry level English classes were less intense than my high school English classes.

McKenna

My classmates are helpful and friendly, we help each other study and encourage each other to do well!

If I could go back and talk to my high-school self I would tell myself to go into college as an undelared major. I have changed my major 3 times and am finally happy with my current major; journalism! I would just imagine it would be easier to complete all the general education credits before starting major specific classes. I would also tell my high-school self to do what YOU think is best. College is going to be a time when you have to make your own way and develop yourself as your own independent person. You are making your own desicions that will effect YOU, no one else. Just keep swimming!

Nichole

Before Murray State University, I attended another university. That being said, I must say that transferring to MSU was hands down the best thing I have done for not only my education, but also my personal safety. The best thing about this school is not limited to one thing. The teachers and faculty truly care about their students' well being and even go out of their way to help when help is asked for. They are down to earth and REAL. They understand and only ask that you try your best. If something is going on personally, I suggest talking with your teachers. Security and emergency responders are quick and efficient. I know I can trust them to respond in a professional manner and know that should I ever find myself in a similar situation to my previous school, Murray State Security will not ignore my calls and will not delete any/all reports of attacks to save the school's reputation nor put the school's rep above a student's safety along with show favoritism towards students. MSU is always growing, so some say it's too big. Personally, I prefer small institutes, but I can say that Murray State sits somewhere in between. There are enough students that you don't get so much "everyone knows everyone", but is small enough that the teachers still learn name basis and make time for each individual (when the student asks for it). When I tell people I attend MSU, many are excited. I've even convinced two of my friends back in Chicago to attend. They both had quit school and now they are glad they gave MSU a chance.

Samia

The biggest hurdle I had to contend with was balancing my social life with study time and work. During high school all I did was school work and work at my part-time job. And even then I didn't have to study rigorously. Going to college presented a problem when I started socializing more and make more friends than I ever imagined. It was often difficult to prioritize. The best advice I could give to myself now would be, learn how to study effectively and limit my socialzing to the important things. Also most of all, not to forget the passion and ambition I went into college for, that would end up being what drives me to succeed in the most difficult of times.

There are very limited graduate degrees. Mostly masters but no PhD degrees. If you plan on furthering your education like me, you will most likely have to look elsewhere for that.

It is easily accessible and very friendly. You will find what you love to do and will be able to focus on that. There is plenty of room and the campus is small but very pretty. The town as a whole is friendly and college oriented.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.