Murray, KY
Murray State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Murray State University

Johana

In High School kids think that they already know everything about how the" real world" works and how it functions. If I could go back in time to my high school days I would tell myself, " Girl, you do not know what is waiting for you out there in the real world, try your hardest to aim for a good score on the ACT/SAT because getting a high score can help you get better scholarships and grants". I made the mistake of taking the ACT only one time thinking that the score that I got was good enough to get me into college. See I could have gone the extra mile and gone to tutoring and asked my teachers for help in my weak subjects but I did not do that and now I regret it. I would also tell myself get ready because you are going to be independent and you will have to grow up pretty quickly. My college transition was difficult because I was not sure of what degree program I wanted to pursure so I spent a lot of time doing research and quickly learning how to become the responsibe adult that I am today.

Casey

Murray State University possesses a unique sense of family within the campus. As a well-rounded school, the staff members are approachable and considerate of the needs of students. The teachers have the students’ interests in mind and will gladly assist when appropriate. This unity then furthers a student’s education and their likelihood for success within the academic and working world.

It's okay to feel nervous and anxious about college, both socially and academically. There are many other freshmen who feel the same way. Numerous opportunities to make friends will naturally present itself to you, so don’t be hesitant to approach people. Oftentimes the classes offered for freshmen contain many individuals around the same age or in the same major, so it eases the transition into a new environment and the availability of friends. There are many resources available to socially and academically assist students. There exist various offices and workers dedicated solely to the advancement of students, willing to provide assistance whenever help is needed. Free tutoring is available for when you need that extra help, but just remember to use a planner to keep up with assignments and classes. So don’t worry too much. As long as you do your work and be attentive in class, everything should be fine.

Before I began attending college I heard only of the challenges that would ensue, both socially and academically. I wish someone beforehand had told me it was okay to feel nervous and that there were many others who would feel the same way. Oftentimes the classes offered for college freshmen contain many around the same age, easing the transition into a new environment and the availability of friends. There are also many offices and workers dedicated solely to the advancement of students, willing to provide assistance.

Austin

I would tell myself that I made the right decision. Do not stress over what you have yet to experience because it will all work out. Murray State University really is the best of both worlds. You can meet new people each semester if you so choose or you can stay right where you feel comfortable with your close friends from the beginning. The program I am in could not be any better and companies are already contacting me as a Sophomore for internships and post graduate jobs. Enjoy this last bit of highschool but you will have a blast in college.

Someone that does not want to feel like they are going through an assembly line of college. Students are able to choose their own path and create a great education to better themselves for a successful career.

The worst thing about this school would be the parking/crosswalk problem we are facing currently. This school is growing due to its success. Once this minor issue is fixed a problem wouldn't come to mind.

Mark

Don't rush going to school. Applying yourself without focus will be a mistake for you. Learn what it is that you LOVE first and LEARN about it. Explore the possibilities that life has to offer you. Don’t be afraid to pursue what it is that you want. You have the ability to do ANYTHING that you want to. Things aren’t exact what you want them to be right now, but it will be fine. I want you to be honest with others and most importantly yourself. You know who you are and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Hear that voice inside of you and LISTEN to it. It won’t lead you astray or lie. People will change, YOU will change, people will come and go and you will be fine with it. When you finally do decide to go to school, because you will, learn more than what’s being taught in class. Learn about the people, the cultures, and the backgrounds from where the people that you will meet come from. The experiences that you will have will be with you forever and they will help you for the rest of your life.

Memry

Murray State University is unique, welcoming, and prosperous.

Murray State University is unique, welcoming, and prosperous.

I would make sure to live in the dorms longer and attend MSU first instead of a community college.

I would describe myself as someone who is consistently growing and takes time to continually learn by putting everythingI have into my work and studies.

I would tell myself not to worry. I am the biggest worrier, and college has only made that worse. If I could tell my high school self anything, it would be that things will happen the way they are supposed to, and in the end, everything will be okay. On the first day of class, do not worry about making friends, do not worry about not being good enough, do not worry about not being smart enough, just go in there and do your best. Life is going to be full of surprises, but you cannot control any of them. Take what life gives you and keep pushing through.

I wish I had known what exactly I wanted to do with my future. Upon arriving to Murray State, I had no idea what I wanted to become and I was not even sure of the major I was going into.

Gregory

My classmates at MSU are relatively the same as the classmates that I encountered at the high school I attended; they all seem determined and eager to learn.

While I perceive college life to be relatively similar to my time as a high school senior, there are some key changes that I would have advised myself to make in the transition. In high school I rarely had to study to make good grades. However, I have come to realize that in college more dedication is required to yield the same results. It was for this reason that my first semester was so rocky. In addition, I would have also told myself to find a job that would work more cohesively with my class schedule. Even though I was able to graduate third in my class, my high school awarded students with the highest GPA's. Since I had taken multiple AP classes and received a few B's, students that had taken traditional classes and recieved A's were rewarded more. This made my financial aid assistance nearly nonexistent, which in turn required me to pay for my college myself. Ever since I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had to fight off subsequent diseases and illnesses I have tried to make the most of the life I've been given. I would advise myself to continue.

As with any college or university, if you are unwilling to put forth the effort to succeed, then there is no reason for you to attend. College is a mechanism that refines your skills and abilities so that you can lead an enjoyable and successful career. If an individual is unwilling to oil and maintain the mechanism, then all of their efforts will be fruitless. Murray State University is no different; it may not be an Ivy league school, but individuals who are not determined to succeed should not attend.

Murray State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.