Murray State University

« See more reviews of Murray State University

Parking is a very large problem at Murray State. There are those students who live on campus and the freshmen who all bring their vehicles. Then we also have to accomodate for those students who commute and also the professors, and staff. I feel as though the University is remodeling the dormatories and are working hard in campus a new parking lot would be most beneficial.

One thing about this school that I feel is the worst quality is whne someone is trying to decide what m ajor they are going to go into, they don't provide enough information about that major and the names are often misleading. An example would be Computer Information Systems which is business orientated and TSM which is technology orientated.

The worst thing about my school is the library resource. Relocating from a large city with womderful public libraries at my disposal I was dismayed at the library and how out of date its books are. Thank goodness I have the internet available to me. I would not be able to find enough research material to use for any project there.

Ticket enforement policies are pretty ridiculous. I got a ticket for parking in my numbered spot when I forgot my tag, but others who park in my spot, or my neighbor's spots, during a sports game have no penalties, even if everyone in the area we can park at has their spot taken. Now they are considering tripling the ticket costs.

The worst thing about my school is the certain amount of apathy among the student body. Those who wish to get involved usually are and so it's hard to recuit anyone new accept freshmen. It can also become frustrating while trying to organize events on campus, since there is always a 50/50 chance there will be anyone showing up.

The worst thing I consider about my school is they don't have a lot of activities to do for the students through the winter. I found myself sitting in my room a lot during the winter. In the summer and spring times it seemed as if they always had some event going on for the students, but not in the winter.

There is not a bad thing I could say about my school because it is quite fantastic. The only thing I would change is the access to scholarships because college is expensive. While MSU offers tons of opportunities it is hard to aquire enough scholarship money to lessen the burden on a fincial struggle.

So far, at MSU, I've recieved very little help from the faculty concerning classes that I should take to help me graduate with my major and the academic advisors seem so caught up with other things that they don't have much time to set aside to help the undergraduates that need their assistance.

The worst thing about Murray State University is the lack of availible transportation. While the campus is within decent walking distance it would be nice to take a shuttle out to the farms and various other locations on the campus that are too far to walk.

That sometimes you have to know someone in certain offices in order to get anything done that is not academic related. It can be hard for new students or transfer students to feel like they belong if they do not join a sorority or fraternity.