Murray State University

« See more reviews of Murray State University

I would recommend Murray State University to almost anybody because of its wide variety of majors and minors. However, if a student is the kind of person to waste their time at parties and does not plan on doing any studying then that person should not attend this school. With my mentallity it is hard to witness students ruin their future by getting drunk at parties, high on drugs, or just not participating in academic studies, therefore those people should not attend Murray State University. When given the opportunity to make something of yourself don't blow it.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Murray State is someone who doesn't want to look around and see that they go to a school of diverse culture and students and faculty dedicated to what they do. Murray State has an ability to make it's campus home to many of it's students and is dedicated to helping students get involved. If you have no interest in leaving your dorm room and experiencing what opportunities college can provide, don't go to Murray State University. If you dislike the friendliest city in America, don't come here!

As with any college or university, if you are unwilling to put forth the effort to succeed, then there is no reason for you to attend. College is a mechanism that refines your skills and abilities so that you can lead an enjoyable and successful career. If an individual is unwilling to oil and maintain the mechanism, then all of their efforts will be fruitless. Murray State University is no different; it may not be an Ivy league school, but individuals who are not determined to succeed should not attend.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Murray State University is someone who doesn't like small towns, who likes to be near or in a big city or close to a mall. Murray, Kentucky is a retirement town, with a college in the middle of it. Most of the residents in Murray are elderly and are against alcohol consumption/partying. Also, students who prefer to have bigger classes, well known sports teams, and more to do, should not decide to attend this college.

Honestly, I think everyone should come to Murray State University! Murray provides a variety of majors, organizations, athletics and more that can cater to any student's needs. However, being in a small community, outside of the campus, there's not much to do in comparison to going to school somewhere like Nashville or Orlando. However, there are bigger cities close by which makes it easy for students who want to venture off campus.

Murray State is accomidating to every type of student as far as I have seen. The scools location could be the only drawback to those who don't enjoy the "quiet life", because Murray is located in a very rural enviorment. The closest large city is over 30 minutes away. So people that have a need for a night life and a skyline would not enjoy the school but as for every other aspect, this school is good for almost anyone.

A person that should not attend Murray State is someone who does not like the Greek system. The Greek society is a big part of Murray State, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but if someone were to not like the greeks, they would not care for Murray State. The Greek system is a big part of the campus in a way where it is always seen, and where most events happen.

i think that if you do not have self motivation than you should not attend this school . The professors will help you if you have a question but neither them or anyone else will be hovering over your shoulder and telling you to get your homework done. you also have to have time management because the professors will not care if you are late or not there.

I feel it is unfair to say that certain people shouldn't attend Murray State University. It would be in their best interest to be prepared to go to college though and work hard for their future. Everybody deserves a chance at a future and Murray State University is a very great place to accomplish that, no matter who you are or what kind of person you are.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school is a negative, judgmental person. We at Murray State believe in treating people equally and fairly. There is an unspoken rule of friendliness and respect towards one another, and if you are the type of person who doesn't believe in that, this is probably not the school for you.