Murray State University

« See more reviews of Murray State University

Figuring out what exactly I need to graduate. While there are papers that tell what to take every semester for your major they are still wrong. Our Map report is what tells us what we need to take and it is very confusing to read even my adivisors have a hard time reading them.

The most frustrating thing about Murray State University are the residental colleges. The residental college I live in is close to the acedemic buildings but is far from the dining hall, recreational buildings, and there are no Racer Patrol boxes, this means emergency boeses.

The most frustrating thing that I would let prospective students coming to Murray State University know is that some of the dorms are a little beat up and worn down and that it also is very hard sometimes to get things in your dorm room fixed in a timely manner.

The most frustrating part of going to Murray State University is finding a place to park. The parking is far from classes and buildings and during the cold, bitter winter and rainy spring it is hard to make it to class without being defeated by the weather.

The test scheduling is very hard to deal with at some points. This is of course a problem at all universities and MSU actually does a great job on trying to work with students on their schedules. I think that this is just part of the college experience.

Overall I am very pleased with Murray State. My only frustration is that I wish I had the opportunity to attend the main campus instead of being limited to the extended campus. I believe the main campus students have easier schedules and expectations.

Trying to be a full-time student and working full-time to pay for college. I still have to take out student loans to cover education expenses. I don't qualify for any financial aid except for student loans and they don't cover everything.

I will be 4 hours away from home without a car to go back and forth to home. I cant afford to buy one because I am buisy trying to just simply pay for the school. The FASFA does not cover $3800 both for fall and spring semisters.

I wish that the Financial Aid office were more helpful to students. I feel as if I"m always hearing some kind of compaint about that office in particular. I also wish that parking wasn't such a hassle to students who commute.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the price! I'm thankful that it's not as high as others, but they also keep raising the price every semester. That tends to be a bit discomforting.