Murray State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Murray State University

I enjoyed Murray State. There is such a beautiful campus. I will surely be looking at this school when I am applying to college soon. There was a lot of academic opportunities as well as campus housing. I think overall that Murray State University has a lot to over to me.

Murry is a wonderful school with a great community. It allows access to many amazing opportunities and can't wait for my four years as a racer. The staff truly cares about the students and the extracurricular activities are exceptional and there's something for everyone. the campus is easily navigated and safe. This is a cheap school that offers more opportunities than most.

Hope

Murray State is a very friendly school where you know and recognize many people but that doesn’t mean you have to talk to everyone. Everyone you see does smile at you or says hi and the class sizes are great! There is a lot of culture and diversity and for the most part everyone respects each other. I don’t ever feel scared or alone, I always feel safe and the people are so nice.

I love Murray State! Teachers are accessible and extremely knowledgeable. The curriculum is rigorous and really encourages understanding of the subject. The campus is safe and students are friendly. If you don't make a friend here, you must be hiding in your room! There are many on and off campus dining options to satisfy any craving. Study abroad options are abundant and well planned.

Louise

I love it. Love the campus town.

I love my school. I have made many friends and there are plenty of ways for everyone to get involved. I am involved in four organizations currently including Up 'til dawn, Best buddies, KEA, and Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority. There are over 150 organizations as well. There are several dining and living choices on campus and around town. The town is also a good size and very friendly.

Personally, I love Murray State and the town of Murray. Everyone looks out for the best interest of the students, while still maintaining a structural learning environment. The president (Dr. Davies) is so sweet, and loves to make you feel at home. He will try to personally know each student, and take a selfie with them.

Cassidy

Murray State University is home to a wide variety of cultures. Located in the bible belt of the United States, there are plenty of opportunities for Christians to really find a home, but the best part is that everyone else can too. Murray is named the "Friendliest Small Town in America" and it is 100% believable. Students can always find something interesting to do or to start. I wouldn't want to go to another university if I could! MSU Racer for life!

Victoria

Murray State is a home away from home. Coming from a small town in Southern Illinois, I was not really looking for something large and overwhelming. It is not uncommon to see a familiar face even though I do not know everyone here, or even know who they are. I see Murray's campus and student body as a unified group and there are always activities or clubs to partake in. Greek life at Murray is very predominant and it is hard to find people who are not involved. The Greek organizations are also very unified and it is amazing to see how supportive we are of each other and the causes each organization works hard to support. The professors are all extremely helpful and class sizes usually remain small which encourages more student to teacher interaction and a higher quality of learning. The location of this university is probably one of it's perks. Being only two hours from Nashville and three from St. Louis or Louisville gives plenty of options of things to do or places to go for a weekend. Living in Kentucky the last couple of years have been a delightful experience for me. A small homey college town is one of the best experiences a college can offer. I am very proud to be a student here and I love to have friends and family visit to show them around a place I call my home. I have never felt overwhelmed or bored at this university and I have found the perfect balance at Murray State University.

Kailynn

Murray State is a wonderful university. The staff and teachers are very kind and truly care about your academic performance. The campus gives off a calm and inviting atmosphere that you may not otherwise get at a larger university. I truly recommend this to everyone.

Rose

I am so glad that I attend Murray State University. The minute I visited campus I knew this was the school I was meant to attend and I was right. Being on a smaller campus has such huge advantages that you might not get on a campus with more students. Professors know me as a student and as a person; I'm not just another name on a piece of paper. There is such a community here that just doesn't exist anywhere else and I couldn't be happier being part of something so special.

Kimberly

Murray State is a great school for being smaller and being located in a smaller town. There's not always a lot to do but the university and students help make up for it. I love my program and I think most, if not all, of the programs are wonderful.

Sydney

I love being a student at Murray State. It is a nice sized campus with plenty of people around so that I always feel safe. Murray has a beautiful campus that caught my attention on my first visit there. The only thing I dislike, is there is not very much to do off campus.

I love Murray State. The community and campus is save and inviting. The teachers are always around and willing to help. I haven't a bad experience yet and I am more and more pleased with my choice in schools each day.

Kaitlyn

Murray State is a wonderful university with excellent classes and a safe, diverse, and accepting campus. With a greatly qualified faculty and staff, there is not a moment where students do not have full resources to expand their curiosity and knowledge. Student life is also greatly welcoming and there are opportunities for every student with any interest.

Leslie Beth

I love going to Murray State University. There is always something to do. Greek life is amazing. I have made so many friends here. Most professors are very understanding and work well with everyone. I love my major and program that I am in. It is a very nice community here.

Murray State University is the best decision I have ever made. I was all set to go to a different university, when for some reason, I changed my mind and ended up here at the last second. Even the first weekend here, the welcoming activities introduced me to some of the best friends I have ever had. I go to class and the professors actually know my name and how I am doing because the class sizes are not overwhelmingly large. Murray State is what you make it. If you want a big college feel, you can join Greek life or get involved in student government or one of the other many clubs or extracurricular groups they offer. Intramural sports are huge and help you meet so many people! However, Murray State does not have to feel huge, as on my walk to class every day (only 10 minute walks, tops), I could point out at least three people I see that I know. Murray State truly feels like home to me and so many of my friends, and I cannot imagine going anywhere else. The professors push you to be the best you can be, and although this past semester has been the hardest one of life, I have learned so much and am leaving it knowing that I did my best and am one step closer to being prepared for graduate school and my life after.

Duncan

having been given a potential choice of any college in my state, I almost immediately chose Murray the second I saw it. the campus is fantastic, the people are wonderful and always a pleasure to be around and talk to, and not to mention the food in the dining hall is to die for!

Cassandra

It is a great school to be a part of. The community is small and it is very easy to get involved and feel close to the campus. The surrounding community is also very supportive of the school and oftne offer discounts to students. Greek life is a bit part of the school mainly because it is so small there is not always something to keep you busy everyday. But the life is nice and I often feel safe on campus. Everyone is nice and supportive of each other and the professors love to help in anyway possible, nothing is too out of the way for them. It is a great place to challenge yourself while keeping that hometown feel away from home.

I am currently a freshmen here at Murray State University and I absolutely love it! Before coming I was nervous about making friends and fitting in, but I quickly settled down and now this place is my home. One of the main reasons I chose to come here was because of their amazing pre-vet program that not many other schools offer. I get to take classes working directly with animals unlike most students hoping to apply to vet school. I believe coming to Murray State was the best decision I could have made in hopes of one day getting into a vet school and pursuing my dream of helping animals.

Anna

Murray State is great school if you're looking for a campus that you can recognize people and become friends with them, but also great for meeting new people every day. There are so many groups and organizations you can join or even create. All Murray students take pride in their major, residential college, sport, club, band, society, and many other groups. Everyone is sure to find a way to fit in at Murray State University.

Alaina

I love Murray State University and I cannot wait to be a student here. I love the class sizes because they are not too small nor too big. The campus is beautiful and there as so many activities to keep students busy and involved. Everyone seems so friendly and hospitable. Murray State University is a 10/10.

Jessie

It's a beautiful school. Everyone I have met there has been extremely warm and welcoming. The campus and class sizes are fairly small and it makes it much easier on me. I start college here in the fall and I'm very excited for things to come. There's simply so much to do here!!

Cassidy

Murray State has become my home away from home and is like a second family to me. From the first day of my freshman year to my first day of my senior year, I have been surrounded by faculty, staff, and students who want nothing but the best for me. Just like in a family, these people go out of their way in order to help me grow, learn, and flourish as an undergrad student. The class size is small which allows for personal relationships with On top of this Murray has been voted one of the friendliest cities in America and it shows daily in the small gestures that everyone does. I am a confident, well rounded woman who has learned so much about my future career in self due to this university and for that I am forever thankful.

Austin

Murray State is a smaller school compared to most, but it's full of friendly people. The town of Murray is basically built around the college so there isn't a huge amount of entertainment outside of campus. Murray is about twenty minutes away from the Land Between the Lakes, and that's a great place to explore on weekends. Overall I've had a positive experience in my classes and made a lot of good friends, can't wait to start my next semester!

Callie

Murray State University has a wide variety of education to offer. They offer nursing, teaching, mechanics, and engineering. Murray State University also has a very nice and healthy environment which makes everyone, no matter who they are feel very welcome and happy to be there. Murray State is one of the best colleges to go to in my community.

DeDrianna

Murray state is an amazing school. Everyone is very friendly there and they are all about getting others involved. The community participation makes you feel like you are at your home away from home. The class size is not too big to the point that you feel like the professor doesn't know you exist. It's also not too small for you to get singled out. I look forward to attending my freshman year there in the fall. GO Racers!

Overall, Murray State is a great school. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved on and off campus. Although I have been attending Murray State since 2016, I was born and raised here in Murray and I love it. The community here is awesome, and everyone is involved with the college. The community comes together for sporting events and other extracurricular activities and it is amazing. The professors I have had have been great, although there are a few who are not, but that happens everywhere. Overall, a great place to get a quality education.

Kourtney

Murray State is a charming and widely diverse campus. There's always something to do, whether it's within the individual residential colleges or campus wide. You can find groups and organizations for every interest, from tabletop gaming to community service. Murray encourages students to get involved and discuss current events both in and out of class. It has a strong LGBT+ program and students of all genders and sexual preferences will feel safe and accepted on campus.

Haley

Overall it is a pretty great school. The sense of community is very strong being its a smaller college and each academic college and residential college are communities on their own. The town of Murray is pretty small but there is always something to do Paducah is an hour away and Nashville is just 2 so weekend or a day trip is always an option.

Adam

Murray State is an excellent University with a diverse population and an amazing culture. The campus is large enough to offer a wide range of activities while the small class sizes allow for individual attention and instructors take a personal interest in making sure students succeed.

Grant

I loved it so much, that I am currently a returning student! This is my hometown and being back means everything to me. I am so happy to be able to attend Murray State University once more and to finish my Accounting degree. I really love all of the improvements that have been made to the campus buildings!

Hollie

Great academic school, one of the best top notch Agriculture schools in the state of Kentucky. Small classroom sizes, makes your classmates and professors feel more like family than strangers. Overall beautiful campus with an enthusiastic vibe in the air. Great college to attend.

Pamela

I love Murray State University! It’s campus is beautiful, the people are friendly, and there is always some where to go hang out. Whether that is Winslow, the art gallery, the zen garden, or the quite section of the library, there is always somewhere to go.

Zoe

The atmosphere is amazing! Everyone is so kind and loves it there. It has everything you could want near by but has a home town feel. The food places cater to a large ranges of diets which is convenient. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and give you plenty of help.

Anastasia

One of the best things about Murray State University is its size. Even though I'm shy and don't have a lot of friends, it feels like I see someone I recognize almost every time I step outside, and it's also easy to get around the campus. Class sizes are small, so everybody gets to know each other and helps each other. I have also had some really amazing teachers here, and have managed to get an on-campus job, on-campus volunteer work, and club activities and events to look forward to all the time. The library has many resources for students, including computers (with easy-to-use printing and scanning), many kinds of books, and several rooms to study in. I like going to the pool in the Wellness Center. I also enjoy the on-campus dining options, although some students hate the food here, so it depends on the person. I also like my dorm room in Old Richmond. We have a connected bathroom and tons of storage space, much more than at other colleges I've toured. I can't say I've had any problems with people being noisy. Overall, I think there are colleges out there that have better features and resources, but I was still impressed by all the great opportunities at Murray State.

Robert

I was very impressed with all that Murray State had to offer. I went on a thorough tour of the campus and met with faculty, staff, and students. I was amazed with the one on one session I received from the staff in the architectural engineering program. I am looking forward to becoming a future Racer.

caleigh

I am completely in love with Murray State University. Being in the Honors College, I am in a fantastic community and am surrounded by phenomenal people. The small class sizes give us the opportunity to know our professors one on one and have great discussions in and out of the classroom. Also, with extracurricular activities happening constantly, I never have the chance to be bored.

Kelsie

Murray State University is an excellent college to attend. It is located in a local small town, so there are plenty of friendly people. However, there is plenty of things to do around town! There will always be something to do for the four years, so do not worry! The campus environment is very safe. The staff and student body are always so welcoming and always up for a chat! There is plenty to do, but you can always just look around the beautiful campus. There is a reason for everyone to come.

Holley

Murray state is an amazing place to be. I have never been somewhere on campus where there isn't a friendly person and theres always a chance to make new friends. There truly is a place for everyone on campus no one is ever left out. If you don't wanna eat in the main cafeteria there are plenty of other places to go I personally recommend the pony express and the T-room. Come check us out ASAP!! You will not regret it!

Sydney

I have attended Murray State University for both my undergraduate and graduate degree. Murray is a small town, therefore the student population of MSU is small. Do not let this alarm you: there is plenty to do on campus at all times. Whether you're in a Greek organization, religious, artsy, sporty, or just enjoy Netflix and chilling, you'll always have something to do. Additionally, the faculty is almost always available to meet and talk with you. If you're shy (like me) and dislike talking face-to-face, most of the faculty have responsive emails and are excited to have students chat with them. The main issues with MSU is lack of funding. Tuition has rose the past few semesters, so many students are displeased. However, MSU is still a cheap school compared to others in Kentucky. Additionally, MSU may not look fancy in comparison to other schools, but the appearance of facilities should not be why you attend a school. You should attend because the school provides you the best educational resources possible. Murray State has competent, kind faculty, engaged students, and plenty of places to explore for a small town.

Abigail

I like Murray State a lot. It was in my top 2 and I chose Murray over UK because it was cheaper and I loved that the class sizes were smaller so my teachers know more about me. Probably the only thing I can really make a complaint about would be to get better quality food in the main cafeteria, but for a college, its better than most.

Gillian

Murray state university is overall a beautiful campus which offers small sized classes where professors are able to focus more on their students. This helps the class as a whole have a higher chance at succeeding in our program of choice. The overall compassion reflected by each professor and teaching assistants is phenomenal which really makes learning something students can look forward to.

Clean, organized, efficient, great! The teachers are all very eager to help their students in any way they can. When I first met with my advisor he was very polite and helpful. The website is easy to navigate, and enrolling in scholarships and classes is simple and effective.

Darris

This is a great college to go to. It has great opportunities in whatever you want, and is really safe. They have a lot of financial aid help, so if paying for college is a big deal for you (like me) then Murray State is the college to go to. Murray is a good college town with very few incidents with drugs or alcohol, and the police are rarely called. No matter where you live on or off campus, there are great places to board for the semester. The food at our dining hall Winslow has almost anything you could want to eat and all together this is an awesome college.

Tara

I love MSU. It is a very safe school and there is so much to do!

Murray State is the smallest college town you'll ever find, everyone here is beyond nice and actually cares about your wellbeing. If you're a small town type of person that wants the benefits of a university, Murray State University is the place to for you!

Irene

I only have visited the campus once but from what I saw it was really nice. Most of the information can be found online to read about Murray's campus. One of my friends lives there and she says it is a great. I do wish tuition was a little cheaper but I think that is everyone for all colleges. If you are looking for a nice college to go to Murray is the place.

Roberto

Highly respected university with a perfect balance of lecture room and individual study. Small magnificence sizes which permits the student an opportunity to engage with professors and fellow classmates. Work schedule friendly with each day and night classes offered. Internships to be had for folks who qualify.

Lisa

I have been to Murray State twice. This has been the second time I have attended Murray State. The staff has been more than accommodating with my readmission. I am glad that now online classes are offered makes it even easier to attend a great university like Murray State. Murray also offers classes that are closer to home making it easier to go take finals than at the main campus at Murray. Here's to graduating Murray State!!!