Murray State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Murray State University

Alisha

I love all of the friendly faces and the staff is absolutely wonderful! The whole campus is absolutely gorgeous and all of the members on campus are super active and are always willing to go out of their ways to help others. I am so excited to call this my home for the next four years.

Shaye

It’s a great school! The teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful. The campus has a writing center with education majors that are available to help anytime they are needed. The campus is safe and very clean and inviting. There are lots of shops and restaurants close by. People are very friendly.

Payton

Murray State University is a beautiful place with the best hospitality from all of the people in the lovely town. I have visited the campus more than a few times, my sister went four years there and many people I know. I really just love Murray state and almost everything about it and I am so excited to join enrollment this coming fall of 2020!

mackenzie

Murray State has always been where I wished to attend college. Murray state is the only campus I felt like I could feel at home and still be miles away from my home. Out of all eighteen colleges I toured, my junior and senior year of high school, it was the most welcoming to me. I felt that Murray State would open great opportunities for me in finding myself and my future career. Murray state’s safety and welcoming feeling, for me, comes from its very small town and teacher to student ratio, where teachers are actually able to learn their students names and interact with them outside of class. A teacher and student relationship is a very important part of learning and the school experience in my opinion and I am grateful to have that relationship at Murray State University. It may not be one of the most out standing schools, but it is the right school for me and that is all that is important.

Courtney

Murray State is a good school that, in my opinion, is a victim of bad circumstances. With the way Kentucky state legislature radically cut funding to its state universities, Murray has been left to try its best to pick up the peices. Al lthe food has gone down drastically in quality (soon to be bought out by a corporation) and many important student resources were drawn back or cut all together, including the free heath clinic. My family is so poor that we cannot afford insurance. If I get sick with anything more pressing than a cold, I will either be racked with medical bills or just be ravaged by illness. The academics themselves are great, but with mandates of living on campus for two years unless you live within 50 miles and mandatory meal plans with disappointing food, I would only ever go here as a commuter.

Whitley

The campus is beautiful. They have excellent programs for all varieties of majors. I haven't had a bad experience with any professor; they are all so generous and caring and truly want you to succeed. The athletics is incredible. There are tons of scholarship opportunities and extracurricular activities to get involved in as well.

Tanyaradzwa Tanya

I would say Murray State University is an institution were you can expect to get decent education. Most of the professors are dedicated to helping students and make themselves readily available through office hours. There are some exceptionally good ones that will even host study sessions outside of normal scheduled classroom hours to ensure that students fully grasp the concepts of what it is they need to know before exams etc. The extracurriculars are actually really engaging and there is always an opportunity to get involved in something worthwhile. Given that Murray, Kentucky is a small place to live in, there is not much activity to partake outside of the campus, but that can actually be a good thing as it allows one to become more focused or less distracted.

Chuck

It's pretty good, the people are the main reason for going, honestly. The opportunities are good but there are parts of the university that leave a lot to be desired. Some staff are fantastic and amazing at their jobs, you can tell they have real world experience and know what they're talking about. Others, however, are pretty incompetent. All in all, it's a nice place to be in and it's fun depending on which teachers you end up with. It's all down to your plan for the semester.

Sydney

Love living here ,I am able to go home every weekend so Murray is not that far from my hometown. I love the relationships you can make with all the new people. The professors have been awesome and they willingly get back to me at all hours through email !

Grace

Murray State University has professors that are willing to put in the extra effort to assist students. There is a lot of pride, especially revolving around athletics. Involvement is high particularly among students involved in Greek life. Murray State provides a safe space in the classroom for individual growth while also providing extracurricular activities that allow personal advancement outside of the classroom, as well.

Murray State has something for everyone. Whether it's music, sports, or academic clubs, there's no excuse to not get involved. Murray State is nestled in a little paradise in Western Kentucky. It's location provides optimal food and shopping experiences on campus. Professors are accessible and they're so easy to talk to. Class sizes are small, providing for one on one instruction.

Roberto

"Murray State University provided me with rigorous coursework, undergraduate research experience, experiential learning opportunities, clubs/organization involvement, and a great diversified learning atmosphere. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime, connections among peers and professors that have already helped in my career, and a diverse background of coursework in public relations and psychology. I was challenged daily but supported as well. Murray State is a fantastic school, and I would recommend this university to anyone!"

Dorothy

I still love the #RacerPride and energy at Murray State University. I loved my classes, professors knew you by name, it was a great and friendly environment. I loved my college experience there. Everyone pretty much hung out with everybody, sororities and all.

Murray State University is a school with something for everyone! The town is friendly and the students are as well. Most of the professors are readily accessible for questions or help on projects. The tuition and fees are reasonable. I would choose Murray State over and over again!