Napa, CA
Napa Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Napa Valley College

Janet

Don't be afraid of taking on new opprotunities! You have big dreams and you have always strived to achieve them. College isn't easy but there are ways to get through it and even enjoy your time while you are in it. If you want to study abroad then do it and pariticipate in all the programs you wish to participate in. College is definitely the best time to take advantage of new opportunities and to broaden your horizons. You have a grand interest in the world and wish to help humanity, don't let that go to waste. When in doubt do as you always do, look up at the sky and remember nothing is impossible, except for flying in that sky!

The worst thing about my school would be the increase in price. The price for tuition went up which is often difficult to pay for.

The only kind of person who shouldn't attent this school is one who doesnt't wish to advance academically.

Edgar

My classmates are studious, young, and older adults all striving toward the same goal.

I would give myself the advice: Wake up every day and remember why you are going to school and do not be afraid to try new things and take classess that interest you. For college is not only the institution that will give one the some of the education that they will use in the world, but it is also a new place for one to truley show their full potential which decides your future. As well as, it is important to try new things because I need to be sure that I am going to study what I love, not what others want me to study. For what I choose to study, is what I will do for the rest of my life. If I am not having fun, doing what I do, I am not living my life right.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of variety of classes that one can choose from inorder for them to try newer subjects that could help them decide on a profession.

Chelsea

If I could go back in time and tell my high school self something about college life, I would tell myself to get organized and be on top of registering for classes. It is so important to have everything in place because there is so much going on that you can easily lose track of important dates and papers. I also made the mistake of waiting to register for classes until a few weeks before school started because I did not realize how fast classes become full. Luckily I was able to register for all of the classes I needed, but had I registered sooner I would have been able to make my classes on the same days and at closer times, instead of being spread out throughout the day and throughout the week.

The best part of our school I would have to say is the teachers. All of the teachers I have encountered so far have been extremely helpful and amazing instructors. They always provide help whenever a student needs it and they are always going the extra mile to accomodate us and our needs. They truly make going to class a wonderful experience and that is what keeps me coming back everyday to learn.

The worst part of my school is the web advisor that we are forced to use to sign up for classes and to check our grades. It always crashes because they have too many people register at the same time instead of making smaller registration groups. If this problem could be fixed our web advisor would easily be one of the best parts of our school.

Roselyn

My classmates come from all walks of life. There are young people, old people, and everything else in the middle. They all come from different races like hispanic, caucasian, african american, asian, filipino, indian, and much more. The people on campus are very nice. They will come talk to you and make you feel welcome. Everyone seems at peace, probably because the campus gives off that kind of vibe. My classmates love participating in class discussions and like to form study groups. Everyone pretty much takes school seriously and don't mind lending a helping hand to others.

The school perserves its natural surroundings. The only things that cover the grounds are the things that are needed like buildings, walkways and parking lots. The school has its own vineyard and solar panels. It is also right next to a river that is home to many different birds, animals, and fish. On the campus itself there are peacocks and roosters that run around everywhere. The whole campus is full of wildlife and will make you feel very in touch with nature.

If I could travel back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not drop out. I would tell myself to stay in school, get my high school diploma, and continue to college right away and how important it is to do this. I would tell myself not to waste time, but utilize it wisely. I would emphasize the importance of getting an education in order to get somewhere in life. I would tell myself that college life is nothing to fear, that it is fun and exciting and is nothing like highschool. There is no popularity contest and that being smart is not going to make you lose your friends. Going to college means being serious about your future and that you are the only one that holds the key to your success. No one can make the path for you but yourself. I would tell myself that I am capable, that I can be somebody. Just don't let no one take that away from you. This is your life, and the world is your playground. Stay in school!

Misty

Napa Valley Junior College offers great education that fits your budget along with building a brighter future for one's self.

If I had the chance to go back in time and give advice on college and the life it brings, I would probably have saved myself from many headaches and a lot of worry. If given the chance I would definitly say that to move forward does not only have to mean just that, staying home and going to a junior college is just as fulfilling as any other University or CSU. For some reason when I turned 18 and was about to graduate high school, I decided that a CSU was the only way to move forward with what I wanted in my future, but staying home with the continuing aid from my parents and an affordable college would suffice just as much if not more. I would also add to try to apply for more financial aid because the financial part became very overwhelming at times, and that asking for help is way more productive then not asking.

When I speak to my friends about Napa Valley J.C. I brag about how inexpensive it is compared to, for example, CSU Chico from personal experience. I spent so much time and effort to move away from home and pursue my future in my own hands and ended up wasting a year in which I could have just stayed home, swallowed my pride and went to the J.C. Basically, everything they offered at CSU Chico was right there at home, only difference was I was wasting an arm, a leg and more for what I thought was "better".

katherine

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, knowing what I now know, there are 3 important pieces of advice I would give myself with regards to college. First , I would reassure myself that there is no hurry to get into college. What Ive discovered is that education is a life-long process that does not have a definative start or end date, so there is no need to rush the process. Second, I would have loved an opportunity to brag to my younger self how much money we saved by going to a community college first! Insted of paying thousands of dollars at a private college or university, or taking on loads of student debt, I was able to explore my own interests and develop my educational goals with very little out of pocket expense. Lastly, I would tell myself to relax, enjoy the transition, and to not be afraid of college life. Although it may seem scarry, often in life it the bold choices we make that turn out to be the most rewarding. And on graduation day, the pride you feel will shine on your face having discovered your personal potential.

Anyone with a goal would benefit greatly from attending Napa Valley College! The staff is extremely helpful, professional, and possess a genuine desire to help students reach their academic goals. The school offers a variety of techinical & professional programs, taught by experienced instructors, that give you the necessary skills to create a life-long career. Furthermore, the college has a high transfer rate because a majority of Napa Valley College students continue their education beyond the campus. What I like most is that the student body at is comprised of a variety of people from all different types of backgrounds.

Napa Valley College, like any community college is for anyone who has the desire to learn; whether it be a new skill, technical training, personal enrichment, or even preparation for longer educational goals. This college serves the community and is focused on providing quality educational opportunities at affordable rates. I would have to say that there really isn't anyone who could not benefit from the experience and opportunities this school provides. They offer a variety of classes to help you achieve the level of knowledge and experience you seek.

Kristina

I would tell myself to take school a little bit more seriously because its not a joke. Just because the classes are more easy going in college doesnt mean that you dont still have to do the work or take it seriously. College can be a little bit overwelming at first but just take it day by day and youll make it through. Dont look at term papers as a major assignment, just do it in pieces and it will be much more managable and wont feel like your stressing to get it done at the last minute.

People who arent sure exactly what they want to do yet. Its a great place to get your general ed out of the way. They also have a great nursing program and police academy.

Alot of the teachers are really cool and dont hand out tons of homework. They make the classes managable and dont overwhelm you.

Alexander

People who are wandering, drifting along, and do not take education seriously should reconsider attending Napa Valley.

You don't know this, but one day you will actually care about your education. You will have dreams of mathematical proofs, UC Berkeley, and all the possiblities that you can become. Please take your senior year at New Tech High seriously. Take that calculus class, don't total Mom's car, and save the money you earn towards college because what you turn a blind eye to today will be your problem tomarrow.

Inspirational, underprivileged men and women who are trying to follow their dreams for a better, more fulfilling life.

Marie

I believe my school is best known for having enough courses in the college and financial aid and especially EOPS is available in my school which is one of the benefits we have in Napa.

What i would have to say if i were to talk to myself as a high school senior from knowing what i know now about college life and making transition, I would have to say that I should have been more prepared going into college and not just go into college of what I expected of it to be. For example, I should've looked more into more colleges so by the time I find out my major, I already have school I plan to check out and try to apply for because if you know your major and not know anything about a school who has the good requirements you want to get into for that particular major, it will be a lot more time consuming just trying to find a school. Most importantly, no matter how focus we get in high school, we should prepare ourselves to be twice as focus in college because college life is much more stressing with having your own time and needs in your own hands. For example, in high school, you usually get reminded of going to class when the bell rings and counselors doing their best for you to graduate.

What I consider to be the worst thing about my school is that they don't offer enough student help services. For example, tutoring everyday, counseling whenever you need it, but instead on a base to base appointment manner. Also, books and foods costs are increasing which is also one of the worst thing about my school.

Napa Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.