Napa Valley College Top Questions

Adonis

Don't stress about college. If you work hard in high school, the workload in college will not be difficult to manage at all.

Kesha

If could go back in time and talk to myself as a hihg school senior i would tell my selfto try hard this year. Go to college right after high school and don't find LaNashae dad. College is hard and there work is difficalt.

Janet

Don't be afraid of taking on new opprotunities! You have big dreams and you have always strived to achieve them. College isn't easy but there are ways to get through it and even enjoy your time while you are in it. If you want to study abroad then do it and pariticipate in all the programs you wish to participate in. College is definitely the best time to take advantage of new opportunities and to broaden your horizons. You have a grand interest in the world and wish to help humanity, don't let that go to waste. When in doubt do as you always do, look up at the sky and remember nothing is impossible, except for flying in that sky!

Edgar

I would give myself the advice: Wake up every day and remember why you are going to school and do not be afraid to try new things and take classess that interest you. For college is not only the institution that will give one the some of the education that they will use in the world, but it is also a new place for one to truley show their full potential which decides your future. As well as, it is important to try new things because I need to be sure that I am going to study what I love, not what others want me to study. For what I choose to study, is what I will do for the rest of my life. If I am not having fun, doing what I do, I am not living my life right.

If I could go back in time and tell my high school self something about college life, I would tell myself to get organized and be on top of registering for classes. It is so important to have everything in place because there is so much going on that you can easily lose track of important dates and papers. I also made the mistake of waiting to register for classes until a few weeks before school started because I did not realize how fast classes become full. Luckily I was able to register for all of the classes I needed, but had I registered sooner I would have been able to make my classes on the same days and at closer times, instead of being spread out throughout the day and throughout the week.

Roselyn

If I could travel back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not drop out. I would tell myself to stay in school, get my high school diploma, and continue to college right away and how important it is to do this. I would tell myself not to waste time, but utilize it wisely. I would emphasize the importance of getting an education in order to get somewhere in life. I would tell myself that college life is nothing to fear, that it is fun and exciting and is nothing like highschool. There is no popularity contest and that being smart is not going to make you lose your friends. Going to college means being serious about your future and that you are the only one that holds the key to your success. No one can make the path for you but yourself. I would tell myself that I am capable, that I can be somebody. Just don't let no one take that away from you. This is your life, and the world is your playground. Stay in school!

Misty

If I had the chance to go back in time and give advice on college and the life it brings, I would probably have saved myself from many headaches and a lot of worry. If given the chance I would definitly say that to move forward does not only have to mean just that, staying home and going to a junior college is just as fulfilling as any other University or CSU. For some reason when I turned 18 and was about to graduate high school, I decided that a CSU was the only way to move forward with what I wanted in my future, but staying home with the continuing aid from my parents and an affordable college would suffice just as much if not more. I would also add to try to apply for more financial aid because the financial part became very overwhelming at times, and that asking for help is way more productive then not asking.

katherine

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, knowing what I now know, there are 3 important pieces of advice I would give myself with regards to college. First , I would reassure myself that there is no hurry to get into college. What Ive discovered is that education is a life-long process that does not have a definative start or end date, so there is no need to rush the process. Second, I would have loved an opportunity to brag to my younger self how much money we saved by going to a community college first! Insted of paying thousands of dollars at a private college or university, or taking on loads of student debt, I was able to explore my own interests and develop my educational goals with very little out of pocket expense. Lastly, I would tell myself to relax, enjoy the transition, and to not be afraid of college life. Although it may seem scarry, often in life it the bold choices we make that turn out to be the most rewarding. And on graduation day, the pride you feel will shine on your face having discovered your personal potential.

I would tell myself to take school a little bit more seriously because its not a joke. Just because the classes are more easy going in college doesnt mean that you dont still have to do the work or take it seriously. College can be a little bit overwelming at first but just take it day by day and youll make it through. Dont look at term papers as a major assignment, just do it in pieces and it will be much more managable and wont feel like your stressing to get it done at the last minute.

You don't know this, but one day you will actually care about your education. You will have dreams of mathematical proofs, UC Berkeley, and all the possiblities that you can become. Please take your senior year at New Tech High seriously. Take that calculus class, don't total Mom's car, and save the money you earn towards college because what you turn a blind eye to today will be your problem tomarrow.

Marie

What i would have to say if i were to talk to myself as a high school senior from knowing what i know now about college life and making transition, I would have to say that I should have been more prepared going into college and not just go into college of what I expected of it to be. For example, I should've looked more into more colleges so by the time I find out my major, I already have school I plan to check out and try to apply for because if you know your major and not know anything about a school who has the good requirements you want to get into for that particular major, it will be a lot more time consuming just trying to find a school. Most importantly, no matter how focus we get in high school, we should prepare ourselves to be twice as focus in college because college life is much more stressing with having your own time and needs in your own hands. For example, in high school, you usually get reminded of going to class when the bell rings and counselors doing their best for you to graduate.