Nashville, TN
Nashville State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nashville State Community College

Katherine

The classmates I have attended with were all amazing. Everyone was always involved in the classes and desired to learn the material, even in the basic general eduacation classes. The students were engaged and focused on the tasks at hand for each class.

It is the least expensive community college and offers the same classes as the rest of the state schools for the general education core. It also has numerous technical certificates available that many other schools do not offer.

I would tell myself to go to the school and follow the path that I wanted rather than the path that my family members had aligned for me. I would choose to save my money and go to community college first and complete a two year degree and then move to my four year school. I would tell myself to live on campus and to thoroughly enjoy the campus life experience and new friends to be made and to explore the campus activities and find some I had interest in and to dive in 100%.

Danielle

NSCC is a small, flexible school made up of a group of students and faculty who have a great interaction and relationship with each other.

Take it seriously. This is your future and it does not need to be taken lightly. If you can grasp this one concept all others will fall into place. If you take your education seriously you will not procrastinate or skip classes, you will not half-way complete your assignments or ?forget? or ?not have time? to study for tests. You will not do these things because you take it seriously and it is your future. Start with finding your source of inspiration and drive and then put everything that you have into doing the best that you can. When you have that ?source?, that person or thing that you do not want to let down, whether it is your mom or dad, your child, yourself, or your future, you will relate your education to your source and you will have desire to succeed. My source is my son, it is for him that I strive to succeed. I will not procrastinate on assignments or fail to study for tests because it will reflect in my grades, and in turn, in my future, and it would be letting my son down. Take it seriously, it is as simple as that.

Size. The small size of the school allows for a good student-teacher relationship. There is sufficient time for interaction within the class and between the teacher and students. I feel that there is always time for questions to get answered and problems to get solved. I rarely walk down the hall without seeing a former teacher or someone that I have had class with in the past. In size, NSCC mirrors the small private highschool I attended. Size was at the top of my list when choosing a school and NSCC definitely meets, and in ways, exceeds the standard.

Kerri

Nashville State Community College is a well priced fast growing two year school that still provides an amazing level of education.

I would tell myself college is not as hard, or intimidating as everyone makes it out to be. There are many things I can get from college if I just stop being so stubborn and just learn. I would tell myself that one day I will need a higher GPA to get scholarships and freshman year of college is not the time to get lazy. All things I have learned in my twelve years of schooling is nothing c ompared to the things that can be learned in just the first year of college. It's so full of knowledge and know how. It's nourishing to the brain and can only be a positive thing if you keep your eyes and ears open and not be so stubborn.

The construction going on at Nashville State, due to the increase in addmissions, has made maneuvering the campus a difficult process. I liked the feel of a small school at first, but now the increase in students, construction workers and unfinished buildings is a bit of a turn off to the school.

Cassandra

My school is known for enabling students to get their general courses done so that they can move on to a 4 year university.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would advise myself to live on campus for at least the first year of college. My first year of college, I went to Cumberland University, and looking back, I really wish that I would have gone through the experience of living on campus. However, I am hoping to start Veterinary School in the Fall of 2010, and I may have the chance to live on campus while there. That is why I am needing all of the financial help and scholarships I can get.

Nashville State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.