Nashville State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Nashville State Community College

khual

My opinion is the reason I’m attending at Nashville State Community college (NSCC) to because they’re have Business major The it’s not too far from my home that’s why I’m attending to NSCC. My rating to NSCC is , It is a great school and a good school. Thank you, Khual hon I want to apologize for Some of my grammar it’s hard to understand it some of are, Because I got ESL at NSCC.

Caitlyn

This school is definitely a cheap school, and is a great place to check of general education requirements. I am transferring early because other than a classroom, there is not a lot to offer at this school. They do have clubs, but advising lacks a little bit.

Viktoria

When visiting the campus I knew in my heart its where I belonged

Esther

It was a good school. The education there is really good and the teachers do what they can to help you. There is also lots of security, which makes you feel safe and protected. I would recommend this school to those looking for a good two-year educational school.

makayla

I absolutely think this is a great school to begin your journey of academic excellence. It give you a sense of identity and helps you actually find yourself and what fits your passions. The professors are always helpful and encourage you to keep trying at every challenge.

I really like Nashville State Community College. It is a very nice campus and it is a safe place to be. The professors are fantastic, they are all great at what they do. The professors are always there to help. Students and staff members are nice and very helpful when needed. It is a great community college and believe others who are looking for a community college to attend, should go to Nashville State Community College.

Sydney

I love Nashville state community college. The teachers are nice they are there when you need them some teachers don’t know how to reply to emails. It’s a great atmosphere. There are vending machines. I definitely recommend this college as a first option for upper level learning.

Patricia

I made a conscious decision to further my education, along with saving money. Attending a college was offered by my previous place of employment and by choosing a Community College the tuition is thousands of dollars cheaper than tuition for private and public four–year universities. Nashville State Community College offers online learning which combines the best of both worlds for an adult who wishes to continue their education. The convenience and the flexibility of learning online was a no brainer and Nashville Community College made it all possible and for that I am grateful.

Tiffany

Nashville State has been with me every step of the way. Each professor I have had so far have been excellent, and I have no complaints. Nashville State is a great college to attend, and I highly advise it considering the price difference of it compared to Universities that are nearby. They have just as good of classes as APSU as far as your first two years.

Kiran

Nashville State is a great community college dedicated to helping you get those first 2 years out the way for a low cost! I personally think it is a great decision to attend Nashville State! I recommend it to many of my friends who aren't attending college yet.

I believe this is a great option to start for college. Although college isn't for everyone, I believe that just the core classes would be great for anyone to participate in. I have loved all of my teachers, and they have been very receptive to my questions and concerns. I believe they really have our best interests at heart. I think that community colleges are a great starting point for anyone looking to pursue a college education.

Lisa Michelle

I just love this College. Classes are flexible, tuition is reasonable and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The Professors loves to make a show. For example I offered to do a Flashmob with faculty only to the students and I go so many responses of the faculty members who wanted to participate. Blew my mind. When you have people with such fun hearts and good teaching you can not love your college.

Carlandrea

Nashville State Community College is actually good college to start off with to get used to being on your own. I'm a freshman at Nashville State so I don't know too much about it but its decent to start off but you don't get the full experience as far as being on-campus.

Mark

Great school to go to for those who are trying to come back after a long break from academic work. Teachers are very friendly and they give you all the resources you need to succeed! There are plenty of nice professors who do everything they can in their power to make sure you get a good grade.

Billy

My overall opinion of Nashville State is that it is a good school to attend for a community college. Would I recommend someone else to attend Nashville State, maybe not because of my experience from attending. I have not had the best experience with the faculty on campus, but I have had a decent relationship with the teachers on campus.

Fabiana

A fun environment where the students are ready to learn. The professors are engaging, and are easy to access outside of class for when I have trouble understanding something. The campus website is easy to navigate, and having an Office 365 allows for students to share notes during classes which is a huge help.

Kaley

I took online dual enrollment psychology and geography at NSCC. A lot of the ratings categories (e.g., "Campus Food" and "On-Campus Housing") don't apply to community colleges, but overall I had a good experience with one of the classes and a bad experience with the other. I'm disappointed with the amount of scholarships NSCC offers. It was kind of a pain to have to come to campus to take exams, but I do appreciate the effort to discourage academic dishonesty.

Aisha

In Nashville State Community College, we have many great teachers who are there to help their students. I was surprised by the tight security and the welcoming environment. I was able to learn a lot in the 3 semesters that I attended this school. Their are great opportunities and organizations for students that are interested in succeeding.

Desirae

My overall opinion of Nashville State Community College is a 3 star rating. There are multiple campuses to provide a convenient travel to education. The campuses are located in urban areas filled with eateries, corner stores and bus stops. The advisors are sub-par due to the lack of replies and guidance for first time students choosing classes and/or transferring credits. However, first time students benefit from registering at Nashville State due to the smaller class sizes resulting in a personalized experience with classmates and professors. As for military students, NSCC does provide a military representative which aids past service members in using GI Bill benefits and earning Basic Housing Allowance. In turn, the college is consistently "relieving" their representatives which yields to working with inexperienced "vet-reps" that lack ability to answer basic questions. Although the veteran representatives do their best in making our modern day heroes feel comfortable by acquiring answers through research, the service inadequate. On the other hand, NSCC has a large amount of "student vets" which allows vets to transition from boots to academics with ease. To add, the honors society of Nashville State Community College allows veterans to join with a 3.0 GPA, whereas other students have to join with a 3.25 GPA. The curriculum is average in terms of degree paths. Learning from the professors (in lighter terms) is honestly a hit or miss. In my experience, there are professors that value the unique learning styles of students, as well as professors with multiple complaints to the Dean. The STEM path, is filled with women and minorities which makes the field extremely uplifting for females and individuals of other ethnic backgrounds. As a Hispanic/Pacific Islander, a woman, and a veteran I feel comfortable being a STEM major and a "student vet" at Nashville State Community College for the reasoning of the student support on campus. However, the college can do more to provide an enjoyable experience to the students. Overall, the college is not the best by far, but certainly not the worst. Like everywhere, Nashville State has its short-comings and their high points.

Marshall

Some of the things that I love about Nashville State Community College are the location and amenities of the main campus, the organization between teachers and advisors, and the combination of day and night classes. All of my teachers have been invested in how the class does and very knowledgable about the subject they teach. Overall it has been a great experience and I'm very pleased with everyone that works there and the education I'm getting.

Morgan

It was pretty great. I wish when people applied for programs they offer there, there was a little better communication. I wish the school also provided some food services, like an actual cafeteria rather than vending machines with not so always healthy snacks.