Garden City, NY
Nassau Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nassau Community College

Ever

The most common ones are the frat kids and it is an accurate steriotype

The most common ones are the frat kids and it is an accurate steriotype

I'm new in this school and not really familiar with the activities they have but there's an activity called Latin club and is great because everyone talks about it

The students are really nice andbfriendly. If you need some kind of help, they will help you with whatever they can

The academics are absolutely good. If I had to rate it from 1 to 10 I would say 10

Dylan

A commuter school, with a tight knit family feel.

A commuter school, with a tight knit family feel.

I would tell myself to work harder. I know that I have so much potential, intellegence, and confidence, i would surely have suceeded in my high school career, had it not been for my laziness. If I gave half the time and energy I did to my work instead of video games, I would have been an A+ Student. But most importantly, I would tell myself to not give up. That things get better after high school, and that you'll love college so much, that it's not worth being depressed over.

That I'm in the honors program at the school, and that the professors and students there are as diverse and exotic as can be.

Cherrie

You go here to get your basic education.

You go here to get your basic education.

I would tell myself to try harder. High school really is important. If you want to go to a great school straight from high school you have to get good grades and be involved. Don't be afraid to go out there and join clubs, you probably won't ever see any of your classmates again since everyone goes in different paths. Be yourself and do research on different career paths. Do research on the colleges that are the best for the career you would like. Be more prepared.

It's not as up to date as it should be. All the equipment and furniture is extremely old.

Sydney

NCC is a wonderful school where you can get the same great education, that you would in a more expensive school ,for much less money.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that If I go away to college, staying in a dorm the first year is a must because you usually wont need a job right away to pay for your apartment. Pay attention in class and focus on all assignments. They are nothing like highschool. Think long and hard about what you want your major to be so you dont waste money taking useless credits. Going to a teacher during office hours is not like being sent to the principals office. They are really there to help and sometimes what you tell them can lead them to guide you to improve your grade and it may turn your B to an A. Do not work if you can help it. Give yourself one day a week to have fun. By doing this, you would have properly planned that day around your school so you are not loosing sleep for your next class for being too spontanious. TAKE VACATIONS!!!

This school is not known for its social gatherings, so if you are only about making friends and not really caring about graduating, you may want a school with dorms who will just take your money.

Jaleesa

As I look back on my High School career I wish that I would have pushed myself harder. I always settled for just passing or getting B's even though I was capable of getting an A had I applied myself. I would have tried to build a better relationship with my teachers and ask them for help instead of letting my pride get the best of me. If I could go back I would put my school work a head of all extra-curricular activities. Being in college has helped mold me into a responsible and ambitous women. Since being in college I have learned time management skills, been able to manage work, being a full time student, and being apart of extra curricular activities. If I could go back in time I would probably tell my self that time is precious and every moment counts, use your time wisely.

Before coming to Nassau Community College I wish I would have known about how great student life was. Before coming to Nassau Community College I often heard my peers say that Nassau Community College was like the 13th grade it. I didn't expect to get a real college experience there. Since coming to Nassau I discovered that apart from living on campus, Nassau has so many activities to offer students. Nassau Community College affords students the chance to travel for free with the clubs on campus, they throw social functions, and they offer many discounted trips for all students!!!!!

The most fustrating thing about my school would be the new banner system. Since the Banner System was established students bills haven't been sent out, which caused immediate dropping of classes due to unpaid bills. This problem caused many students to have a hard time when registering for their classes. Another fustrating thing about Nassau Community College is that administrations waits to the week before classes begion to cancel classes due to low enrollment. This is fustrating because at that point most classes are closed which makes it dificult for students to get in. This often affects graduation requirements.

beth

I think the most important thing to know is that plans change, and that nothing is really set in stone. As a high school senior, you worry about getting into college. As a high school graduate, you worry how to pay for college. I was accepted into my first choice school. I had the talent to get in, but no money to back up my dream school. I applied for scholarships, but I had no luck. Then I found I could get a free ride to another art school, as long as I started in the spring term of 2010. So it was all set, and I was worry free. I would attend Community College in the fall, then go to the Art School in the spring. December came and the plan fell to pieces, it looked like I would not be going to Art School after all. This came as huge disappointment, but in the end I feel that everything in life happens for a reason. I will stay at Community College (which is not as bad of a school as people make it out to be) until i can attend my dream school at reasonable cost.

well, its not my dream school and as an art major you should have too take more art classes you get your degree, i think.

Mariel

Nassau Community College is known for its affordable tution and its wide range of different majors. The college really lets you study in different majors so that if you are undecided on what career you want to do you can take your time and discover what you really enjoy doing. I had no idea what i wanted to major in so i went to Nassau and for a low price they really helped me decide.

If I was able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to have more confidence in the decisions I had made thus far. In high school I thought I wasn't smart enough to go to a good college and that I was settling for less by going to Nassau Community College because anyone could get in. I would tell myself that it was a wise decision because I didn't know what I wanted and that the names of colleges aren't everything. I would tell myself that college is a growth process and it gives you more freedom and choices as well as a chance to be independant and responsible. The transition from high school to college would be a good one and making the decision to go to Nassau would be smart because it would help me to discover my passion and give me the guts to follow my dream.

The best thing about Nassau Community College is the fact that it offers so many different programs for such an affordable price. The honors program is great because you have a personal counselor that helps you pick the right courses. For such a low tuition it has a wide variety of classes and engaging professors.

Deborah

Affordability and reliability in quality.

Affordability and reliability in quality.

Enjoy being a student and take advantage of everything that school offers without jeopardizing responsibility. Rushing to grow up will make you look back and wish that you could go back and do things differently.

I don't really have any complaints about my current school.

Jade

if I could go back in time I would tell myself that college is a learning process and the teachers do want you too do well. The teachers have a good attitude about the learning process as well. Its an affordable school and the Deen is very nice. He said he help with anything and if you had a question to go see him with out a problem, hes their to help just like the teachers. You can study what you want as well and by that you will succed. You can take other courses with your major as well.

The type of person whohould attend this school is someone who wants to learn.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want an education.

Diana

My classmates are wonderful and they respect my needs.

My classmates are wonderful and they respect my needs.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to find schools that are cheaper and have disability services. Also, I would find a school that have a small campus so it would be easier for me to not get lost and find a school that have small classes to make me feel comfortable.

The best thing about my school is that it offers disability service for students like me, who have a hearing impairment and the tuition fee is cheaper. Also, it is closer to my home and my professors are wonderful and helpful to me.

Nassau Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.