Garden City, NY
Nassau Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nassau Community College

Jade

if I could go back in time I would tell myself that college is a learning process and the teachers do want you too do well. The teachers have a good attitude about the learning process as well. Its an affordable school and the Deen is very nice. He said he help with anything and if you had a question to go see him with out a problem, hes their to help just like the teachers. You can study what you want as well and by that you will succed. You can take other courses with your major as well.

The type of person whohould attend this school is someone who wants to learn.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want an education.

Diana

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to find schools that are cheaper and have disability services. Also, I would find a school that have a small campus so it would be easier for me to not get lost and find a school that have small classes to make me feel comfortable.

The best thing about my school is that it offers disability service for students like me, who have a hearing impairment and the tuition fee is cheaper. Also, it is closer to my home and my professors are wonderful and helpful to me.

My classmates are wonderful and they respect my needs.

Alexander

Somewhat unimpressive aesthetically, but it's not necessarily the looks that count instead the experience granted by the individuality and quality in each professor which is in abundance.

I would explain that it was much easier than I would have thought, and that with hard work and perseverence, one may overcome even the most begrudging of tasks. I would let myself know that through college I should discover the brilliance of thought and accomplishment, the diversity of personalities and idiosyncrasies bearing useful knowledge and experience the world over. I would tell myself that the world would turn out all right, and that any digression can be uprooted and corrected with time. College is a place for growing, for maturing, for self-reflection, and for mental stimulation, and I would like it.

I tell my friends that there's a lot of really great professors, the classes are easy if you take school seriously and intend to learn. I've learned a lot since going to NCC, and I would easily recommend the experience to anyone.

Carolina

Stay out of trouble and attend all classes and get good grades; as well as go to college as soon as you graduate from High School.

Unfortunatley I have not met them yet but I am sure they will be all fine. I start in 2 weeks.

It is very close to my home and work; very easy to commute to. It also is very east to walk around the campus.

jessica

Do the best you can in the time left in high school to ensure that you go to a great school and possibly get a scholarship or two. Take your grades in college very seriously; skipping class may seem fun at the time but it's not worth it. Do the best you can with all of the facilities that are accessable to you. There are plenty of programs to provide assistance along the way; USE THEM. Do your best and hand in your assignments on time; you don't want to re-take any classes. Be social; you may build strong relationships with some of the peole you meet. Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, that's what the professors are for. If you dont understand something it is OK to ask about it. They don't bite. Be active in campus life as long as it doesn't get in the way of your studies. This is supossed to be the best years of your life so enjoy them.

I do like the peers. I have found few students act inappropriately in class or on the campus. The campus is always neat and clean and most of the professors I have had were very pleasant.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that some of the professors, not all of them, dont really 'listen' to the students. These specific professors dont take into consideration how the students feel or how hard they may find the class to be. When asked for help, some professors can get snappy, defensive or reply with answers around the questions without answering the questions provided.

Brian

If i had the ooportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself the following advice: Brian college is very diffirent from high school. In college it is your responsibility to understand what is required for classes, purchase your books and other materials. You are fortunate in high school that the teachers will guide you and give most of the materials required for class. The teachers will remind you to study and prepare for upcoming exams and projects. In college this is all your responsibility. You must learn to manage your time for studying and completing projects. You must ask for assistance when needed and ensure you understand what is being discussed in the class. You must learn to balance your responsibilites with work, home and school. You must become an adult. Remember these two words; resposibility and time management and the transition will be smooth.

Since, i leave in Queens the distance is an issue. So travelling from the 5 boroughs of NYC could be a hardship.

This school is good for students who need additional help with the basics, (math and writing, reading compensation) They have an excellent basic education program that will assit them before taking college level classes. It is also a good school for students who are unsure of a major.

Peter

Though a community college was not my first choice I was amazed at the opportunities Nassau Community College had to offer. I have trained with professors who currently own restaurants and professors who are certified international wine connoisseurs My wines & Spirits class went to Tuscany last fall on a wine tour and last Fall the department went to South Africa to examine developing food business models. Culinary classes are tought in a full service commercial food kitchen and hospitality in the grand ballroom. Not even private schools offered some of the experiences I've had at Nassau.

Looking back at the time I spent as a high school senior, knowing what I know now I would tell myself one thing, try everything. I would tell eighteen year old me to do it all, with a touch of caution. I'd tell him to party harder, study more, go farther, be afraid and do it anyway. you only live once and college is the place to do it. It's the only time in your life where your world is completely made up of you own imaginings. Pick a class, drop a class, add a major, heck...double major. Go for broke, the more you experience in college the more sure you will become of the person you are once you leave it. I would get of campus and go so far off I'd get lost and love every minute of it. Before the realities of life, live in the fantasy wrought by beer you've never tasted and girls you've never seen. Ride high on the adrenaline and soak up every bit of knowledge you can bear because once its over, its over. I would tell myself to forget about the past and try everything!

Thats the best part; the campus at Nassau is the most diverse I've ever seen. Students of every age, nationality and background attend Nassau Community College. This school is for everyone, if your looking to find your passion this is the place to start. The degree programs are as diverse as the students. You can study everything from agriculture to zoology to culinary arts to computer science to sound recording technology, the opportunities are endless. And taught by some of the most acclaimed professors in the country. My psychology professor is speaking at a symposium in Germany this week.

Simone

The scheduling is very flexible - day and evening classes and three different summer sessions. I just finished a two-year program in eighteen months.

Simone, "look in the mirror and be proud. Follow your dreams and don't let your parents recent divorce mess up your life. " Don't let anyone discourage you from pursuing your interests in fashion and a career in buying. College is not hard when you are confident in yourself.

Stevens

Nasaau Community College is best known for their academics and football program. At Nassau Community College you can strive to enhance your academic studies. At Nassau Comminity College they offer a variety of majors for you to select from. The professors at Nassau are very understanding and will work with you if you are having trouble with with work load. There are centers that will help you with math and english. The football program at Nassau Community College is very good. The football team went 8-2 last season and are still stiving to better.

I would go back and tell myself to not to be as worried about how to adjust to the work load in college because the adjustment is very easy. The proffesors are not as mean as everybody say they are. The proffesors are very understanding and will you help you if you are having trouble.

The type of people that should not go to Nassau Community College are the people that would have trouble commuting back and forth from school and home. People who are not open minded because Nassau offers a variety of courses that you should look into with great proffessors. P.pole who are not ready to be committed to their academic studies.

Alonso

The first thing that I would say is: Stay focus during classes because, this is not high school anymore, teachers treat you like adults and if you miss something in class or you are absent is very difficult to catch up. Second thing is to study at least two hours everyday for each class that you see because; you see a class twice a week and is very fast pace. A very important notice about college is that, you are on your own; there will not be anyone like in high school to tell you what to do. College is preparing you for what is out there in the real world and you have to do take care of your self because, there will not be anyone to do it for you.

The worse thing about my school is, that many people think that people that go to Nassau are either they fail or not that smart. Another thing about my school is that sometimes the people that work there do not help you as much as they say and the computer system that they used on campus is not very proficient. In the end, all it matters is that you do well and get good grades so you can transfer out and go to a better school

The kind of person who should attend to Nassau Community College is someone who is willing to start from zero, work hard and don?t think that they are less because they are attending to a community college. Nassau is a great place to star and it has a good reputation community college wise. Moreover, going to this school would make it much easier to go to any college or university.

Nassau Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.