Chicago, IL
National Louis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend National Louis University

Cassandra

My classmates were very mature and opened when it came to group projects. They were also very resourceful due to certains fields of employemtn. I apprecitaed their experiences and responce to certain sistuations that presented themselves while in class. I was fortunate to be in a cohort during my 12 months and we became very close. There are some classmates that I stay in contact with and with share different resoucrs to help our clients.

I believe that my school is best known for producing good teachers and good counselors. They have an excellent teachers program and an excellent counseling program as well. They also have a way with helping you learn how to do research appropriately.

There is nothing more important in obtaining a successful life than going to college. I know that there is so much potential in you and it will all surface as you attend college courses and learn from other people that are looking at obtaining the same thing. This expereince will be life changing for you. As you learn, you will also have fun. Take this opportunity and don't look back.

Kelly

National Louis University offered a Bachelor's program in my area that provided a general degree that could be used for many different areas. I really liked the idea of cohorts and that you have the same individuals through out your college experience.

If I could go back to my Senior year in High School I would tell myself to not worry so much about other people's opinions about me. High school is so high school. In college you are in a whole new world! Individuality is what other people recognize and what receives attention. In college you are praised for being who you are not what group you are in. Do you in college. Do what you want to do and what interests you. Do not follow the crowd, find yourself, who you are, and be happy with that person. I am sure the person you are is a great one in the making. It is okay to be by yourself. You do not have to constantly be in the presence of another person. It is okay to sit alone and read or eat your lunch by yourself. Other students are not focused on what you are doing or wearing. Everyone has their own troubles and concerns. We are all in college because we choose to be not because we have to be. College students have a whole new mindset from the high school way of thinking. Remember that!

What I like best about National Louis University was that I had the same classmates through out the cohort. We really got to know one another and provided each other with support. I still talk to some of my classmates now. The Professors were also willing to help when needed and very open minded. We would explore both sides of an arguement as well as the grey areas in-between.

annette

College is nothing like highschool, and highschool does not prepare you for the college life, but the best thing to do to survive is to stick to the books and not give up. Find a good paying job while you're in school and start saving up, but no matter what happenes, stay focused, do not let ANYONE get between you and your end goal, for once you get off of that path, it will be hard to get back on and it will take you longer to get your degree. Live your life, do not rush into anything to soon. Also remember if there is someone in your life that does not support your decision or tries to convince you to do something else, remove that person as fast as you can from your life. Keep the positive supporters close to you, for you will need it when it gets rough. Once in college, get involved with what's going on within the school and make friends, make tons of friends, for you never know who you may need when the time comes in the future.

The best thing about my school would have to be the untraditional ways they have their classes. instead of having desks like highschool, they have tables that make the student feel like they are important, as if they were sitting in a work meeting. Besides the style of the class rooms, the school is in the heart of downtown, it looks down at the art meseume, it's across from the mellieum park, close to differnt kinds of food. It is in the middle of the entire action. The school provides peaceful places to study with interesting teachers.

Those who should not attend would have to be the students who do not really want to go to school, for it is not a cheep school to attened.

Mary

What I got out of my college experience is that it is not just going to school but the lessons and the people you encounter throught he school experience . The value I received is that I was a single mom who went back to school when I was in my thirtys. I was able to achive my goals and self worth as a person. I have had the opportunity to meet people who have enriched my life beyond my wildest dreams and I go to work every day now and have the ability to support myself and my family. The unexpected value is the friendships I made along the way that are priceless.

A person who is dedicated to achieving their goals. One that enjoys the freedom to think independantly with the guidance of the professors to allow you to achieve your own goals no matter how high.

Not enough input from the students to allow for flexability as to each persons needs.

Tracy

I looked at some other schools before beginning at NLU. Where many adult degree programs are offered on-line NLU has programs that are classroom based allowing the student to interact with other students who are experiencing similar circumstances. Textbooks are included in your tuition. Classroom instruction is structured not only around the curiculum but also based on real world situations.

Be as academically prepared as possible. Take general classes while researching some career fields to prevent taking unnecssary classes. Be true to yourself, this is not high school there are all kinds of people at college don't pigeon hole yourself to one group of people. Get out and get involved; it helps you meet people and discover what you are about and what you like . Be open to something different than what have previously exposed yourself to. Have fun but don't compromise your values or your true self. Before you do something suggestive ask yourself "will I be okay with this tomorrow?".

National Louis Univesity is an excellent school for individuals who are seeking their education under non-tradional circumstances. NLU's classes are sructrured to allow the student to attend classes in an interactive group setting. For the adult learner who works or is raising a family while finishing their education NLU is perfect if you have been out of the classroom for a period of time. The instructors are available for advice and guidance while providing a curiculum that is stimulating and based on real life. It is a supportive environment for the adult , non-traditional and working student.

Michelle

I would have taken amble amount of time to study and to develop influential relationships with my cohorts and professor. I would have thougth thoroughly about remaining in the psychology field instead of shifting to Healthcare Administration. I would have performed more informative interviews with people in the Healthcare administration field.

An older adult that works or has a busy life that can articulate the academic coursework on a fast track level.

That I received a curriculum that was informative and the professors initiated support.

National Louis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.